Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffronog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2012, 05:36:54 PM
Quote from: saffronog on March 06, 2012, 05:27:26 PM
most important is the development of the skillls and they should be in place around u14 level or else it will be difficult there after.  core and lifting your own body weight is what is required then to the end of minors for hurlers.  After that you can go to gyms etc and work on the required muscles. it's all about skills, speed and determination.

The skills in fairness should be well developed before the age of 14, striking off both sides on the move, fielding, soloing, hooking blocking, dips, be they one handed or two. I managed our under 12's when the Johnnies first got that good team together, they were doing this stuff at under 12, by the age of 14 they were doing the same stuff, only quicker, sharper and with less mistakes.

Was great to see, though as a manager it was hard on the kids taking those beatings. I've refereed them a fair bit also and sometimes you have to catch yourself on, as i nearly clapped at some of the scores they took.

yeah great thrill at times for taking teams and some of the young lads are super.  reckon in belfast the underage hurling is strong Rossa very good u16 team.  the killer i think comes after this age group and with minors trying to keep them interested and happy. do the young galls lads head down to pitch maybe on days off for a poc around. or do they head to falls park or something.  thats what hurt us in ballymena, great pitches but too far away from the young lads.  Old pitch was shite but at least it was close to the area.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: lonely1 on March 06, 2012, 05:36:34 PM
A virgin poster, some crack on this site this last few weeks, so in short I'm hooked! Look forward to a bit of banter to say the least, I'm from SW so be gentle and don't hold that against me.
Welcome lonely1. It could get interesting on here in the next couple of weeks.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sham Man

Lonely One, I hope you have your birth certificate, driving licence, marriage certificate, mobile number, home address, club membership, all Ireland tickets, utility bill, wages slip, baptism lines and blood donor card with you.  There a some very inquisitive, doubting Thomas's around here who have to closely scrutinise your very personal credentials.  You may very easily be mistaken for Lord Lucan, Stakeknife or Fcukin Shergar.  ;)

This lot tend to believe, I am a belfast man, Galls man, steward umpire who drinks in The Pound in Loughgiel and takes the Corkey Road home to Belfast.  Would you believe it?  I swear ta jaysus, ye wouldna credit it at all.  ::)
Shamrocks are winners!

Sham Man

Quote from: theskull1 on March 06, 2012, 05:45:38 PM
Quote from: Sham Man on March 06, 2012, 05:09:23 PM
I really cannot understand the challenges to my integrity and identity.

You really are a clampit if you cannot understand that. After 3 attempts to remind you I'm still waiting for that yes/no reply. I think we're all in agreement on that
For fox ache, another stalker!  And who are you if I may ask?
Shamrocks are winners!

theskull1

Quote from: Sham Man on March 06, 2012, 09:55:59 PM

You really are a clampit if you cannot understand that. After 3 attempts to remind you I'm still waiting for that yes/no reply. I think we're all in agreement on that
Stalker = someone trying to hold you to task

Don't worry clampit, I think thats enough of trying
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sham Man

Quote from: theskull1 on March 06, 2012, 10:11:44 PM
Quote from: Sham Man on March 06, 2012, 09:55:59 PM

Stalker = someone trying to hold you to task

Don't worry clampit, I think thats enough of trying
Put it to me in writing Skull1 and I look at it sometime in the near future, when I not so busy.  FFS, yamean there's two of you. :'(
Shamrocks are winners!

theskull1

After a bit o' greetin (just getting with the lingo :)) by some city slicker aboot league games fixed the day after Paddy's day...I though this was a witty retort on the antrimgaa site

You see them Belfast boys at it again holidays at the 17th; holidays at the 12th - for us yins out in the country - the lambing starts at 17th March. But them wans frae Loughgiel were smert; sure of themsels that they held the 'tips' back a week (do you know what I mean) so their ewes(female sheep) won't lamb until a week after they win the All -Ireland. So there's planning and fore-sight for ye. That will gae them a whole week to celebrate.
What's all this oul nonsense about holidays in March - boys a dears and holidays in July- changed times. Is there no supposed to be a recession? But sheep are a right good trade. See you in Croker!

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sham Man

Quote from: theskull1 on March 06, 2012, 10:39:12 PM
After a bit o' greetin (just getting with the lingo :)) by some city slicker aboot league games fixed the day after Paddy's day...I though this was a witty retort on the antrimgaa site

You see them Belfast boys at it again holidays at the 17th; holidays at the 12th - for us yins out in the country - the lambing starts at 17th March. But them wans frae Loughgiel were smert; sure of themsels that they held the 'tips' back a week (do you know what I mean) so their ewes(female sheep) won't lamb until a week after they win the All -Ireland. So there's planning and fore-sight for ye. That will gae them a whole week to celebrate.
What's all this oul nonsense about holidays in March - boys a dears and holidays in July- changed times. Is there no supposed to be a recession? But sheep are a right good trade. See you in Croker!

Soonds mar like an Ulster Scots Dunloy wan.
Shamrocks are winners!

Sleeping giant

lol,   only in proper English.  this has actually happened. lol  ;D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

lonely1

I see the county administrators as usual well behind on the fixture admin, they have known for months of the change with the txt service and never bothered their backsides, must be the new multi sport new stadium for GAA, Concerts, and Rugby keeping our secretary busy these days, unbelievable!

btdtgtt

The fact that precise fixtures have not been published is a joke!

saffronog

yeah it is about time the fixtures were distributed. people in full time employment to get these matters sorted.  believe jerry has produced a few surprises with the team for sunday.  few posiitonal switches and a few different personnel

Minder

Quote from: saffronog on March 07, 2012, 08:19:30 PM
yeah it is about time the fixtures were distributed. people in full time employment to get these matters sorted.  believe jerry has produced a few surprises with the team for sunday.  few posiitonal switches and a few different personnel

McLaughlin, Barry McFall and the Randalstwon FF making way I heard.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lonely1

Its good to see, he obviously has a system in his head that he is not yet happy with and prepared to experiment but at the same time establish a platform for the chship, allowing for the loghguile lads to return and if winker settles he be hard to handle anywhere whether you love him or hate him, credit where credits due. Jesus wouldn't it be great to see the lads bring it back to antrim and the proverbial two to the experts in Munster and Leinster!

Milltown Row2

When the St Galls lads came back into the Antrim team after winning the All Ireland it didn't work out. We lost 3/4 on the trot and were crap in the Championship. This year the Antrim football team has a better spread of players and they have gelled well and playing as a unit this year.

Antrim will have been training away, playing games, developing systems. Would the right thing be, to play these lads (Loughgiel) in slowly and with not too much disruption. Just a thought
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea