Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

I just didn't think it had to be stated what he was.   Some muck talked on this from time to time.    Oh.  And Congrats on the 1000 MR2
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Info on Coolderry :D.   There forwards are class there backs are there for the taking!  Our backs with massive Job on hands!!  Work rate and hurl like fcuk!!!!!! That's the plan anyways!   Not as a loughgiel man,  but an Ulster double would be unreal on paddys day!!!

Milltown Row2

Grand, now can we talk about hurling?

I heard a that the league fixtures are to be finalised this week and published soon enough.

The Championship draw was intertesting but again Loughgiel have been given a handy route to the final again, just my opinion.

The other side of the draw will be tighter, and unlike last year i hope the fixture committie look at the possibility that teams my draw a game, last year teams had to play games very close together which may have had a bearing on the next match.

I'm glad we got one of the big 3 teams in the Championship, it will certainly focus their minds/attitude leading up to the match and i hope they will have come on from last year. Cushendall will be looking to beat Loughgiel in the final as they don't want another losers medal in their back pocket. So all teams should be focused.

St Johns, will the Johnston's be playing for them this year? If they are playing for Rossa it will definitely bring them on a bit, and with them on board would certainly spice up the Loughgiel game in Belfast.

We won't be able to compete for the league this year as we will have a couple of county boys on the football team, this means that they will be away playing for the county (league/championship/friendly/bonding weekends) when hurling games are on. It's my usual rant at the fixtures but what can ya do?

Any dates for the leagues to start?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Not uptight in the least I can assure you.

So just to summarise

Sham man slanders my club in a post

You reply to your club mates post completely disregarding the very obvious offensive comments made about my club

I call sham man for what he is. If you make comments like that you get the ridicule you deserve.

You make a few witty comments with reference to argument which is great

You ( only after contacting someone???) then agree that he's a shit stirrer.

I call you for not calling sham man for what he was from the outset when it was as clear as day what he was at at the time. You want to ignore this fact but its relevant to our discussion.

All perfectly fair and valid as far as I'm concerned. I have a right to call sham man for his comments made and a right to question why you chose not to at the time. He's your club mate after all and is doing your reputation no good acting the b*llocks like he is/was.

Maybe you're worried you might be involved in the first row in the pound on paddies night if you say too much?  :)

I know it doesnt suit what you might want to believe, but have a look at my post history and I think you'll find I have a dislike for assholes making comments like these, regardless of where they're from.

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10 and relax

I'm over it now
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

That's hilarious. I wasn't sure if he was a club mate or not. Tbh, I'm still not sure, but it looks like he is. And if you knew me you'd know I wouldn't be one bit wary of stepping into the pound any night of the week. You're a nit picker with a not so well hidden dislike of lg. Pure and simple. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Couple of points - Coolderry forwards are good? I am still hopeful for Loughiel - I rarely see the likes of JC and Neilly giving much away - maybe Barney could drop back also if needed what do you think?

MR2 - I couldnt agree more on the loss of players to county teams (regardless of code they are never about the club setup)- but in fairness St Gallls are not on their own here.

As for the Johnstons - they will certainly not be at Rossa next year. The topic cause a bit of a stir during their "farewell to Rossa House" and there was no welcome mat on show.

As for the league fixtures - they really seem to be top secret! I have not found anyone who even knows the start dates!Cannot for the life me understand why they are so late - its really not good for boys looking to plan ahead or generating interest. Typical!

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on February 29, 2012, 01:55:28 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on February 29, 2012, 01:31:18 PM
As for the Johnstons - they will certainly not be at Rossa next year. The topic cause a bit of a stir during their "farewell to Rossa House" and there was no welcome mat on show.

That was always on the cards.

Quote from: hardstation on December 23, 2011, 10:51:08 AM
I wouldn't be sure Rossa would take them.

You can't stir up venomous bullshit about a club for years and then expect them to welcome you with open arms when you throw your toys out of the pram at your own club.

+1

What are the plans for Rossa now? Is there any particular reason why they sol their club, surely if they had this in their heads as a club, ten years ago was the time to do it and cash in and build some solid foundations going forward. Or were there other matters at work?

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on February 29, 2012, 02:11:21 PM
I think the bar was still making money 10 years ago, Nag. That trade is as dead as Hector these days. They started by closing during the week and then finally decided to wind it up completely.

The plan is to develop Shaws Road, I think, but nobody has heard anything concrete.

Do they still have the handball alley up in the Shaws Road?

There's not much ground behind those goals to do much with.

Sleeping giant

Yes coolderry forwards are very good,   I dont no much about there centre half and full forward,  but there 2 corner and half forwards are very good.  IMO.     Well give it a shot!! See what happens

Sham Man

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 29, 2012, 11:53:26 AM
You're very uptight about this. Let it go Skull. Unlike you, I like to be in the know before I go about name calling or pre judging anyone. You seem to thrive on bickering (especially when lg posters are involved) on things like this, which in the grand scheme of things isn't that important. He's a wum, he hasn't murdered anyone. 

Enough of this nonsense. I've never driven to Croker before, always on a coach. Where is the best place to park if I'm coming from O'Connell street?
Well said SIE and thanks.  So for the paranoids, begrudgers and doubters, I will put the record straight. Firstly,  I am a LG man and very proud to be so, of that there is no doubt. Secondly, I have never been on the GAA Board previously and just thought it time that I did join up to bolster the good name of my own club LG. It appeared to me that my Club and fellow club men such as SIE,SG, Bushwacker etc, were frequently being lambasted, ridiculed and verbally attacked by legendary posters on the Antrim GAA Board.  Some of them I may add, appear as legends in their own time, but sure wasn't Hitler and Saddam legends also! Enough said I think.

And lastly, having read back over a lot of the posts on this forum and having looked closely at postings by key contributors/founder members, hero members etc, I get a very clear sense there are those who can post/say anything agin others with total impunity, yet  other posters are very promptly checked/chastised on the comments and contributions. Now I ask myself, is that fair at all, well not in my book. So I will continue to defend my fellow LG men, my club and my parish.  If I post something which may prove somewhat sensitive, I will humbly apologise to those whom it offends.  Beyond that, I stand by what I say, end of.  :)  Here ends the gospel of Sham Man.  Come on the Shams  ;) :D
Shamrocks are winners!

Magicsponge

The deaf college is usually a handy place to park when going to croke park, only maybe a 10 minute walk to it

Seamroga in exile

Thanks magicsponge, I'll look into it when I get home.

Milltown Row2

You could put Sham Man in the Dumb college ;) He'd fit in there alright
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

They'd only talk about him.

theskull1

Quote from: Sham Man on February 29, 2012, 02:54:26 PM
If I post something which may prove somewhat sensitive, I will humbly apologise to those whom it offends.  Beyond that, I stand by what I say, end of.  :)

Proving my point right there. Perhaps someone could decipher the meaning of it. I presume putting up or shutting up has nothing to do with it.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 29, 2012, 03:35:32 PM
You could put Sham Man in the Dumb college ;) He'd fit in there alright
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 29, 2012, 03:38:04 PM
They'd only talk about him.

Well said SIE and thanks.   ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera