Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: Buswhacker on April 03, 2012, 09:47:59 AM
These forums are more bother than they're worth,a lot of amateur opinions and then the usual animosity starts creeping in.

Who knows what that really means or who it's being directed it toward?

You're not great at being specific are you. Those questions posed to you yesterday will never get answered

+1 HS
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Shamrockman

Can we just rewind a bit and establish at what point anyone from Loughgiel asked for any special treatment?? Im pretty sure that when the 4-5 Loughgiel lads went up to training on Tuesday past they didnt expect anything other than to get on with there hurling and be treated the same as everyone else.  Now i know DOK is a hurling man and Dunloy man through and through. But when he takes a position as a county selector he must afford the same treatment to each individual no matter which club they are from. Now I am not referring to any incident in casement bar as I dont know the facts surrounding that. But out on the field he must show a sense of unity within the squad so that everyone can unite as a team and show no signs of divisions in the team.  As i said before i wasnt at the game at the weekend but from conversations ive had with people who were at the game (not just Loughgiel people) the general opinion was that there were certain individuals who would not pass the ball to Loughgiel players.  Now if that is the case then its simply not good enough!! Is there any truth in this? For the sake of antrim I hope that club issues can be put aside while wearing the county jersey!

NAG1

Quote from: Shamrockman on April 03, 2012, 10:03:55 AM
Can we just rewind a bit and establish at what point anyone from Loughgiel asked for any special treatment?? Im pretty sure that when the 4-5 Loughgiel lads went up to training on Tuesday past they didnt expect anything other than to get on with there hurling and be treated the same as everyone else.  Now i know DOK is a hurling man and Dunloy man through and through. But when he takes a position as a county selector he must afford the same treatment to each individual no matter which club they are from. Now I am not referring to any incident in casement bar as I dont know the facts surrounding that. But out on the field he must show a sense of unity within the squad so that everyone can unite as a team and show no signs of divisions in the team.  As i said before i wasnt at the game at the weekend but from conversations ive had with people who were at the game (not just Loughgiel people) the general opinion was that there were certain individuals who would not pass the ball to Loughgiel players.  Now if that is the case then its simply not good enough!! Is there any truth in this? For the sake of antrim I hope that club issues can be put aside while wearing the county jersey!

First the boys dont get the red carpet at training
second a selector blanks one of them in the bar
third the other boys dont want to pass the ball to them

Jesus wept

btdtgtt

Yip, sorry Loughiel boys but HardStation has summed this all up - embarrassing.
Dunno if this sounds worse for ye or your players but please just leave it in the Pound.

Shamrockman

Quote from: NAG1 on April 03, 2012, 10:08:41 AM

Jesus wept

Are you reading my passage?? Nobody has asked for red carpet treatment... And I am not interested in what went on in casement bar...
But I was told by a person from Carey and a person from creggan who were at the game that cushendall players would not pass to Loughgiel players on the field..All i was asking is if anyone could confirm this or were these two seperate individuals seeing something different???

NAG1

Its just the latest claim in a series of ridiculous claims from yourself and your club mates on here.

The boys werent asking for it yet when it did or didnt happen, posters are on here bitching about it? Cant have it both ways.

Minder

The "not passing the ball claim" is ridiculous, but is in keeping with some of the other stuff.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shamrockman

Quote from: Minder on April 03, 2012, 10:22:07 AM
The "not passing the ball claim" is ridiculous, but is in keeping with some of the other stuff.

OK I'll take ur word for it but i was only following up on two reports I got from independant sources.  But if you say its untrue then thats good for antrim! Because we'd be going nowhere with an attitude like that!

Shamrockman

Quote from: groundlie on April 03, 2012, 10:24:15 AM
I heard that Winker offered Dick O'Kane a dance off in Casement bar, Dick nodded his head in agreement and without speaking left to get his favorite dancing shoes. On Dicks return to Casement Winker had left claiming Dick had blanked him. For god sake Winker the man was only going to get his dancing shoes! The funny thing is if the proposed dance off had taken place we wouldnt be talking about all this today!

LOL. Is this a reliable source? I think im going to go with this story!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Minder on April 03, 2012, 10:22:07 AM
They have a point though Minder...how many times did DD receive a pass?

DearyMe

The 'not passing the ball' is very evident in football!!! - Go to games and watch, see for yourself, providing of course you can read a game.

If what is being said is true - its all a management issue, fact.  Its up to Jerry to sort it, end of!

Some ridiculous comments alright on here! :o
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Shamrockman

I know it sounds petty but in all honesty im not nit picking on a club level, im saying as an antrim man i hope that club differences can be put aside for the betterment of antrim hurling.  Theres nothing I want more than to see antrim striving towards an all ireland quarter final and hopefully a semi final which if everyone was firing on all cylinders could be a realistic goal! Id also love to see come the end of the year 2-3 antrim hurlers in the position to be all star nominees! Also something that is not beyond the realms! But based on the current standing this seems a million miles away but I think the players are there to make a bit of inroads this year if they can really drive on and pull together!

Shamrockman

Quote from: groundlie on April 03, 2012, 10:32:56 AM
I heard that Jerry was running about trying to speak with a thick loughgeil ulster scots accent trying to mock the loughgeil boys. Not on!

First one was funny but dont be thinking ur on a roll now..lol

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Shamrockman on April 03, 2012, 10:13:47 AM

Jesus wept

Are you reading my passage?? Nobody has asked for red carpet treatment... And I am not interested in what went on in casement bar...
But I was told by a person from Carey and a person from creggan who were at the game that cushendall players would not pass to Loughgiel players on the field..All i was asking is if anyone could confirm this or were these two seperate individuals seeing something different???

this is a total nonense shamrock, eddy scored two points, one was form a puk out won from dd but the second was a pass from micko i think out to the wings where he he was standing in space. joey and barney didnt get get into the game at all thats nobody elses fault. DD played a blinder its good to have him back.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Shamrockman

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 03, 2012, 11:34:23 AM
Quote from: Shamrockman on April 03, 2012, 10:13:47 AM

Jesus wept

this is a total nonense shamrock, eddy scored two points, one was form a puk out won from dd but the second was a pass from micko i think out to the wings where he he was standing in space. joey and barney didnt get get into the game at all thats nobody elses fault. DD played a blinder its good to have him back.

OK thats fine, as i said i only wanted to raise the issue as it was pointed out to me by two people who were at the game. I wasnt at it so i cant judge for myself. As per the replies on here it must have been false info i received so i can drop the issue.  I heard DD played very well and also confirmed in Irish news so fair play to him.  I enquired about how the Loughgiel contingent played and was told DD was very good, Eddie was in and out of it and that things improved a little when Barney and Joey came in. But it was a Loughgiel person told me that so maybe biased..

So where do we go now? Seems very doom and gloom at the moment.