Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Shamrockman on April 02, 2012, 10:19:51 PM
Didnt make it to game on sunday either, was hoping to get up but didnt work out. So how bad was it? Did anyone come away with any dignity? How did Barney play? I see he came on in the paper..

we where struggling in midfield, took shorty off and put Karl in at FF. brought on MC fall and barney. MC fall made in impact but barney wasn't involved much seems to have lost a bit or pace. I don't know about dignity but Shane worked his guts out, MC manus to busy putting out fires to have any impact on the scoreboard. Hippy pulled a hamstring. on the plus side young gettins looks like a prospect and if MC Fall would just go up a gear he has all the tools.Overall we looked to small to trouble them in the physical stakes(big lads) and under pressure shooting to many wides of even worse hitting useless ball in to the forwards. I think we dropped six balls into there keepers hand to. wrong options all over the place

SIE if dick snubbed Watson don't assume right away its because he has a all ireland medal. More likely its because if he could be there to show the Tommy Moore, why not come to training last week and line out with DD and co. would you please cut out this dribble about everyone eyeballing because off your recent success. your doing your club a disservice here
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

tom moore83

Watson was definitely snubbed and he wasn't drunk at all...in fact this is a total bullshit lie. SIE I totally agree with your comments. Its about time we all pulled together and if this shit is happening then it must be stamped out or Antrim are wasting their time.

On the hurling front this was rubbish...and I mean rubbish. Only DD, Shane and to a lesser extent Eddie an Graffin showed anything. McManus needs to grow up and become a team player and not a petulant child...and some of the other lads need to wake up and smell the roses and start putting in a shift or two.

Obviously need Watson back and possible one or two others from Loughgiel and the likes of Donal Natty, Michael armstrong, young mcguiness from rossa and others.

Finally shorty you should watch what ye say in the press....it has an awful habit of coming back to bite

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on April 02, 2012, 11:15:41 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 02, 2012, 11:00:54 PM
On the contrary, I was asked to post it. He wanted it out there. If he didn't, I wouldn't have.

Begs the question....why didn't you tell him to tell the tale himself if he wanted it told?
Because he isn't a member of this board and has no desire in becoming one. Like a few people I know he reads the board to keep up with what's going on in other counties and clubs, knowledge is power and all that, but doesn't post. I did this myself for a good couple of years before I joined.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 03, 2012, 12:12:50 AM
Quote from: Shamrockman on April 02, 2012, 10:19:51 PM
Didnt make it to game on sunday either, was hoping to get up but didnt work out. So how bad was it? Did anyone come away with any dignity? How did Barney play? I see he came on in the paper..

we where struggling in midfield, took shorty off and put Karl in at FF. brought on MC fall and barney. MC fall made in impact but barney wasn't involved much seems to have lost a bit or pace. I don't know about dignity but Shane worked his guts out, MC manus to busy putting out fires to have any impact on the scoreboard. Hippy pulled a hamstring. on the plus side young gettins looks like a prospect and if MC Fall would just go up a gear he has all the tools.Overall we looked to small to trouble them in the physical stakes(big lads) and under pressure shooting to many wides of even worse hitting useless ball in to the forwards. I think we dropped six balls into there keepers hand to. wrong options all over the place

SIE if dick snubbed Watson don't assume right away its because he has a all ireland medal. More likely its because if he could be there to show the Tommy Moore, why not come to training last week and line out with DD and co. would you please cut out this dribble about everyone eyeballing because off your recent success. your doing your club a disservice here
Watson asked Wallace if it was ok to take an extra week off, the manager had no problem with this. It's in an interview with Wallace on the Antrim page of the hoganstand. It's no one else's call to make or judge. And as for eyeballing, it certainly happened in the Antrim training. Maybe those who were eyeballing should grow up because they aren't doing their county and respective clubs any great service either. To suggest it isn't happening is at best naive.

theskull1

I repeat...REGARDLESS of there being any truth in what your saying you are a big bitching woman  for bringing such stories (one sided perspectives dressed as black and white truths ) out into the open in a public forum.

That's how these things get out of hand when one side wants to pump out certain 'truths' whilst conveniently neglecting to mention others. YOU are fanning the flames SIE and making the situation more difficult to address (if it does need addressing). I'm sure GW is happy to know he's got someone in his panel reporting all the goings on inside the camp.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

The fact you keep personality insulting me makes your POV less relevant to me. Then again you do tend to revert to this method of put down. And you know what people say about those who stoop to those depths.

JamesH

Sie, if Watson was so keen on you informing the masses on this snub by Dick why why did he remove his drunken facebook rant from his status on Sun night Monday morning, why not have the balls to leave it on, or perhaps he realised it is something and nothing. Don't get me wrong i like quite a few Dall men have no real love for either, but do appreciate their hurling ability. We are all big boys, the lads have 2 weeks off training and go back to their clubs so hopefully it will be forgotten by then(depending on Sundays match though).

theskull1

I'm ridiculing you for well explained reasons SIE. Reasons you don't really want to address.

Very convenient for you to huff over being called what you are (in regards to posting that).
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

I didn't say it was winker that told me. Whoever told me is irrelevant. There's a bigger problem to deal with here. I don't know what the answer is but at least its out there.

*edit

Just checked winkers fb page, it's still very much there jamesh. Oh, and it was posted at 6.36pm

Milltown Row2

I was in Casement afterwards too, well only had the one but wish I'd have stayed a wee while longer, seems i missed the craic.

He said she said. Lets try stick to facts for a change. When was the last time (regardless of winning championships) that Dick and Watson sat down and had a good auld conversation? Discussed things like hurling in Antrim and how their kids were doing and what the future holds????????????

I'm going to hazard a guess and say never and never will. Same as some of our senior footballers won't be talking to Lamhs men or even Cargin men any day soon.

I might head up to the Dunloy v Loughgiel game. think it will be a cracker ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Leave the board for a couple of hours and madness ensues, couple of points just on what has been said.

The LG boys didnt get  the red carpet treatment on their return - Dont know what they expected Im sure they got congratulations from the manager and players but after that they rest of the squad were there for an ordinary training session to them St Patricks day is in the past even though the LG boys are still enjoying it (and why wouldnt they)

Dick O'Kane blanks Watson in Casement bar - Any one who has met DOK would know that he is a hurling person and would be more keen for Watson to have been on the field in casement on sunday than in around the bar. I for one would pretty sure that he wouldnt blank anyone let alone a player that he is hoping to have as part of the Antrim panel in the summer. This would be especially more so the case with the player in question having drink on him

Buswhacker

These forums are more bother than they're worth,a lot of amateur opinions and then the usual animosity starts creeping in.

NAG1

Quote from: Buswhacker on April 03, 2012, 09:47:59 AM
These forums are more bother than they're worth,a lot of amateur opinions and then the usual animosity starts creeping in.

Bushwhacker, what is an amateur opinion?  ;)
I thought we were all amateurs at the end of the day

btdtgtt

Look we can argue about the diffrence between Liam Watson drinking (vs) being drunk but NAG makes a great point - Gregory OKane will speak to Liam Watson about hurling and on a hurling pitch - not in a bar thru alcohol! Fair play Dick! Proper order! And like I said the form Waston was in not many would have fancied a decent converstaion - and that is fact.
Poor Liam - I am a superstar and someone didnt fall at my feet? So I will put it on Facebook? What a player, but lets not kid ourselves that he is an ambassador off the field.

I have all the time in the world for Loughuiel and their acheivements - but when it comes to the county set up they need to get over themselves and quickly. Lord it in Loughiel by all means and well deserved but when it comes to Casement leave it at the gate - its only Antrim and what they do wearing the county shirt that counts there.

No thats done - the boys are back with their clubs?
Doesnt sound like Dunloy have much to trouble Loughiel on the field, MR2 are you hoping for more than a hurling match lol?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 03, 2012, 09:51:23 AM
Look we can argue about the diffrence between Liam Watson drinking (vs) being drunk but NAG makes a great point - Gregory OKane will speak to Liam Watson about hurling and on a hurling pitch - not in a bar thru alcohol! Fair play Dick! Proper order! And like I said the form Waston was in not many would have fancied a decent converstaion - and that is fact.
Poor Liam - I am a superstar and someone didnt fall at my feet? So I will put it on Facebook? What a player, but lets not kid ourselves that he is an ambassador off the field.

I have all the time in the world for Loughuiel and their acheivements - but when it comes to the county set up they need to get over themselves and quickly. Lord it in Loughiel by all means and well deserved but when it comes to Casement leave it at the gate - its only Antrim and what they do wearing the county shirt that counts there.

No thats done - the boys are back with their clubs?
Doesnt sound like Dunloy have much to trouble Loughiel on the field, MR2 are you hoping for more than a hurling match lol?

No, just looking to see the difference in the two teams, wondering how well Dunloy have trained and with Loughgiel at the standard they are at will that be the same come league. Be interesting. Love to referee it lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea