Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: NAG1 on April 20, 2012, 10:38:09 AM
Not getting in speculating about whether they have left the panel or not but, IMHO BMcA was not of the standard the first time he was on the IC panel and i dont think the intervening years would have changed this, my personal opinion.

i dissagree about barney not up to it first time round back then we where playing kilkenny and the like and he held his corner well. this time round i dont know, seems to have lost a bit a pace but thats no shame it happens to the most of them. I dont whats going on with shorty in my view if hes gone its a big loss.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

NAG1

NAH feel free to disagree was only my opinion, mine was based too on his club form around that time, the move from corner back probably helped him though.

aontroim

Quote from: BlackandAmber on April 20, 2012, 11:12:36 AM
Predictions this weekend
Dunloy V Cushendall - If Dunloy win it could be close but Cushendall could win by 8/10 points. I'll go for Cushendall
Loughgeil V Ballycran - Loughgeil by as much as they want
St Johns V Ballygalget - ST Johns drew wth the Town & the Town beat Ballygalget so St Johns to win
Portaferry V Ballycastle - I'll go for the Town specialy if Hippy is back they  went down to Ballygalget and won last week.

I predict Dunloy v Cushendall is the only one of these games going ahead (can't predict a winner) - rest are off due to Down's relegation game v Kildare  ;)  Looks like Johnnies v Loughgiel has also been brought forward to Saturday so they get a game this weekend.  Will go for the shams in that one!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 20, 2012, 01:42:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2012, 11:00:37 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on April 20, 2012, 09:40:37 AM
Ok I can feels this debate coming to its natural conclusion - we all know where we stand.
MR2 I'm not sure playing in semi-finals constitutes success - like I said particularly when I was comparing it to the exploits of your own footballers. But I concluding with my point in brief:

"Single code clubs by definition can focus on one goal - they have a huge advantage over dual code clubs serving two masters and having split loyalties."

Thats the crux of the point I was making and like I said I dont think it can be argued with.

So turining to other matters - did anyone hear anything about Paul Shiels and Barney McAuley being axed from the county squad?

I would also conclude that it is only you that think this, any of the clubs that play hurling would want to be in our position with a chance of appearing in a final.

Would be impossible for any club in Ulster maybe even Ireland bar Cross to have as much success (currently) as our footballers domestically (I.E wining own county championships) , based on that success it's even more remarkable that we have done so well at the hurling, which I would deem as being successfull. Though I doubt winning them both would have you turned
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: aontroim on April 20, 2012, 03:10:14 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on April 20, 2012, 11:12:36 AM
Predictions this weekend
Dunloy V Cushendall - If Dunloy win it could be close but Cushendall could win by 8/10 points. I'll go for Cushendall
Loughgeil V Ballycran - Loughgeil by as much as they want
St Johns V Ballygalget - ST Johns drew wth the Town & the Town beat Ballygalget so St Johns to win
Portaferry V Ballycastle - I'll go for the Town specialy if Hippy is back they  went down to Ballygalget and won last week.

I predict Dunloy v Cushendall is the only one of these games going ahead (can't predict a winner) - rest are off due to Down's relegation game v Kildare  ;)  Looks like Johnnies v Loughgiel has also been brought forward to Saturday so they get a game this weekend.  Will go for the shams in that one!

Wicklow  ;)

We'll maybe get a fairer crack of the whip with a Meath referee than we did with Elliott and Duffy.

saffron89

Would like to know exact time of galls v glenariffe game on sunday, will head over 3.00pm ???????

if all the shite on the discussion board is to be believed Glensmen to take the points home with a little cushion of around 8 points to spare.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on April 21, 2012, 12:33:24 PM
Would like to know exact time of galls v glenariffe game on sunday, will head over 3.00pm ???????

if all the shite on the discussion board is to be believed Glensmen to take the points home with a little cushion of around 8 points to spare.

Probably win by more, we have a few players out with injury :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2012, 12:46:59 PM

Has anyone any passes for this match?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on April 21, 2012, 01:56:39 PM

Yes, it expires after 5!! Hopefully the changing rooms are open ;)

saffron89

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2012, 02:02:28 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 21, 2012, 01:56:39 PM

with injuries and general disorganisation / lack of training etc etc you will be lucky to field a team MR2.  your mouthing from the hill could be vital tomorrow, or will it be from the line. :P

Yes, it expires after 5!! Hopefully the changing rooms are open ;)

Milltown Row2

is the Johnnies Loughgiel matc still on at 5.30pm today?

saffron89

great game on the tv there Galway v Dublin.  My congratulations to the Tribesmen.

suggestions for the league format next year :

kilkenny, waterford, tipp, cork, Galway, Clare,  section A
Dublin, Wexford, Limerick, Antrim, Offlay, Laois Section B

top 3 in a into semis with winner B making up other semi. 

last in B player winners in league below that.

for other matches possibly 4th place in section A playing 2nd place B  for change of sections.  getting a little complex here!!! Just feel they need more than 5 league games and my suggestions would provide good hurling in league into end of April / May. 

Carlow made wait another year like the limerick lads.

Tell you what you could see alot worse.

Very harsh on Dublin, league too tight this year.  For the development of hurling i would go with my own suggestion there.  If it meant a few more league games at this time of year.  Super. that was close to championship pace out there today.

Seamroga in exile

St johns 1-14 Shamrocks 1-19.  good game, the johnnies  played well. we werent full strength.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 21, 2012, 07:04:58 PM
St johns 1-14 Shamrocks 1-19.  good game, the johnnies  played well. we werent full strength.

Played a bit half paced for my liking, St Johns would need to improve or face being relegated.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on April 21, 2012, 09:18:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2012, 09:16:44 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 21, 2012, 07:04:58 PM

Played a bit half paced for my liking, St Johns would need to improve or face being relegated.
Ach yer ballix. Johnnies did most of the hurling. They played rightly.

Seriously? The full back for the Johnnies was as slow as f**k, the full forward (used to play full back) was shite, the number 6 was the size of a house and bar Barry McFaul, St Johns were dung, Loughgiel only turned it on when they needed. Does Brian ever pass the ball? though he took some scores in fairness, his penalty was never going to be stopped.

The Jonty lads came on, cracking hurlers and injected a bitta pace into the game, cause before that I thought it was slow.