Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sham Man

SIE, how much are we paying Dunloy for the use of the hall?  We are back there again on Thursday night. I am sure they are putting the proverbial "arm in".  Hard to believe they wouldn't!
Shamrocks are winners!

Seamroga in exile

I wouldn't have a clue sham man.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sham Man on February 28, 2012, 08:21:53 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 28, 2012, 08:02:31 PM
congrats Mr2 on 1000Th page. nice to have a forum without aggressive and snide replies from a condescending moderator. thanks for an alternative for all things Antrim Hurling.
Although he gives the impression of a spoilt boy, playground bully and suffering from the 'small man syndrome' when things don't go his way or someone else opinion differs.  ;)  Seem like attributes for an administrator on the county web s(h)ite.

Spoilt? Very good. Wee man syndrome  ;D ;D yeah that's me.

If you can give opinions that make any sense then go ahead. If you prefer to be a WUM then be my guest. Eventually no one will bother with your Hoganstand posts.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Quote from: Sham Man on February 28, 2012, 08:36:20 PM
SIE, how much are we paying Dunloy for the use of the hall?  We are back there again on Thursday night. I am sure they are putting the proverbial "arm in".  Hard to believe they wouldn't!

Hard for an imbecile like you maybe. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sham Man

Quote from: theskull1 on February 28, 2012, 09:35:47 PM
Quote from: Sham Man on February 28, 2012, 08:36:20 PM

Hard for an imbecile like you maybe.
Getting a bit personal mister.  FS chill out.  >:(
Shamrocks are winners!

theskull1

Other than an imbecile, help me find an alternative word to describe someone who believed that a club who let out their premises might charge higher rates if their rivals came looking to rent it out?

People of normal intelligence might say fair play to them

Sham Man

Quote from: theskull1 on February 28, 2012, 10:13:01 PM
Other than an imbecile, help me find an alternative word to describe someone who believed that a club who let out their premises might charge higher rates if their rivals came looking to rent it out?

People of normal intelligence might say fair play to them
Dunloy certainly would, they are that type, but don't take my word for it, it's common knowledge.  :o  What makes you think I am of any less intelligence than you? Get a grip, I among others would feel my question was pertinent.  Come on the Shamrocks  ;D ;D ;D :P  Don't get me wrong, there are some really nice people in Dunloy and I know quite a few of them and I am proud to have them as neighbours.  But there is also some bad neighbours.  Regrettably, you're sounding like one of them. But such is life, sure I will live with it.
Shamrocks are winners!

Sleeping giant

isnt that what you would call running a buisness or in this case a club?  :-\
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sham Man

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 28, 2012, 10:48:48 PM
isnt that what you would call running a buisness or in this case a club?  :-\
Or taking advantage?  >:(  Getting strange looks from the barman in the Pound here.  I don't think he is happy about using the juice for my laptop, better drink and scarper.  8)
Shamrocks are winners!

Milltown Row2

I wonder have certain posters heard of 'supply and demand' ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2012, 11:01:22 PM
I wonder have certain posters heard of 'supply and demand' ?
I'm more interested in what sort of juice there is flowing in the pound the night.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Sham...either put up or shut up. Prove to me that my club charge your club more than others clubs

I will be astounded and ashamed if that is the truth. I'm not prepare to accept that you are nothing more than what I have described you as until you back up your comments

Your underage mentors will no doubt be at odds with your view seeing as they have enjoyed our hospitality on many occasions

Sleeping giant

Skull it's an unreal set up of which any club in Ireland would be proud of.   Chill out. I'd think he is messing!!   If anything the more you use it the cheaper it is. Most of them things are like that,   Block booking something you get few quid of
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

Whoops things have got nasty in my gaa related absence!

Firstly - it's in black&white that I actually write JOKING when referencing both ray Mathews and garret Duffy - I was playing up to a previous post! Jesus lads get a f**kin grip and read the post. And if that ain't enough you can check back on my posts regarding the ray and rasharkin incident - the man is a personal friend of mine (hence I feel able to joke bout it).

Which brings me to the comment on Belfast hurling - my involvement in the game is what has me counting ray as a friend - he reffed games I both played and help him officiate. "the state of city hurling?" check the number if teams in senior championship - Belfast is well represented. Both minor & u21 championships have been in city hands recently. Check underage set ups - Belfast hurling is dominant between Rossa and St johns and now even St endas.

Just because a north Antrim side wins the senior championship this is not the only reflection on hurling status. I think u will find a number of north Antrim clubs struggling down the age groups. However I won't slate any because I know their commitment and passion will bring quality through.

Now just to repeat - my "rant" was about the top heavy focus of croke park on "elite" side of our games at the expense of grass roots.
My referee comments were Tongue in cheek - and that's in black & White.

I am starting to have sympathy for admin on county website!

theskull1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 28, 2012, 11:38:34 PM
Skull it's an unreal set up of which any club in Ireland would be proud of.   Chill out. I'd think he is messing!!   If anything the more you use it the cheaper it is. Most of them things are like that,   Block booking something you get few quid of

Call your mate out of order rather than focus on my reaction. Nothing implies he is messing so I don't see why I should  think he is