Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the colonel on March 28, 2012, 06:50:21 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 28, 2012, 06:41:57 PM
Quote from: the colonel on March 28, 2012, 06:32:57 PM
DD and Eddie are the only starters for Loughgiel. McGourty back in. Gettins wing back and Karl S and Shorty in Midfield

What was wrong with McGourty last week?

No idea

Calf injury im led to believe.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

So who dropped out for McCloskey to come in?

Would have to assume Hamill? What about Barry McFall? Where is this info from - could someone list the team?

Milltown Row2

Thought Barry played well when he came on. Tough line the 3/4's. As said already, needs to be strong and score the odd point or two would be great. Though essential stop their strongest line dominating the play.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2012, 09:07:24 PM
Quote from: the colonel on March 28, 2012, 06:50:21 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 28, 2012, 06:41:57 PM
Quote from: the colonel on March 28, 2012, 06:32:57 PM
DD and Eddie are the only starters for Loughgiel. McGourty back in. Gettins wing back and Karl S and Shorty in Midfield

What was wrong with McGourty last week?

No idea

Calf injury im led to believe.

didnt know he kept beast was it a wee sharly, tell him not to stand behind it when its feeding
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2012, 10:42:12 PM

Would have to assume Hamill? What about Barry McFall? Where is this info from - could someone list the team?

I would say Hamill or micko are looking over the shoulders. how many shams trained last night
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

As much a the LG men were training as well, I think it can/could be demotivating for players dropped if these boys just wade in and take their place in the starting 15. Difficult when time is of the essence.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Darren Hamill.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

Quote from: Minder on March 29, 2012, 08:12:21 AM

Darren Hamill.

Goes out of the squad altogether
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Antrim are 3/1 on Sunday to beat Limerick. Even money plus 5. With some lads from Loughgiel coming in surely we are odds on to beat them :o

Joking aside. If we play the same in the first half against Limerick like we did against Laois then Casement will be empty before half time. Maybe the heads weren't right leading into the game 'cause it's Laois' and they will be better focused because Limerick are a 'better' team. I hope they are focused, as the extra game will be better to have than not having, regardless of the bigger teams that lie in wait.

Another 11 quid?

theskull1

Was it last year or the year before we played Limerick in loughgiel? 2 years I think  ???

Anyway we took a beating against a very powerful well drilled team. Don't believe our forward play has improved enough for it not to be tight affair
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Two Hands FFS

That was last year Skull.

I think the Wexford match was £8?? Maybe I'm wrong. I'd say last week was £11 due to the double header.

btdtgtt

I think picking bets this weekend you always need to look at which teams have something to play for - are they pumped up with something to gain and if they don't maybe they'll be throwing out a 2nd string.

the colonel

Football games were £8 as they are Division 3. Wexford game was £11 I'm sure
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on March 29, 2012, 11:00:50 AM
Was it last year or the year before we played Limerick in loughgiel? 2 years I think  ???

Anyway we took a beating against a very powerful well drilled team. Don't believe our forward play has improved enough for it not to be tight affair

Yes was down at it also Skull, hammered was what we were, played in the Glens to as it would benefit us  :o ;D Yeah to the tune of an 11 or 12 point loss. Was standing with a Limerick great also, Mark Foley. O'Grady in fairness had them running well and they were always going to win the league.

Our defence is slight better with Neil in CHB and Hippy playing FB this year, Keiran played that position last year (due to Hippy being injured) and didn't have the strength to stop Downes. We also have something to play for, as do Limerick of course. If we don't collapse in the first half then we could make a go it.

the colonel

DD Quinn

Aaron Graffin
Cormac Donnelly
Kieran Mc Gourty

Neal Mc Auley
Neil Mc Manus
Michael Gettens

Karl Stewart
Paul Shiels

Simon Mc Crory
Michael Herron