Oh dear, Some one loves the limelight.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

maxpower

Some would say he won you a Championship! Not me of course
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Quote from: maxpower on January 28, 2012, 01:35:52 PM
Some would say he won you a Championship! Not me of course

And some out of our club think he cost us a Final appearance!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

We were due a favour from a ref in a final max.

Seamroga in exile

Some might say that,  anyway.

BlackandAmber

Did youse have any challenge matches this weekend?

saffronog

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 28, 2012, 01:08:11 PM
::)   

Oh dear, Some one loves the limelight.

think he was entitled to speak up, yes he lights the limelight as do many i.e. our own man and duffy but he feels passionately that justice wasn't served. 

Glenariffe in intermediate, i reckon there will be a few clubs eager to go to the junior now, but then again i see they have only won 1 game in about 6 years at championship.  Agree that regaining division 1 status has to be the priority.  great to see the gaa again on at the weekend and not long to go for the shamrocks game.  is it on tg4 the price of fuel is scandalous

4father

They should have stayed Senior. Dropping to Intermediate not only shows lack of ambition but also does away with the 'we're a senior club' mentality which is dangerous for youngsters coming through. Glenariffe have been making good strides and have been close enough often in the SHC. Disappointed to hear that and what? For a chance at glory in Croker? Sure they know now that they will cruise through the IHC and UIHC without much of a challenge. What is that really going to do for them?

Milltown Row2

Winning the Antrim Intermediate championship is not a gimme for starters, I think they should have had another crack at senior we played senior for a few (while div 2) years and then entered (we got Loughgiel 3 years on the trot!!) Intermediate.

Middletown have made some ground lately and they are 6/5 to win the final, serious odds and after their display last week they are good for it. Mount Leinster are a decent side also so it should be a goodin. Might watch it, down for the Loughgiel game and head round to cheer them on.

How many will be playing senior this year then? Rossa, St Galls, St Johns, Lamhs, Loughgiel, Cushendall, Ballycastle, Dunloy.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Craving the all Ireland glory journey or just lacking ambition?

A bit of both I think. Regardless the senior hurling championship suffers
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on January 29, 2012, 10:37:32 PM
Craving the all Ireland glory journey or just lacking ambition?

A bit of both I think. Regardless the senior hurling championship suffers

It will suffer if there are only 8. Though we have 8 teams in Div 1 we only have 5 Antrim teams in it ............

theskull1

Quote from: BlackandAmber on January 29, 2012, 08:05:05 PM
Did youse have any challenge matches this weekend?

Reading on anfearrua that lg's sf opponents got another pasting this time against Waterford. A great opertunity awaits the shams
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

In the bag then  ;) 5/2 very generous  :D

Minder

Quote from: 4father on January 29, 2012, 10:17:01 PM
They should have stayed Senior. Dropping to Intermediate not only shows lack of ambition but also does away with the 'we're a senior club' mentality which is dangerous for youngsters coming through. Glenariffe have been making good strides and have been close enough often in the SHC. Disappointed to hear that and what? For a chance at glory in Croker? Sure they know now that they will cruise through the IHC and UIHC without much of a challenge. What is that really going to do for them?

When we won Antrim Intermediate & Ulster Intermediate in 2005 we won both finals by a point.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

4father

Quote from: Minder on January 29, 2012, 11:11:51 PM
When we won Antrim Intermediate & Ulster Intermediate in 2005 we won both finals by a point.

Firstly, you still won them and secondly, you are now a much better team than you were back in 2005.  You have basically been a Division 1 side for most of the in between years.  You will walk it.