Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

The last two times ya have came away with a 3 point win, I'd say youse will win by 20. All Ireland champions and all that. ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

I love this!

MR2 are you preparing for the worse? Maybe after last year Vs Dunloy & dall the Shamrocks wouldnt like this draw either!Although as all-ireland champions i am sure you guys could compare medals!

As a city man the old firm Rossa St Johns games would always be highlights! Would love to see it this year!
I wonder are they all neutral venues?

If you are accurate MR2 we might have to pay more attention to your posts!

Seamroga in exile

You and your fellow Belfast poster can say that MR2, I wouldn't dare.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 27, 2012, 03:19:08 PM
I love this!

MR2 are you preparing for the worse? Maybe after last year Vs Dunloy & dall the Shamrocks wouldnt like this draw either!Although as all-ireland champions i am sure you guys could compare medals!

As a city man the old firm Rossa St Johns games would always be highlights! Would love to see it this year!
I wonder are they all neutral venues?

If you are accurate MR2 we might have to pay more attention to your posts!

As long as they are a wee bit more accurate than yours ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog

Quote from: the colonel on February 27, 2012, 10:44:02 AM
A very shaky start, but a great win. I think from the first 15 minutes the players were asked to mark spaces rather than men. Players seemed to be looking at the sideline for direction, which to be fair to JW he decided changes needed to be made and players went man to man. Antrim then upped their game. Thought Karl was the pick of the bunch, right place at the right time and his scores came at important times also. Karl just pips Hippy and Neal McAuley who were both excellent.

As regards to Sambo on the sideline, don't think he done anything wrong. If it was Collie McFall showing a small about of displeasure would it be an issue? I heard McLoughlin had showed well in the trials and maybe was worth his chance, but I think the nerves got to him, and he just wasn't fit for it yesterday. I think he shouldn't have been given the second half, and the amount of mistakes he made right in front of the management in the second half was unreal. If you have selectors who are there to agree with a management team the whole time then they are useless. The poor fella should have been saved a bit of embarrassment. Hopefully he gathers himself, works hard at training and learns from it. Antrim have some big games coming up, and barring DD, Watson and Eddie McCloskey, who will be added from that team?

Antrim also need a fit Shorty

no problem about sambo from me colonel, thats what selectors need to do.  want to see shorty as a forward not a midfielder who sits free in front of defence.

saffronog

Quote from: NAG1 on February 27, 2012, 12:02:32 PM
Quote from: Last Man on February 27, 2012, 11:08:18 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 26, 2012, 07:48:38 PM
i knew he wasnt up to that level,  not his fault.  JW must have seen something in him,   part from the goal how did our new FF do?   great win.  claire and offaly had big wins aswel.  nice test for antrim this league.
I reckon JW possibly thought taking him off might set the young fella further back, a good man management call that might just pay dividends in the future. Sheerin struggled to impose his usual physical self but i  think he'll improve and if all he does is break more ball for Shane and PJ to hoover up then fair enough.
Thought Karl was immense, and big Cormac gave a text book display. He never squanders posession with a big aimless launch down the field. Young hurlers watch and learn.

Didnt make the game yesterday, great result.

On the highlighted part, that was the only part of his game that needed changing and it will be great news for Antrim is he is able to distribute the ball.

agree with that, he rebuked him a very agressively at a stage and that was playing on his mind imo so didn't want to take him off and destroy him completey but thats tough on fellow panelists.  hopefully they will get the same chance.  difficult to allow a defender to be shite

Sleeping giant

IL say Dall n shamrocks semi!   Dunloy to make an appearance in final
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sham Man

Is shouting and ranting at adults from the side line any different than shouting at children???  Has the same impact as I understand it.

Sincere condolences to the Wallis Family.
Shamrocks are winners!

maxpower

Sympathies to the Wallace family, RIP

I'll hazard a guess at Championship draw

Dunloy v Loughgiel
Cushendall v Rossa
St Johns v Ballycastle
St Galls v Lamh Dearg/Glenarrife

Been along time since dunloy/Loughgiel/cushendall were on the same side of the draw.

It is random, no seeding involved?
What happens next????

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: maxpower on February 27, 2012, 06:30:22 PM

Dunloy v Loughgiel
Cushendall v Rossa
St Johns v Ballycastle

Been along time since dunloy/Loughgiel/cushendall were on the same side of the draw.

I think it has been for a few years now max. Would love dall vs Dunloy 1st round.   ;D

Sham Man

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 27, 2012, 06:32:23 PM
Quote from: maxpower on February 27, 2012, 06:30:22 PM

Dunloy v Loughgiel
Cushendall v Rossa
St Johns v Ballycastle

I think it has been for a few years now max. Would love dall vs Dunloy 1st round.   ;D
That would make our progress through the rounds a little bit easier. "Come on the Shamrocks"  ;D

Fantastic result yesterday, even without our contingent. God knows what we will achieve when our lads return.
Shamrocks are winners!

Seamroga in exile

Antrim senior hurling draw 2012:

Prelim: Rossa v Shamrocks 

1/4 finals:

St galls v Cushendall

Dunloy v Ballycastle

St Johns v Lamh Dearg

Rossa/shams v Glenariffe

Seamroga in exile

Semi finals:

St Galls/Dall vs Dunloy/Ballycastle

Rossa/Shams/Oisins vs St Johns/Lamh dearg

Minder

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 27, 2012, 09:49:02 PM
Semi finals:

St Galls/Dall vs Dunloy/Ballycastle

Rossa/Shams/Oisins vs St Johns/Lamh dearg

Shams cakewalk to the final
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Good draw for us, happy with that. Cushendall in Belfast.