Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on April 02, 2012, 10:25:52 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 02, 2012, 09:12:06 PM
Quote from: saffronog on April 02, 2012, 07:33:58 PM
hear johnny campbell has hung up the inter county boots, i suppose he has had enough.  his form has been better but still think he would of had something to offer
You hear right unfortunately, a great servant to Antrim.

I hear from a very good source that the Loughgiel boys were given less than a warm welcome back into the Antrim fold. Half the squad not talking or even looking at them. Sambo has apparently been very frosty towards them. Winker went into the Casement bar after the game on Sunday and said hello to Dick, who in return blanked him and walked out. Apparently morale is low among some of the squad as well, not the LG players, unsurprisingly. I was told Wallace has sat the whole she-bang down and told them to grow and wise up. Jealously alive and well in Antrim it seems. Maybe if certain individuals showed a bit of leadership within the Antrim set up, rather than jealously, and that's what it is btw,  maybe the team's fortunes would improve. Sadly, I can't see things improving anytime soon.   :(

What a big woman
Who skull?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on April 02, 2012, 10:17:44 PM
yeah JC will be a miss but i suppose a lot of miles on the clock.  Very worried about the spirit in the camp if there are certain groups not pulling together.  All-Ireland club is over, everyone should get over it and move on, the loughgiel lads included.  It is about Antrim now and after Sunday we have our work cut out. this will be a test for Jerry and is back up team.  i would assume the players go back to the clubs now for a while in preparation for the league.  looking forward to it, i reckon the Dall will win the 1st division with glenariffe possibly edging out a few city teams for promotion. Galls will off course be strong, would buy into the lethargic attitude of MR2.  what has happened the dream team in Armagh they seem to have struggled badly in that league

Would or wouldn't? What dream team? Our best performance was in Casement v Dunloy last year. There are splits in many camps/clubs even, so people need to man up FFS.

Management is so fooking hard these days, kids are not as passionate as they were back in the day and it will be Jerry's main job to bring them together, instead of doing what he should be doing.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on April 02, 2012, 10:33:38 PM
You
Wtf are you on about now?  Personal insults again, you really could do better.

theskull1

Hands up who thinks SIE is a big gossipin' woman for posting that?

You've became part of the problem posting that (if indeed there is one) bitchy tittle tattle

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on April 02, 2012, 10:43:04 PM
Hands up who thinks SIE is a big gossipin' woman for posting that?

You've became part of the problem posting that (if indeed there is one) bitchy tittle tattle
Jesus skull, get down from that high horse for god sake. This came from someone I trust and respect, not tittle tattle. Perhaps people like you should wake up and see what is really going on at county level rather than nit picking other posters' contributions. If the half of what I heard tonight is true then there are problems. Perhaps if they're talked about it might get sorted. Or we could do what you want and brush them under the carpet and continue with the status quo.

theskull1

Explain the high horse bit

I'm accusing you of being a big gossiping woman regardless of there being any truth in what you've reported

People with more sense would keep their candour and let those things get resolved internally. I'm sure the person who told you didn't expect you to tell the world about it

You're not helping anyone posting that...that's for sure

Sleeping giant

heard a few stories myself but wasn't going to bother posting anything on here,   do use not think all the top counties hate each other a club level?   FACT they do,  the gaa thrives on it.   but come county level they put there problems aside and get stuck in as a team,   all bar Galway,  which has prob cost themselves an AI over childish bullshit like this  over the years
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on April 02, 2012, 10:58:36 PM
Explain the high horse bit

I'm accusing you of being a big gossiping woman regardless of there being any truth in what you've reported

People with more sense would keep their candour and let those things get resolved internally. I'm sure the person who told you didn't expect you to tell the world about it

You're not helping anyone posting that...that's for sure
On the contrary, I was asked to post it. He wanted it out there. If he didn't, I wouldn't have.

btdtgtt

Sie I pay great attention to your posts - normally knowledgable and fair.

But that is ridiculous!

Firstly I don't believe for one second dick o Kane blanked Watson. Why would he? Also that story could only have came from Liam himself - which makes me question his motivation. And btw - he was drunk in casement bar and very loud!

Next - it sounds like the shamrocks went back with an attitude. I mean do they want the rest of the squad (together without them for 3months) to roll out a Red carpet and hug and kiss them. It's big boys grow up.

Shamrocks need to grit their teeth, leave their medals at the door, and pull on the saffron jersey like everyone else.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 02, 2012, 11:04:18 PM
Sie I pay great attention to your posts - normally knowledgable and fair.

But that is ridiculous!

Firstly I don't believe for one second dick o Kane blanked Watson. Why would he? Also that story could only have came from Liam himself - which makes me question his motivation. And btw - he was drunk in casement bar and very loud!

Next - it sounds like the shamrocks went back with an attitude. I mean do they want the rest of the squad (together without them for 3months) to roll out a Red carpet and hug and kiss them. It's big boys grow up.

Shamrocks need to grit their teeth, leave their medals at the door, and pull on the saffron jersey like everyone else.
so hold on here a min!!!   its the shamrocks fault??    God f**king jesus!!   winning something outside of the north should nearly be boosting the county???   not our bloody fault it was an "easy" draw.   and not our fault dunloy or the dall never won an all ireland,   so maybe they should grit their teeth and get on with it!!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Listen, there were several witnesses to it. Believe what you want. And like I say, I was told by someone who has always been up front and honest before. Why would he change now?

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 02, 2012, 11:00:54 PM
On the contrary, I was asked to post it. He wanted it out there. If he didn't, I wouldn't have.

Begs the question....why didn't you tell him to tell the tale himself if he wanted it told?

Two Hands FFS

The Loughgiel boys have only been back for a week..2 sessions & a match I'd imagine...if I was them
I wouldnt panic. Due to the club commitments they haven't been there for the 3 months the squad has being training..it'll take a few weeks for them to blend back in. Some players may be jealous of the AI win..more than likely other players are pissed off that they know that some of the lgiel players will take their place. A fair few of the Antrim squad are new this year & probably don't know some of the players personally. I'd say they are being paranoid.

btdtgtt

Not at all sleeping giant - if there is a problem with people mixing I think it's both their issues. Both parties have their part to play. The onus is not just on the saffrons to lie at the feet of the shamrocks so to speak - 20to30 year olds ate not like that!

Sorry SIE but dick is an honourable man with nothing to gain from clanking Watson. Liam was drunk in the bar and find if telling elaborate stories - and I can tell u that 1st hand.

Listen - shamrocks back on board. They no higher status than the rest. One jersey. That applies to the rest of the squad also.