Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Last Man on April 08, 2012, 08:17:47 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 08, 2012, 07:56:59 PM
Well, there were the two dirty slaps off the ball on ding which went unpunished, but fair play to him he got his own back. Then there was the knee in the back on Jimmy Campbell. Then there was the full on chest charge on winker. There were several more decisions he missed on both sides. As whacker said, he was out of depth.

As for the umpire it appeared to me that he laid hands on dd first. And knowing the individual Like I do, he ain't no shrinking violet.

:o Jesus SIE you dont half let your self down at times. DD very lucky not to get red and 3months at best but agreed its not like him to lose control like that. As for Ding dont even go there, his previous is well known, i thought Nelson had got him to wise up but as they say about leopards........................Loughgiel deserved winners though, the stronger team but not by as much as we thought.

no doubt he is one horrible child,but theres a man there to protect players from these animals, if he is not acting then tools like him get worse

SIE the caveman is coming out in you now
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Buswhacker

north antrim bound............yez were bate,get a grip and move on.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Buswhacker on April 08, 2012, 09:25:35 PM
north antrim bound............yez were bate,get a grip and move on.

do you mean beat (bate ? ) yeah i know i was there. next time you see eamon buy him a pint
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Buswhacker

saffron89

is chris o'connell released from the county panel, dd no 1 and mctoal no2.  suppose jerry would like his sub keeper to be getting some regular hurling

Sleeping giant

Loads of hard men behind user names on this bull shit slabber forum, who's got the biggest make believe dick!!    Dunloy is dying, so sad!!  Move on
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jesusjones

I was at the Loughgiel V Dunloy match, there were a few poor tackles from both teams but in fairness to Dunloy at least there was a ball in the general area when any of their bad tackles happened. These things happen but no excuse for what happened to Shorty. The DD incident was a bit of handbags but I was surprised to see him lose his cool. Thought Loughgiel were flattered by the final score, Hassan gave them plenty of handy frees and play should have been blown up before their first goal and before any of the Shamrock supporters start crying this is an honest assessment from a neutral. As far as our game with Portaferry goes, an easy win without getting out of second gear, Portaferry have gone back badly and on this showing they'll be lucky to avoid the drop.

ManInBlackandGreen

FFS lads, the first match of the season and ure on the referee's case! Catch a Fkn grip will use. If he had have blown every free you'd be bitchin, out of his depth (What the Fck would use know), as usual this is always the problem with Antrim Hurling, let the game go players then take advantage of this and the consequences then prevail! proves the old point again, you cant let a game go in Antrim because they don't know how to play it! Plain and simple, take up a whistle and do your fckn selves, coming on here as usual and lambasting a lad out 3-5 times a week from his family that is more committed to the game than most of use ball-less bllks on here! Looks like Elliot and Duffy where right to pass on the game, use can all get on their cases no doubt as the season progresses!

Jesusjones

Maninblackandgreen were you at the game? Should referees be defended regardless of their performance?

Jesusjones

And just to point out, I watched 3 matches yesterday and the referee was only poor in one of them.

ManInBlackandGreen

Should players JJ? Did hasson slap anybody? Push an Umpire etc etc, call anybody an Fn this or that? and Yes I was there, didn't have time to watch 3 though, left the Tardice at home, and didn't feel like giving FQ the extra cash for his holidays! So in essence that allows you and others to basically rip him apart, when most of you couldn't even pass a rules test, let alone implement them in game :P Get a life FFS

maxpower

Aye leave EH alone, like a few players has probably had better games but still one of the top referee's in Antrim/Ulster, may have gotten caught up in Loughgiels big celebration!

Have to bite at the remark Dunloy is dying, it's exactly that type of comment that has the rest of North Antrim labelling you as bad winners, success alone is not enough!  Indeed from the performance yesterday I'd say dunloy have the potential to go very close, alot more improvement in them.

Thought it was a hard, manly game with Kevin McQuillan asking plenty of questions of JC and Eddie McCloskey the driving force for Loughgiel.  Didn't see the slap on shorty but was unfortunate as it would have been a boost to have brought Paddy Richmond into the forward line with shorty.
What happens next????

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: maxpower on April 09, 2012, 11:09:26 AM
Aye leave EH alone, like a few players has probably had better games but still one of the top referee's in Antrim/Ulster, may have gotten caught up in Loughgiels big celebration!

Have to bite at the remark Dunloy is dying, it's exactly that type of comment that has the rest of North Antrim labelling you as bad winners, success alone is not enough!  Indeed from the performance yesterday I'd say dunloy have the potential to go very close, alot more improvement in them.

Thought it was a hard, manly game with Kevin McQuillan asking plenty of questions of JC and Eddie McCloskey the driving force for Loughgiel.  Didn't see the slap on shorty but was unfortunate as it would have been a boost to have brought Paddy Richmond into the forward line with shorty.
I've been saying this for some time now max. I don't believe Dunloy are anywhere near as poor as others have been saying on here. On their day they're capable of beating anyone in the county. The only thing I'd say is that I don't think they have the depth in squad as they would have had a few years back. This could be their downfall this year if injuries mount up.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 09, 2012, 01:49:12 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 08, 2012, 08:11:39 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 08, 2012, 07:56:59 PM
Well, there were the two dirty slaps off the ball on ding which went unpunished, but fair play to him he got his own back. Then there was the knee in the back on Jimmy Campbell. Then there was the full on chest charge on winker. There were several more decisions he missed on both sides. As whacker said, he was out of depth.

As for the umpire it appeared to me that he laid hands on dd first. And knowing the individual Like I do, he ain't no shrinking violet.

Why is anyone suprised by this, he has made a career of exactly that type of cowardly slap, dont think there is anything to be shocked by there.
Some hard man. Had a wee run in with him yeara ago and he's no different now. Gives it bigguns til he has to put himself on the line and no teammates to to take over. Phoney hard man.

;D You're a bitter man Tony

Buswhacker

Man in Black and Green........I agree with you that referees get far too much abuse. As you can see from posts on yesterday's match,both sides thought they were ill done to.The man wasn't perfect but then he's only human.I wouldn't take on refereeing a game for love or money,and I suspect neither would any of "the referees on the ditch".
Many years ago I  talked to an retired ref. who had officiated at county level,I think he refereed an All-Ireland football semi-final in the Fifties.He said he got more abuse from nutters at low level games in the bogs of his own county than he did in Croke Park among star players.