Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Buswhacker on April 08, 2012, 05:40:02 PM
7 points away. Referee out of his depth,did neither team any favours.

Aye seven points consider the training Loughgiel have done. Not bad
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

To be fair MR2, Dunloy have been training for a wee while themselves. We haven't trained since the All-Ireland. But anyway, we're happy enough with that result today as we knew they'd be up for it.  Terrible conditions at the end of the match as well.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 08, 2012, 05:56:04 PM
To be fair MR2, Dunloy have been training for a wee while themselves. We haven't trained since the All-Ireland. But anyway, we're happy enough with that result today as we knew they'd be up for it.  Terrible conditions at the end of the match as well.

Training for the start of the league and training for an All Ireland final SIE would be 2 totally different things, that's just my amateur opinion of course ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

And before I forget, fair play to Dunloy for the guard of honour.

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2012, 06:13:24 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 08, 2012, 05:56:04 PM

Training for the start of the league and training for an All Ireland final SIE would be 2 totally different things, that's just my amateur opinion of course ;)
Dunloy showed plenty of grit but losing shorty to injury half way through the 2nd half let L'giel pull away. Short of options on the bench meant they were on the back foot for the rest of the game. Kevin Molloy gave Watson very little. Allistair Elliott's young fella came on in the 2nd half, looks to have potential but still young yet.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2012, 05:44:38 PM
Quote from: Buswhacker on April 08, 2012, 05:40:02 PM
7 points away. Referee out of his depth,did neither team any favours.

Aye seven points consider the training Loughgiel have done. Not bad

dunloy side of things he instead

Eamon hasson gave louhgeil everything. disgusted by him. how much did louhgeil score from play. first goal was a play on with a shcimozzel up the Field after shorty got struck off the ball that's why he had to come off. a real cowardly pull. DD should have walked for assaulting an umpire. a dunloy man who volunteered who is just a after a cruciate operation. I thought that was straight red stuff he drive him  in to side netting. dunloy where in front but loughgeil fitness told in the end. a more accurate reflection would have been 1 of 2 win. well done Eamon hasson
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Last Man on April 08, 2012, 10:23:41 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 08, 2012, 09:25:12 AM
Quote from: Last Man on April 08, 2012, 09:10:37 AM
Excuses from a neutral?? Just thinking maybe not worththe money in.
No harm meant, it was supposed to be humorous.  Btw,  It's always worth the money.  :)
Aye, will probably go anyway.

6 players, normal starters down. happy enough, would liked to have seen the result with some neutral officiating

Buswhacker

Loughgiel would have liked to see some decent refereeing as well.The man hadn't a clue, completely out of his depth.
Still a nice wee run out for the All Ireland champions who looked a bit out of touch,still no surprise there after the last few weeks they were due a bad game.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Buswhacker on April 08, 2012, 07:27:47 PM
Loughgiel would have liked to see some decent refereeing as well.The man hadn't a clue, completely out of his depth.
Still a nice wee run out for the All Ireland champions who looked a bit out of touch,still no surprise there after the last few weeks they were due a bad game.

tell me what a he did for dunloy. the man ruined a good match in loughgeils favour. without  his help my feeling is louhgeil would have snicked it by a point due to Superior fitness. Can someone here please answer me is assaulting an umpire a str8 red or not. as for taking shorty out he didn't see it so fair enough but turning your back on the incident when it flared and playing on till a goal is scored is a joke with a free for all happening up the field. if hes doesn't have the conviction to give calls against the home side then he shouldn't be doing this. well done to loughgeil anyway. only two people came out of the match with no credit. the man who was supposed to be refereeing and the player that struck shorty. we will leave DD out of it as this is the first time Ive seen this from him.

Seamroga in exile

Well, there were the two dirty slaps off the ball on ding which went unpunished, but fair play to him he got his own back. Then there was the knee in the back on Jimmy Campbell. Then there was the full on chest charge on winker. There were several more decisions he missed on both sides. As whacker said, he was out of depth.

As for the umpire it appeared to me that he laid hands on dd first. And knowing the individual Like I do, he ain't no shrinking violet.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 08, 2012, 07:56:59 PM
Well, there were the two dirty slaps off the ball on ding which went unpunished, but fair play to him he got his own back. Then there was the knee in the back on Jimmy Campbell. Then there was the full on chest charge on winker. There were several more decisions he missed on both sides. As whacker said, he was out of depth.

As for the umpire it appeared to me that he laid hands on dd first. And knowing the individual Like I do, he ain't no shrinking violet.

are  you deluded or what. he gave dunloy a point and he was attacked. don't come on here and try and defend the indefensible by telling blatant untruths. skinny got a front chest charge and noting was done. at least he didn't hit the ball away. did JC get a knee on the back i wish that's all shorty got ( i suppose you going to bring his character into question to).  your letting yourself down here by trying to justify some dirty play and a dodgy ref by telling lies WISE UP

NAG1

Why is anyone suprised by this, he has made a career of exactly that type of cowardly slap, dont think there is anything to be shocked by there.

Seamroga in exile

The assessment I gave is much more evenly balanced than your own. Coming on here claiming Dunloy were all sweetness and light. Both teams got away with things they shouldn't have. I think you're the one that needs to grow up.

Last Man

:o Jesus SIE you dont half let your self down at times. DD very lucky not to get red and 3months at best but agreed its not like him to lose control like that. As for Ding dont even go there, his previous is well known, i thought Nelson had got him to wise up but as they say about leopards........................Loughgiel deserved winners though, the stronger team but not by as much as we thought.

Seamroga in exile

Ffs, unbelievable. Take your beating and move on.

I'm off for a celebratory drink and to watch the Masters. Happy Easter all.