Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on February 26, 2012, 03:09:48 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 26, 2012, 03:03:35 PM
Full time   3-18 - 2-15.  great start to the campaign!

Great stuff!

Karl Stewart got Man of the Match on South East Radio.

Was he number 8? One of the posters thought we were only strong from 1-7 ;)

Brilliant result, Wexford haven't troubled us up here for a while
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog

stewart very good, was late in didn't get programme, would like to have thought a few subs would have been better than the saffron no 10, mclaughlin.  thought Jerry era started well.  Clare will be different kettle of fish next week

Minder

Quote from: saffronog on February 26, 2012, 04:42:06 PM
stewart very good, was late in didn't get programme, would like to have thought a few subs would have been better than the saffron no 10, mclaughlin.  thought Jerry era started well.  Clare will be different kettle of fish next week

Yeah very surprised he lasted the 70 minutes.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on February 26, 2012, 05:36:54 PM

With that injury?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2012, 05:55:56 PM

With that injury?
I think he means McLaughlin MR2

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on February 26, 2012, 06:17:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2012, 05:55:56 PM

With that injury?
I think he means McLaughlin MR2

Yes

saffronog

yes the carey player, think he wasn't up to that level

Sleeping giant

i knew he wasnt up to that level,  not his fault.  JW must have seen something in him,   part from the goal how did our new FF do?   great win.  claire and offaly had big wins aswel.  nice test for antrim this league.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

saffronog

Quote from: hardstation on February 26, 2012, 07:55:04 PM
Sambo was quite prominent on the line.

yes well he is a selector, i noticed him irrate with the carey player quite a few times and goin to wallis for a sub, but i think  the manager is very much his own man

saffronog

i see alot of the media are talking about a shock antrim win against wexford.  its a good win no doubt, but hardly shocking.  the next games against clare i feel will decide the team for promotion.  really fancy the saffs for they played around 75% today.  Alot of silly mistakes. SG also felt the full forward and even other half forward were nothing special.

Milltown Row2

Good to see Antrim can win big games against teams with 1 or 2 Loughgiel men on the panel. Says a lot about the hurlers in Antrim.

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2012, 09:01:13 PM
Good to see Antrim can win big games against teams with 1 or 2 Loughgiel men on the panel. Says a lot about the hurlers in Antrim.

There are 7 to come back I think .

Milltown Row2

7? Was there 7 last year?

imtommygunn

Barney McAuley and DD are in this year aren't there so should be 2 more??

Watson wasn't about much last year either so maybe 3 more...

Who's the 7? Quinn, O'Connell, Campbell, McAuley, Watson, McCloskey and last one either McGarry or Scullion - presumably the former??

Sleeping giant

Quote from: saffronog on February 26, 2012, 08:26:33 PM
i see alot of the media are talking about a shock antrim win against wexford.  its a good win no doubt, but hardly shocking.  the next games against clare i feel will decide the team for promotion.  really fancy the saffs for they played around 75% today.  Alot of silly mistakes. SG also felt the full forward and even other half forward were nothing special.
Nothing against him,  was just asking as I've never seen him,  always thought his team mate magill would do a job in FF for Antrim
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.