Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 22, 2012, 04:57:17 PM
Galls game not exactly Kilkenny style hurling but so competitive and enjoyable. Bit of a dispute over scoreline I would have like extra time!
Hardstation what was the run down at ur place?

I thought everyone had it down as a draw ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: BlackandAmber on April 22, 2012, 04:48:12 PM
youse do think everyones agin youse do'nt youse. I asked cos your uner 16s play ours this week I think. Youse usually have good juvenile teams and that minor score surprised me. I did'nt belittle anyone by the way. As for our seniors time will tell we'll mebbe be competin for a championship in a year or two again.
you know fine well b+a. Our minors are going through a tough time atm but like every other team they give it their all. can't ask for more than that. there's a good few lads on the minors that are going to be great assets to our club at senior level. But sure, if every minor championship winning team went on to win the senior title the johnnies would have 30 senior titles by now. you can't go by that.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Any updates in the dall v Dunloy  game?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 22, 2012, 05:07:02 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on April 22, 2012, 04:48:12 PM
youse do think everyones agin youse do'nt youse. I asked cos your uner 16s play ours this week I think. Youse usually have good juvenile teams and that minor score surprised me. I did'nt belittle anyone by the way. As for our seniors time will tell we'll mebbe be competin for a championship in a year or two again.
you know fine well b+a. Our minors are going through a tough time atm but like every other team they give it their all. can't ask for more than that. there's a good few lads on the minors that are going to be great assets to our club at senior level. But sure, if every minor championship winning team went on to win the senior title the johnnies would have 30 senior titles by now. you can't go by that.

I do'nt know what you think I know fine well. I do'nt know about your under 16s that's why I asked and I did'nt know about your minors that's why I was surprised. What you say about teams giving it their all I agree with they all cant be allstars. The best you can ask is they do there best.

the colonel

We won by 2-13 to 0-7 I think it was. Good tight game. Goals came at good times. A sending of for Dunloy (Powder I think the fella was called, verbal abuse to the ref, no one really sure about it or not) and Aidan McNaughton who was hurling well for us with two yellows in 2 minutes not long after the Dunloy red
the difference between success and failure is energy

oisinog

The Glenariffe galls game ruined a bit by the referee.

At least we are home with a point

btdtgtt

Talkin to couple hannahstown men so excuse the slant hardstation.

Lambs didn't get going 1st half but got goals in 2nd half?
Micko man of the match - Rossa still too reliant on few players.

I agree ref at milltown wasn't great but I think that is standard unfortunately. Bad decisions are one thing but the lack of any consistency is frustrating for both spectators and players.
Think draw fair enough in the end.

maxpower

Despite the scoreline the Dunloy Cushendall game was fairly competitive, moved to the Dall because Dunloys pitch was waterlogged the first half was keenly contested, dunloy missed a few goal chances and cushendall missed a penalty, but as the game wore on it became evident the Dall were much more clinical.
What happens next????

Jeepers Creepers

Galls v oisins, those who had pen and paper had oisins by  a point and those without had a draw. In fairness a difficult game to keep score as some easy frees were missed and you weren't sure what was given. Although both teams will be happy to share spoils. Very niggly affair and was close to getting outta hand at stages via handbags. Ref didn't do himself any favours with hop balls. At the same time some smashing long ranges scores from both and very intense hurling with no great flair.

oisinog

I biggest problem was the amount of yellow cards handed out. He lost control and decided to book everyone. He gave a yellow card for a hard sholder tackle.

The galls have an organised side Line for a team without a manager

Jeepers Creepers

New manager ratified midweek, FairPlay to him as no one else stepped up.

saffron89

glad i headed over to the game, was on ill bred hill with the true blues.  lot of home supporters felt the glens men  edged it on score sheet, however about the only thing they were happy with the ref about.  as a neutral thoroughly enjoyed it.  seemed to be alot of strange and certainly contested decisions.  also free nearly won it at the end.  Referee ended up doing umpire job as well due to neither umpires or linesmen seemingly able to rule against their own team.

felt stewart and tosh influence seem to be on the wane.

Milltown Row2

Well, as I thought the game was going to be tight, as for the scoreline draw not a draw, was a draw by me.

On that performance the league should go down to the wire, Sarsfields win again so are top. Gorts as i said have lost the plot with players not turning out for them.

For patches in the game we played decent hurling but should have created more scores, missed 4 easy frees, 2 straight in front of the posts.

Saff, Karl is injured and really should not have played, but played on, as for him being on the wane shows you know nothing about hurling.

Glenariffe traveled well for a change and caught us early with two goals that were sent in high and we didn't deal with, those are the breaks. Hugh could have sent off a right few players if truth be told but I'll not referee bash, these things have a way of evening out over the season.

The umpire for Glenariffe nearly won it for them at the end ;).

Carey on wed night so hopefully we don't have too many lads out injured from today.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

Quote from: maxpower on April 22, 2012, 06:19:10 PM
Despite the scoreline the Dunloy Cushendall game was fairly competitive, moved to the Dall because Dunloys pitch was waterlogged the first half was keenly contested, dunloy missed a few goal chances and cushendall missed a penalty, but as the game wore on it became evident the Dall were much more clinical.

Paddy Richmond always causes a fair bit of havoc when the ball goes in around the square but I thought we done well to smother him. There was the odd pushing and shoving match but no more than you would imagine.
the difference between success and failure is energy

manballandall

Hugh showed a lack of courage today IMO. How can you just book someone for deliberate striking?. Oisins lucky to finish with 15. Always guaranteed a game of hard hurling but today was just dirt, really surprised me. Someone could have been seriously hurt and referees need to be stronger and stamp this out quicker. Some good hurling from both teams but spoilt by the dirt.