Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: manballandall on April 22, 2012, 07:58:23 PM
Hugh showed a lack of courage today IMO. How can you just book someone for deliberate striking?. Oisins lucky to finish with 15. Always guaranteed a game of hard hurling but today was just dirt, really surprised me. Someone could have been seriously hurt and referees need to be stronger and stamp this out quicker. Some good hurling from both teams but spoilt by the dirt.

Were you even at the match ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on April 22, 2012, 08:01:18 PM
Quote from: manballandall on April 22, 2012, 07:58:23 PM
Hugh showed a lack of courage today IMO. How can you just book someone for deliberate striking?. Oisins lucky to finish with 15. Always guaranteed a game of hard hurling but today was just dirt, really surprised me. Someone could have been seriously hurt and referees need to be stronger and stamp this out quicker. Some good hurling from both teams but spoilt by the dirt.

Were you even at the match ?

They finished with 14 manballandall :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

No, just made that made up minder.
Stand corrected MR, should have happened a lot sooner just and maybe 1 or 2 more following him. Just my opinion obviously

saffron89

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2012, 07:19:34 PM
Well, as I thought the game was going to be tight, as for the scoreline draw not a draw, was a draw by me.

On that performance the league should go down to the wire, Sarsfields win again so are top. Gorts as i said have lost the plot with players not turning out for them.

For patches in the game we played decent hurling but should have created more scores, missed 4 easy frees, 2 straight in front of the posts.

Saff, Karl is injured and really should not have played, but played on, as for him being on the wane shows you know nothing about hurling.

Glenariffe traveled well for a change and caught us early with two goals that were sent in high and we didn't deal with, those are the breaks. Hugh could have sent off a right few players if truth be told but I'll not referee bash, these things have a way of evening out over the season.

The umpire for Glenariffe nearly won it for them at the end ;).

Carey on wed night so hopefully we don't have too many lads out injured from today.

well then due to his injury he was on wane.  Look at his second half, apart from a free he was well below par.  Could be due to injury but he was, his last county outing would also back my opinion up.  Only my opinion of course MR2, and it goes without saying it you have the last say and know everything.  After all you did start the thread  :P.  As for ref, Hugh was up against it as well as being a little soft.  i think both teams very lucky there wasn't a few more red cards.  Galls men certainly no angels.  Young McCourty should of had about 4 yellow cards. 

all in all very enjoyable.  a scoreboard would be the next thing club requires, now that they have a couple of managers i saw on the far side.  maybe they were just very vocal subs :P

Minder

Quote from: manballandall on April 22, 2012, 08:12:25 PM
No, just made that made up minder.
Stand corrected MR, should have happened a lot sooner just and maybe 1 or 2 more following him. Just my opinion obviously

CJ McGourty being one of them.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on April 22, 2012, 08:25:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2012, 07:19:34 PM
Well, as I thought the game was going to be tight, as for the scoreline draw not a draw, was a draw by me.

On that performance the league should go down to the wire, Sarsfields win again so are top. Gorts as i said have lost the plot with players not turning out for them.

For patches in the game we played decent hurling but should have created more scores, missed 4 easy frees, 2 straight in front of the posts.

Saff, Karl is injured and really should not have played, but played on, as for him being on the wane shows you know nothing about hurling.

Glenariffe traveled well for a change and caught us early with two goals that were sent in high and we didn't deal with, those are the breaks. Hugh could have sent off a right few players if truth be told but I'll not referee bash, these things have a way of evening out over the season.

The umpire for Glenariffe nearly won it for them at the end ;).

Carey on wed night so hopefully we don't have too many lads out injured from today.

well then due to his injury he was on wane.  Look at his second half, apart from a free he was well below par.  Could be due to injury but he was, his last county outing would also back my opinion up.  Only my opinion of course MR2, and it goes without saying it you have the last say and know everything.  After all you did start the thread  :P.  As for ref, Hugh was up against it as well as being a little soft.  i think both teams very lucky there wasn't a few more red cards.  Galls men certainly no angels.  Young McCourty should of had about 4 yellow cards. 

all in all very enjoyable. a scoreboard would be the next thing club requires, now that they have a couple of managers i saw on the far side.  maybe they were just very vocal subs :P

If you can't count up to 16 then you have problems, as for on the wane and being injured, two seperate things
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron89

just a suggestion MR2 to improve your club.  consultation fee not required.  What i would say is two excellent pitches.  based on todays game i would head up the glens for the other league game featuring these 2 clubs.  Think it would be fair to say the winner of which could go up, assuming the Galls aren't too badly effected by the big ball throughout the league. 

Is it true that the club advertised for 2 managers football and hurling?  does this mean expenses are also provided?????

no sign of recession just yet with the Galls men.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on April 22, 2012, 10:48:29 PM
just a suggestion MR2 to improve your club.  consultation fee not required.  What i would say is two excellent pitches.  based on todays game i would head up the glens for the other league game featuring these 2 clubs.  Think it would be fair to say the winner of which could go up, assuming the Galls aren't too badly effected by the big ball throughout the league. 

Is it true that the club advertised for 2 managers football and hurling?  does this mean expenses are also provided?????

We pay 80 quid a session, free fuel for the year and free subscription to thompson garage!!

saffronog

Has Mr eastwood been abducted by one of these sects

El Plato

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2012, 11:25:30 PM
Quote from: saffron89 on April 22, 2012, 10:48:29 PM

We pay 80 quid a session, free fuel for the year and free subscription to thompson garage!!
Seriously Milltown man, are St.Galls still without a hurling manager? As a neutral observer, it did not look like it today at Milltown, the boys on the line appeared to be well in control of things.  Have to say also, your lads hurled fairly well.
"I should have utilised the Spell Check" El Pato.

btdtgtt

Myself and mr2 have been at odds before over him running down galls - mind games on an Internet forum are futile! Let's just say milltown was well organised today.
As a neutral watching I can see both sides if the argument here - Torney was terrible but I think he was bad for both sides and a draw was a fair result. Dare I mention dual club status but I think it will cost galls promotion. Oisins to go up by virtue of making less mistakes. One thing I have to say is karl was obviously not at full pelt - normally he would be the best player in this league.

Hardstation had a word (pint) with few of ur guys players & non-players seems like u thru match away. 2goals getting scored (same player) while 8 given away mostly soft.  I think ur young talent are struggling with senior hurling - skill not enough alone when still relying on oul hands to drive game. But fair play to dearg maybe if paddy hands comes on board they can take more points.

A final point - sarsfields top the table! Well done the paddies!

NAG1

Quote from: El Plato on April 22, 2012, 11:14:21 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 22, 2012, 12:23:25 AM
Next point of discussion and I'm only putting it out there........

......our county board and the Knights of Saint Columbanus.

There was a boy who came on this board a while back who tried to stir up a lot of shit although he appeared to be in the know on a number of things. He had the Knights of Saint Columbanus crest as his avatar.

Since then I have learned that a high number of our county board officials are indeed in this exclusive club of ballbags.

What's the craic with that?
HS, you'd be surprised how many of the powers that be at Casement are attached to the sinister inner circle you allude to. It has been said and a well established fact, for some positions in the county you have to be a member of 'the Knights'. McSp****n, M****y,O'****, G****, et al, to name but a few, are among the long established brothers.  It is also a prerequisite to becoming county Chairman. Truth has it, quite a number of our officials  partake in the goings on in such a sinister organisation, but many of them are only there as a means of attempting to build a holier than now reputation for themselves, following serious earlier misdemeanors.  I wouldn't worry about it at all though! - like child abusing priests, they will eventually be outed and exposed.

El Pato

That post is in serious bad taste and the insinuations on it are what get genuine posters on here a bad name, we could seriously do without this type of BS posting.

This is a gaa forum and that type of Sunday World crap has no place here.

maxpower

What happens next????

oisinog

It appears someone is spouting the same crap on the county guestbook

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on April 23, 2012, 08:32:57 AM
Quote from: El Plato on April 22, 2012, 11:14:21 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 22, 2012, 12:23:25 AM
Next point of discussion and I'm only putting it out there........

......our county board and the Knights of Saint Columbanus.

There was a boy who came on this board a while back who tried to stir up a lot of shit although he appeared to be in the know on a number of things. He had the Knights of Saint Columbanus crest as his avatar.

Since then I have learned that a high number of our county board officials are indeed in this exclusive club of ballbags.

What's the craic with that?
HS, you'd be surprised how many of the powers that be at Casement are attached to the sinister inner circle you allude to. It has been said and a well established fact, for some positions in the county you have to be a member of 'the Knights'. McSp****n, M****y,O'****, G****, et al, to name but a few, are among the long established brothers.  It is also a prerequisite to becoming county Chairman. Truth has it, quite a number of our officials  partake in the goings on in such a sinister organisation, but many of them are only there as a means of attempting to build a holier than now reputation for themselves, following serious earlier misdemeanors.  I wouldn't worry about it at all though! - like child abusing priests, they will eventually be outed and exposed.

El Pato

That post is in serious bad taste and the insinuations on it are what get genuine posters on here a bad name, we could seriously do without this type of BS posting.

This is a gaa forum and that type of Sunday World crap has no place here.

What is sinister about the Knights? El Pato I think naming people on here is out of order while you yourself hide behind your alias