Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Look, we were very lucky to score the goals that won the match, Lucky breaks need to be taken and we were lucky to have the right men to pick them up.

We still haven't trained, so I don't think we will :o

A credit to both teams though in serving up a gutsy game. Plenty of flair on both sides and hard tackles throughout without any bitchiness. We are happy to pick up two points considering players missing and an away match out of the way. Glenariffe scored more than us so they are the team to beat.

Rossa have great potential and will take points off other teams, as noted there was some areas they didn't try and change, very difficult to fix things if you are missing players and the sub bench won't improve the team then it's about juggling players.

Aidso was allowed for nearly 45 minutes to win any puckout down his wing. I thought that was telling and the fullback line were in sixes and sevens, a young team Rossa and it is bound to kick in after a while.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Very impartial mr2 I think unlike to play down ur side - I think promotion should be a real target for galls.
Also Gallagher was first marked by a small guy as Rossa put kettle on Karl Stewart. Karl for me is unmarkable so kettle went on Gallagher but as u say this had little effect. So I agree maybe Rossa are juggling players to plug gaps - they won't get promoted if they need to do this.
Next up for me is the galls v oisins game - should be great and telling. Winners become odds on to go to division1.
Also I think a draw was a great result for the johnnies tonight.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on April 11, 2012, 11:32:28 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 11, 2012, 08:12:49 PM
St galls 5-9 rossa 1-11
I see they're giving the score as 5-08 to 1-12.

I marked the scores down and had the same as you!

I marked the scores also as that?? Owen may have refereed well, but clearly can't count!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 11, 2012, 11:34:04 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 11, 2012, 11:32:28 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 11, 2012, 08:12:49 PM
St galls 5-9 rossa 1-11
I see they're giving the score as 5-08 to 1-12.

I marked the scores down and had the same as you!

I marked the scores also as that?? Owen may have refereed well, but clearly can't count!!!

We got the points off the Cran's last night, how I don't know as we didn't do a whole pile of hurling over the hour. The Crans aided with a stiff breeze had us all over the place, but hit some terrible wides, six in a row I counted with another few bouncing harmlessly wide and a great save by Graham, kept us in contention. Our first foray up the field got us a goal and not long after we got another. I think the score then was 2-1 to 7 points. I think we went in at half time a point up 2-4 to 0-9.
The second half was a bit better in terms of open hurling but scores were at a premium. Ballycran panicked a bit IMO and whilst three or four points down for most of the half went for goals a bit early. If they taken the easy free and pointed it they'd probably have done better.

I think we've Ballycastle at home this Sunday. If we can move them around a bit, we may get scores as this is another must win game for us, but we'd need to improve in first touch, striking and sharpness of thought as well as feet to do that.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 11, 2012, 05:17:25 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on April 11, 2012, 03:35:28 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 08, 2012, 07:56:59 PM
Well, there were the two dirty slaps off the ball on ding which went unpunished, but fair play to him he got his own back. Then there was the knee in the back on Jimmy Campbell. Then there was the full on chest charge on winker. There were several more decisions he missed on both sides. As whacker said, he was out of depth.

As for the umpire it appeared to me that he laid hands on dd first. And knowing the individual Like I do, he ain't no shrinking violet.

Not that i want to start this again cuz i was'nt at the game but that's a different opionon from the one you had in September.  ???
But you brought it up again anyway.   ::)

You must've very little to do with your time.  For the record, I also stated that both sides were slapping in that game. Have you not got over that one yet?

What I brung up was the different views you seem to have dependant on whose slapping  ;)  we're likley all the same. Not too many see wrong from there own.

Ballycaste missing Hippy Matty Pinky KB McShane Stephen McGarry G Laverty last night. Didn't get to it and got told we still have last years problems in midfield and half forward line. But if we get some of them back we might be OK

the colonel

Quote from: BlackandAmber on April 12, 2012, 09:46:59 AM
Well, there were the two dirty slaps off the ball on ding which went unpunished, but fair play to him he got his own back. Then there was the knee in the back on Jimmy Campbell. Then there was the full on chest charge on winker. There were several more decisions he missed on both sides. As whacker said, he was out of depth.

As for the umpire it appeared to me that he laid hands on dd first. And knowing the individual Like I do, he ain't no shrinking violet.

Not that i want to start this again cuz i was'nt at the game but that's a different opionon from the one you had in September.  ???

You must've very little to do with your time.  For the record, I also stated that both sides were slapping in that game. Have you not got over that one yet?

What I brung up was the different views you seem to have dependant on whose slapping  ;)  we're likley all the same. Not too many see wrong from there own.

Ballycaste missing Hippy Matty Pinky KB McShane Stephen McGarry G Laverty last night. Didn't get to it and got told we still have last years problems in midfield and half forward line. But if we get some of them back we might be OK

Did Ciaran Clarke and Shane Jennings play?
the difference between success and failure is energy

pullhard

Quote from: the colonel on April 12, 2012, 09:48:38 AM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on April 12, 2012, 09:46:59 AM

Did Ciaran Clarke and Shane Jennings play?

What was the final score? Are maybin cossie still ticking over for the town?

BlackandAmber

Score was 1-10 each

Clarke played dont know how he done. Jennings came on as a late sub. Cossie still there.

NAG1

Hopefully the town can hold onto them for the year, they have been missing a couple of quality forwards for the past ten years or so. Would be an interesting proposition to see them at full strength.

johnneycool

Quote from: BlackandAmber on April 12, 2012, 10:32:40 AM
Score was 1-10 each

Clarke played dont know how he done. Jennings came on as a late sub. Cossie still there.

Pinky is getting on in years and injuries have never been kind to him. I think he played against us in the reserves up there last year and wasn't too fit then. Cossie is no spring chicken either.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: johnneycool on April 12, 2012, 11:46:51 AM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on April 12, 2012, 10:32:40 AM
Score was 1-10 each

Pinky is getting on in years and injuries have never been kind to him. I think he played against us in the reserves up there last year and wasn't too fit then. Cossie is no spring chicken either.

True Pinky and Cossie no spring chickens but them and Clarke and Jennings with some games and 2 other young boys McAfee and McLister be a handful for a lot of defenses. Plus Chris Boyle is dependable and dose'nt have to many bad games and Stephen McGarry if he could get fit. If the Town could get everybody fit they could compete with most teams. in Antrim league anyway.

1 more thing have'nt heard lately but there was talk of Peter Dallat being back too, that would give us a pretty decent set of forwards.

NAG1

BlackandAmber

Think that's more to be sad about, that you have that quality of player within your club and still haven't had a result of note in the past number of years.

saffronog

Was at the town johnnies game, both would need to lift their game.  However town missing quite a few.  Reckon they are only team at present that could realistically challenge the big 3.  Thought oisins would have done it about 4 years ago but they have slipped.  Still unsure of dunloy potential, underage they have been well below power for good few years.  Will try and attend galls and oisins game, already looks like league decider, more importantly could be a belter.  Needs good ref, but they're likely to get Elliot.

ManInBlackandGreen

Jesus reading this website since Sunday you'd think we had no good refs in the county, you obviously have an issue with Owen saffronog?

oisinog

Mr2 may confirm this but I think the game is off on Sunday.