Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: 4father on January 30, 2012, 11:53:09 AM
Quote from: Minder on January 29, 2012, 11:11:51 PM
When we won Antrim Intermediate & Ulster Intermediate in 2005 we won both finals by a point.

Firstly, you still won them and secondly, you are now a much better team than you were back in 2005.  You have basically been a Division 1 side for most of the in between years.  You will walk it.

And you've also got Stevie Fagan along the sidelines

The Down Co board have pulled out of the intermediate club hurling championship in Ulster and will only be entering a team into the Junior club championship as we've failed to compete at that level for a few years now.

Maybe we'll be pulling out of the senior shortly and regrading to intermediate as well!!

Seamroga in exile

Good to see your vote of confidence in us MR2. ;)

We got beat by a full strength Wexford on Saturday by 9 points then were 8 points up on mount leinster on sunday when the ref blew up because of the weather. All in all both good run outs for the lads. Everyone's fit and up for it. No one in LG, especially the squad and mentors, are under any doubt about Na Piarsaigh being big favourites, and rightly so, but we believe we're in with a shout.

I think that's it for the warm up games. Plenty of training to come though. I can't wait to get down that road again.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on January 30, 2012, 12:29:17 PM
Quote from: 4father on January 30, 2012, 11:53:09 AM
Quote from: Minder on January 29, 2012, 11:11:51 PM
When we won Antrim Intermediate & Ulster Intermediate in 2005 we won both finals by a point.

Firstly, you still won them and secondly, you are now a much better team than you were back in 2005.  You have basically been a Division 1 side for most of the in between years.  You will walk it.

And you've also got Stevie Fagan along the sidelines

The Down Co board have pulled out of the interTmediate club hurling championship in Ulster and will only be entering a team into the Junior club championship as we've failed to compete at that level for a few years now.

Maybe we'll be pulling out of the senior shortly and regrading to intermediate as well!!

New regime so not sure if Stevie will be involved.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 30, 2012, 12:54:51 PM

We got beat by a full strength Wexford on Saturday by 9 points then were 8 points up on mount leinster on sunday when the ref blew up because of the weather. All in all both good run outs for the lads. Everyone's fit and up for it. No one in LG, especially the squad and mentors, are under any doubt about Na Piarsaigh being big favourites, and rightly so , but we believe we're in with a shout.

On the recent form of Na Piarsaigh, I don't think you really believe that SIE.

QuoteI think that's it for the warm up games. Plenty of training to come though. I can't wait to get down that road again.

::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on January 30, 2012, 01:58:59 PM

We got beat by a full strength Wexford on Saturday by 9 points then were 8 points up on mount leinster on sunday when the ref blew up because of the weather. All in all both good run outs for the lads. Everyone's fit and up for it. No one in LG, especially the squad and mentors, are under any doubt about Na Piarsaigh being big favourites, and rightly so , but we believe we're in with a shout.

QuoteI think that's it for the warm up games. Plenty of training to come though. I can't wait to get down that road again.

A wee bit touchy there Skull.

Indeed we do believe it. As you should know, warm up games mean nothing at this stage. Na Piarsaigh have to be favourites simply because of the standard of teams they had to play to get to the semi.   

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 30, 2012, 02:07:35 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on January 30, 2012, 01:58:59 PM

Indeed we do believe it. As you should know, warm up games mean nothing at this stage. Na Piarsaigh have to be favourites simply because of the standard of teams they had to play to get to the semi.

You having a dig at the Antrim teams?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 30, 2012, 02:37:09 PM
Nice try MR2.

Someone will bite  :D

Hopefully you will win, Paddy's day on a Saturday also, so plenty down no doubt to watch yis.

What were Mount leinster like? I wouldn't mind a bet on the Middletown team though hard to gauge the game if it was played in poor conditions i suppose.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Conditions were so bad it's hard to gauge a true opinion on what srandard they're really at. I'd think it would be close enough, with MLR slight favourites.

theskull1

Not at all touchy...just thought it was funny

What you've got from the warm up games will have a bearing on the day, otherwise no-one would play them. I think your being disengenuous by stating Na Piarsaigh are still big favourites. You know their recent scorelines better than most I'd say. All standard pre game patter so no harm......but don't think you really believe what you're typing...thats all

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on January 30, 2012, 03:00:43 PM

Not at all touchy...just thought it was funny

What you've got from the warm up games will have a bearing on the day, otherwise no-one would play them. I think your being disengenuous by stating Na Piarsaigh are still big favourites. You know their recent scorelines better than most I'd say. All standard pre game patter so no harm......but don't think you really believe what you're typing...thats all

Never talk your team up Skull, thats a given, we all do it

Seamroga in exile

I did say that I thought we are in with a shout. They're certainly not unbeatable but, no matter what people think on here, Munster club hurling is of a  higher standard than ulster. The Munster champions will always be favourites against Ulster teams.

NAG1

Never much in these games really, especially in Parnell. Be interesting to see the level both teams can get too.

saffronog

not sure Nag been at a few in parnell and the ulster team has suffered.  but do reckon this one will be tight as long as shams start well.  something they can't be accused off in county final.  a 10 minute purple patch simply will not do. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on February 01, 2012, 04:46:16 PM
not sure Nag been at a few in parnell and the ulster team has suffered.  but do reckon this one will be tight as long as shams start well.  something they can't be accused off in county final.  a 10 minute purple patch simply will not do.

Bar lasts years game they usually have been tight, Cushendall have had a draw one year, extra time another year, Dunloy I don't think played that many in Parnell so can't say off hand on their displays at Parnell. I'm sure we will get enough info on it soon enough ;)