Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

Maninblackandgreen you basically just proved my point. Hasson didn't slap a player or attack an umpire, but in the game a Dunloy player was struck with a hurl off the ball and another player attacked the umpire. Hasson was the ref and nothing was done about either incident. Players should be scrutinized for their actions, BY THE REFEREE!!!

ManInBlackandGreen

So JJ what your saying is the Referee is responsible for the behaviour of players, managers, selectors water carriers, stick holders, and c**k heads in the crowd, in a voluntary role and christ all for 35p a mile! And then if someone wants to have a go at him, he gets screwed by all, like Ray Matthews, sure fill ure boots!

Last Man

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on April 09, 2012, 03:59:09 PM
So JJ what your saying is the Referee is responsible for the behaviour of players, managers, selectors water carriers, stick holders, and c**k heads in the crowd, in a voluntary role and christ all for 35p a mile! And then if someone wants to have a go at him, he gets screwed by all, like Ray Matthews, sure fill ure boots!
Agreed MIBAG, thankless task. too many people are abdicating responsibility for their own behaviour. Its hard enough getting coaches in clubs but referees????

Jesusjones

Maninblackandgreen you have picked me up wrong, no one is responsible for the actions of the players however when a player does something wrong the referee should do something about it. This didn't happen yesterday.

Buswhacker

jesus jones........anybody but the shamrocks eh!!

Jesusjones

Rough up an umpire, whats next? Throw the linesman over the fence if he makes a call you don't agree with?

Buswhacker

There's no team perfect and when the blood is up things can happen.I could give you a list of disgraceful conduct from most teams in Antrim.Yesterday was no worse,maybe not as bad as some dirt I could remind you of down through the years.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 09, 2012, 11:37:45 AM
Quote from: maxpower on April 09, 2012, 11:09:26 AM
Aye leave EH alone, like a few players has probably had better games but still one of the top referee's in Antrim/Ulster, may have gotten caught up in Loughgiels big celebration!

Have to bite at the remark Dunloy is dying, it's exactly that type of comment that has the rest of North Antrim labelling you as bad winners, success alone is not enough!  Indeed from the performance yesterday I'd say dunloy have the potential to go very close, alot more improvement in them.

Thought it was a hard, manly game with Kevin McQuillan asking plenty of questions of JC and Eddie McCloskey the driving force for Loughgiel.  Didn't see the slap on shorty but was unfortunate as it would have been a boost to have brought Paddy Richmond into the forward line with shorty.
I've been saying this for some time now max. I don't believe Dunloy are anywhere near as poor as others have been saying on here. On their day they're capable of beating anyone in the county. The only thing I'd say is that I don't think they have the depth in squad as they would have had a few years back. This could be their downfall this year if injuries mount up.

I would agree with this. In my view Dunloy are a team who have potential to do something yet. Ok that didn't happen last year but there's enough hurling about them that they can challenge the "big boys". I'd still have them as top 3 in the county with 4th a good bit behind.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Jesusjones on April 09, 2012, 08:10:19 PM
Rough up an umpire, whats next? Throw the linesman over the fence if he makes a call you don't agree with?

I dont know about throwing the linesman over the fence, but i remember herbie getting clocked for his efforts to report a off the ball strike not so long ago.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on April 09, 2012, 08:10:19 PM
Wasn't there something went down in cdall last year??  Enough said
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Buswhacker

sleeping giant...........There was indeed.

wino

Look at the facts: Loughgiel as a team haven't got together since Paddy's day, apart from in the club, macs or the pound, where there have been real marathon sessions going on. Dunloy have been training since January and would have been really up for the game to try and beat the AI champs. Dunloy hit the ground running and took the game to Loughgiel.  Loughgiel took most of the 1st half to get into the game but when they did, Dunloy had no answer to them. 
As for the slaps. Shorty, if you try and dish it out, you really should expect to get it back. Umpires, give respect, get respect (don't cheat and show everyone what your true character really is) and don't expect much sympathy for the cruciate operation.  As for suggesting that PG has to hide behind anyone, you really don't know him.
NAG1, you've made a career out of trying to cheat LG wherever you could in whatever committee you've been in.
Tony Baloney, and North Antrim hound it's really hard to hide your jealously towards
Loughgiel.  In fact NAH I checked your posts out, a big majority aimed at LG bashing. Go and support your own team, if their worth supporting.

On another note, what about the talk of Antrim club hurling is so poor for the last couple of years, that's why LG are winning championships. Doesn't say much for the rest of Ireland then ;D

tom moore83

Wino. At last common sense has prevailed. Every word you have said is true.
One other thing  JEALOUSY

Loughgiel ALL IRELAND CHAMPIONS AGAIN

Until other clubs get their own ship in order and get over what Loughgiel have done, and were capable of doing, then I see no change. Deserved champions and they and their club are worthy Antrim, Ulster and All Ireland Champions.

It up to everyone else to get upto their standard. Only one thing this Loughgiel team want. MORE SUCCESS AND MORE TROPHIES

Good luck to them

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: wino on April 09, 2012, 11:18:10 PM
Look at the facts: Loughgiel as a team haven't got together since Paddy's day, apart from in the club, macs or the pound, where there have been real marathon sessions going on. Dunloy have been training since January and would have been really up for the game to try and beat the AI champs. Dunloy hit the ground running and took the game to Loughgiel.  Loughgiel took most of the 1st half to get into the game but when they did, Dunloy had no answer to them. 
As for the slaps. Shorty, if you try and dish it out, you really should expect to get it back. Umpires, give respect, get respect (don't cheat and show everyone what your true character really is) and don't expect much sympathy for the cruciate operation.  As for suggesting that PG has to hide behind anyone, you really don't know him.
NAG1, you've made a career out of trying to cheat LG wherever you could in whatever committee you've been in.
Tony Baloney, and North Antrim hound it's really hard to hide your jealously towards
Loughgiel.  In fact NAH I checked your posts out, a big majority aimed at LG bashing. Go and support your own team, if their worth supporting.

On another note, what about the talk of Antrim club hurling is so poor for the last couple of years, that's why LG are winning championships. Doesn't say much for the rest of Ireland then ;D

where to start with dribble here goes

if you where not so selective on quoting my post you would have observed i stated the loughgeil would have won the game anyway. as such we will never know as the decisions where quite baffling in your favour( there have been neutrals on here confirming this). as for dunloy training and loughgeil not fair enough. so the winter training program for the all ireland campaign is completely negated but some drinking(what a joke) some of your best players have trained with the county and got a hard game last week. let me adjust the last bit for you when PG as you called him pulled a real dirty stroke off the ball(don't try and drag shorty down to his level because PG credentials are well known in antrim regardless of your blinkered analysis) it took one of our best players out of the game.

the umpire was asked to do a job and he agreed. lets say it was wide I would suggest this has happened before and the events that followed never happened before since i remember.stop deflecting to the umpire when he was assaulted in full view of the ref and nothing was done about it. the fact you haven't mentioned the goal keepers actions says more about yourself than my post on it.

as for jealousy for loughgeil you will have take me at my word nothing could be further from the truth. well done to them on there recent success but ill never be jealous. don't care if you win ten all irelands and we go down to division 4. I'm dunloy through and through. I do support my own team and Will defend them on here when you guys are doing a bit a bashing or your own. as for the are they worth supporting yes they are because in my eyes they have carried themselves with a bit more class than others( your first post ranting would back this up) I would like to think if a dunloy player in the future pulls of a dirty stroke like i seen on sunday then i will divert my BASHING towards my own team. Instead of deflecting to the assaulted player,umpire and trawling through someones previous post. what a pathetic first post. this is a public forum and bar intervention from the moderator i will be airing my views on here, weather a makes you approval of not is of no particular intrest to me
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

tom moore83

north ant hound

ffs wise up an grow up...the umpire cheated. End of and forget about previous. Ask your sub P Richmond. Blatant cheating,

As for supporting your team you are 100% right and do so forever

It was a tough game for both teams. Both teams and managers enjoyed it. Probably one of the few league games that will be competitive this year. This is the type of games that both clubs want

Gt over yourself