Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

So what is the story with the Johnstons are they transferring or not, and if not Rossa would they go to another club.  Quality players
What happens next????

theskull1

I'm sure many Rossa wans are wary of this potential trojan horse/poisoned chalice. Jonty seems to have a way of being that rubs people up the wrong way, although I've no personal experience I've heard the odd story or two. Has been able to develop some serious talent but keeps finding himself in the middle of controversy far too often for it always to be someone elses fault. While he might in the early stages show deference to the club I doubt it would be long before he would start imposing himself. Hard to know how that would work out
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on February 29, 2012, 04:05:41 PM
I'm sure many Rossa wans are wary of this potential trojan horse/poisoned chalice. Jonty seems to have a way of being that rubs people up the wrong way, although I've no personal experience I've heard the odd story or two. Has been able to develop some serious talent but keeps finding himself in the middle of controversy far too often for it always to be someone elses fault. While he might in the early stages show deference to the club I doubt it would be long before he would start imposing himself. Hard to know how that would work out

I have a fair idea  ;)

jeremiah

The Johnstons transfer never actually got to the stage where Rossa got to say yes or no either way. St Johns had an EGM last week and decided not to sign the transfer forms.

Think the Da might be taking Rossa camogs this year so there's potential that this may rumble on for a while longer

theskull1

Quote from: jeremiah on February 29, 2012, 04:18:36 PM
The Johnstons transfer never actually got to the stage where Rossa got to say yes or no either way. St Johns had an EGM last week and decided not to sign the transfer forms.

Think the Da might be taking Rossa camogs this year so there's potential that this may rumble on for a while longer

funny ..when I read that the first time I thought you'd said the Johnstons had an EGM last week. Somehow made sense

saffronog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 29, 2012, 01:13:43 PM
Grand, now can we talk about hurling?

I heard a that the league fixtures are to be finalised this week and published soon enough.

The Championship draw was intertesting but again Loughgiel have been given a handy route to the final again, just my opinion.

The other side of the draw will be tighter, and unlike last year i hope the fixture committie look at the possibility that teams my draw a game, last year teams had to play games very close together which may have had a bearing on the next match.

I'm glad we got one of the big 3 teams in the Championship, it will certainly focus their minds/attitude leading up to the match and i hope they will have come on from last year. Cushendall will be looking to beat Loughgiel in the final as they don't want another losers medal in their back pocket. So all teams should be focused.

St Johns, will the Johnston's be playing for them this year? If they are playing for Rossa it will definitely bring them on a bit, and with them on board would certainly spice up the Loughgiel game in Belfast.

We won't be able to compete for the league this year as we will have a couple of county boys on the football team, this means that they will be away playing for the county (league/championship/friendly/bonding weekends) when hurling games are on. It's my usual rant at the fixtures but what can ya do?

Any dates for the leagues to start?

from reading your post i wonder can you answer this question MR2, only really know about hurling leagues and that side of thing. 

St Gall's as a dual club and how you mighten fancy winning the hurling league div 2 this year? kind of surprised me.

so the dual player i.e. Stewart and McCourty (county corner back)  They play for both st galls senior in football and hurling, would they miss many games for hurlers due to this dual status.  Or if it was a st galls county footballer who also plays with Galls senior hurling team, if he was 100% genuine will he still miss many games with galls hurlers because of antrim footballers. 

What would be roughly the no of galls seniors who play for both hurling and football teams

as for the league fixtures the sooner the better.  talking to a rossa man who is worried they'll get oisins or galls first game of season, especially if its the oisins away.  Massive games.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on February 29, 2012, 04:33:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 29, 2012, 01:13:43 PM
Grand, now can we talk about hurling?

I heard a that the league fixtures are to be finalised this week and published soon enough.

The Championship draw was intertesting but again Loughgiel have been given a handy route to the final again, just my opinion.

The other side of the draw will be tighter, and unlike last year i hope the fixture committie look at the possibility that teams my draw a game, last year teams had to play games very close together which may have had a bearing on the next match.

I'm glad we got one of the big 3 teams in the Championship, it will certainly focus their minds/attitude leading up to the match and i hope they will have come on from last year. Cushendall will be looking to beat Loughgiel in the final as they don't want another losers medal in their back pocket. So all teams should be focused.

St Johns, will the Johnston's be playing for them this year? If they are playing for Rossa it will definitely bring them on a bit, and with them on board would certainly spice up the Loughgiel game in Belfast.

We won't be able to compete for the league this year as we will have a couple of county boys on the football team, this means that they will be away playing for the county (league/championship/friendly/bonding weekends) when hurling games are on. It's my usual rant at the fixtures but what can ya do?

Any dates for the leagues to start?

from reading your post i wonder can you answer this question MR2, only really know about hurling leagues and that side of thing. 

St Gall's as a dual club and how you mighten fancy winning the hurling league div 2 this year? kind of surprised me.

so the dual player i.e. Stewart and McCourty (county corner back)  They play for both st galls senior in football and hurling, would they miss many games for hurlers due to this dual status.  Or if it was a st galls county footballer who also plays with Galls senior hurling team, if he was 100% genuine will he still miss many games with galls hurlers because of antrim footballers. 

What would be roughly the no of galls seniors who play for both hurling and football teams

as for the league fixtures the sooner the better.  talking to a rossa man who is worried they'll get oisins or galls first game of season, especially if its the oisins away.  Massive games.

Potentially we could have a number of players who can play hurling for the senior team, but due to commitment to the county over the years this has waned and we have lost them. The players currently would be Aidso Gallagher and Anto Healy. both great hurlers and when the county play county football they usuall have hurling games on. over the years we have had CJ and Kevin who have played for the seniors, Andy McLean was possibly our best player the year we held Loughgiel at Casement to 3 points in the County Semi final.

These lads have only played a few games over the years for the club in the league, this is the problem for us in promotion.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sham Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 29, 2012, 01:31:18 PM
Couple of points - Coolderry forwards are good? I am still hopeful for Loughiel - I rarely see the likes of JC and Neilly giving much away - maybe Barney could drop back also if needed what do you think?

MR2 - I couldnt agree more on the loss of players to county teams (regardless of code they are never about the club setup)- but in fairness St Gallls are not on their own here.

As for the Johnstons - they will certainly not be at Rossa next year. The topic cause a bit of a stir during their "farewell to Rossa House" and there was no welcome mat on show.

As for the league fixtures - they really seem to be top secret! I have not found anyone who even knows the start dates!Cannot for the life me understand why they are so late - its really not good for boys looking to plan ahead or generating interest. Typical!
St. Johns is St. Johns and Rossa is Rossa.  Just Like Loughgiel is Loughgiel and Dunloy is Dunloy.  Would you really want to co-habit?  Not if we are being honest.  ;)
Shamrocks are winners!

the colonel

I am quite sure that is incorrect, as the players themselves decided they would not be moving
the difference between success and failure is energy

btdtgtt

So in a nutshell the jonty's threatened to leave St johns but didn't - which us just as well because Rossa didn't want them anyway. Glad we got that straight!

One note on the dual players problem - mostly affects Belfast teams (I appreciate my bias here esp dunloy/aghohill) and nit just in terms of losing players for matches. Training is a no go - and pitch access is a problem when sharing between both codes at all levels.

Sham Man

Quote from: the colonel on February 29, 2012, 06:08:49 PM

I am quite sure that is incorrect, as the players themselves decided they would not be moving
I just hope for the two lads sake that common sense will prevail and they continue with their hurling.  Remember, this is children/young men we are dealing with.
Shamrocks are winners!

theskull1

Quote from: Sham Man on February 29, 2012, 05:43:37 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on February 29, 2012, 03:51:32 PM
Quote from: Sham Man on February 29, 2012, 02:54:26 PM
If I post something which may prove somewhat sensitive, I will humbly apologise to those whom it offends.  Beyond that, I stand by what I say, end of.  :)

Proving my point right there. Perhaps someone could decipher the meaning of it. I presume putting up or shutting up has nothing to do with it.

So, enlighten me Skull, what exactly is your problem?  Do you wish that I re-iterate what I said?  ???

No No please dont do that ....... A simple yes/no will make it easier on all of us

Are you going to apologise for your slanderous comments regarding how Dunloy charge for the use of their facilities?

north_antrim_hound

If I post something which may prove somewhat sensitive, I will humbly apologise to those whom it offends.  Beyond that, I stand by what I say, end of.  :)

Proving my point right there. Perhaps someone could decipher the meaning of it. I presume putting up or shutting up has nothing to do with it.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 29, 2012, 03:35:32 PM
You could put Sham Man in the Dumb college ;) He'd fit in there alright
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 29, 2012, 03:38:04 PM
They'd only talk about him.

Well said SIE and thanks.   ;)
So, enlighten me Skull, what exactly is your problem?  Do you wish that I re-iterate what I said?  ???

Is there any way we could banish this clown, between cringing for him and laughing, hes starting to get rather tedious. SIE you got to admit hes a bit em barresing
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 29, 2012, 06:47:21 PM

Is there any way we could banish this clown, between cringing for him and laughing, hes starting to get rather tedious. SIE you got to admit hes a bit em barresing
I'm not interested nah. Nothing all to do with me. Maybe if he was ignored he might go away, or something.

Nice handy draw for yous in the minor hurling MR2.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sham Man

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 29, 2012, 07:48:30 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 29, 2012, 06:47:21 PM

I'm not interested nah. Nothing all to do with me. Maybe if he was ignored he might go away, or something.

Nice handy draw for yous in the minor hurling MR2.
What sort of an (LG) individual are you, turning your back on your own?   I must tell the boys in The Pound  ;)
Shamrocks are winners!