Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 02, 2012, 01:52:09 PM
And reiterate again I don't give two fcks about Rasharkin, UC and Antrim and what they do, the treatment of RM by all three parties in this process and referee's in the future is my only concern.

Not sure who you are - doesn't really matter - however you don't give two fcks about Antrim, only referees, and then you proceed to declare that a lot of them are poor anyway which is hardly supporting referees.

If you don't give a fck then what will your role be in future? Seems there are many personal agendas going on with your posts.

I don't pretend to know what's going on here but you're coming on here doing a lot of maligning of, lots of, different people. You're not doing yourself or your cause, whatever that is exactly, any favours.

Loughgiel or Cushendall to win next year as I think Dunloy have slipped back a bit. Cushendall. if they had the forwards, would win it but not sure they do unless some of the underage talent starts coming through.

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: 4father on January 03, 2012, 04:07:52 PM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 03, 2012, 09:47:33 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on January 02, 2012, 10:57:31 PM
Mibag .... you're shouting at folk who "are unaware of "the facts"" but surely you want people to understand your POV? You're attitude isn't helping bring that about

Point taken theskull, rays treatment in the whole scheme of things has been ridiculous to say the least, its difficult to read some of the BS that is posted from time to time when I think of the crap we referee's have to take year in year out and the few games you actually get that gives you the satisfaction and enjoyment in doing the role to start off with, and I am aware that the standard of refereeing is poor in Antrim bar a few lads in both codes, and yes that is the counties and referee's committees fault for not having a structured set up that continually monitors referee's performance and fitness and educates them in the rule book, I doubt 40% would pass a rules test in the morning if you set them to task, but still this weakness does not excuse what has taken place.

No disrespect at all meant here and I am definitely not on the wind up here but you didn't answer the question.  What went on that wasn't how it should have went on?
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 03, 2012, 04:40:53 PM
And reiterate again I don't give two fcks about Rasharkin, UC and Antrim and what they do, the treatment of RM by all three parties in this process and referee's in the future is my only concern.

Not sure who you are - doesn't really matter - however you don't give two fcks about Antrim, only referees, and then you proceed to declare that a lot of them are poor anyway which is hardly supporting referees.

If you don't give a fck then what will your role be in future? Seems there are many personal agendas going on with your posts.

I don't pretend to know what's going on here but you're coming on here doing a lot of maligning of, lots of, different people. You're not doing yourself or your cause, whatever that is exactly, any favours.

Loughgiel or Cushendall to win next year as I think Dunloy have slipped back a bit. Cushendall. if they had the forwards, would win it but not sure they do unless some of the underage talent starts coming through.

Imtommygunn I have no cause and I am the first to admit honestly our refereeing standards are poor but that doesn't make them bad people does it? the reality is they have been let down by the county and referee's committee who will not set structures in place to improve standards and allow better quality of officialdom during games.

4father I am not here to answer in relation to specifics, eventually it will all come out as most of us know nothing stays secret in the GAA for too long. Ask your secretary for the details of the appeal that Antrim are making and that should set you on the right track. On a lighter note you should join the stoop down low party, there is a definite ring to your pros. ;)

CornerBackNo2

Lads please say a prayer for Jody Watson, a St John's Minor player, who is in intensive care in hospital following an accident on Saturday night. Hopefully he can pull through this

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 03, 2012, 09:47:33 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on January 02, 2012, 10:57:31 PM
Mibag .... you're shouting at folk who "are unaware of "the facts"" but surely you want people to understand your POV? You're attitude isn't helping bring that about

Point taken theskull, rays treatment in the whole scheme of things has been ridiculous to say the least, its difficult to read some of the BS that is posted from time to time when I think of the crap we referee's have to take year in year out and the few games you actually get that gives you the satisfaction and enjoyment in doing the role to start off with, and I am aware that the standard of refereeing is poor in Antrim bar a few lads in both codes, and yes that is the counties and referee's committees fault for not having a structured set up that continually monitors referee's performance and fitness and educates them in the rule book, I doubt 40% would pass a rules test in the morning if you set them to task, but still this weakness does not excuse what has taken place.

While I have agreed with much of what you have been saying up until now, MIBAG, you could maybe start the ball rolling, by putting forward some sound proposals as to how we can address these shortcomings in the future.

MickeyMacMhagUidhir

Quote from: MickeyMacMhagUidhir on January 02, 2012, 09:48:38 PM

Are you proposing to do anything about it Mibag?  What's the feeling among other referees, are they going to strike, refuse to do games or is this just all idle talk?

Actions speak louder than words and all that crap -  I could think of a few referees (without naming names) who I would not trust in the slightest, when push comes to shove. It would be interesting to see who stands up to be counted?  The egotists among them - will adopt the usual self preservation stance I would assume!
Ahoy there Mibag.  No response to my questions?  Come on lad, what is your stance here?
"Opinions are like ass-holes, everybody has one"

"Sure we wont go away ya know"

the waffler

hope the young johnnies lad fine

samboswig

Jaysus hope the young fella is alright.

4father

Quote from: samboswig on January 04, 2012, 03:12:41 PM

Yes, I hope the lad will be ok.

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 03, 2012, 05:59:01 PM
4father I am not here to answer in relation to specifics, eventually it will all come out as most of us know nothing stays secret in the GAA for too long. Ask your secretary for the details of the appeal that Antrim are making and that should set you on the right track. On a lighter note you should join the stoop down low party, there is a definite ring to your pros. ;)

In the absence of any information offered by you, how do you expect to change my opinion?  And I didn't understand what you meant about the SDLP and my 'pros'?

btdtgtt

Anyone have any idea on when this year's fixtures are released?
Or when are the championship draws?

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: 4father on January 04, 2012, 07:22:12 PM

In the absence of any information offered by you, how do you expect to change my opinion?  And I didn't understand what you meant about the SDLP and my 'pros'?

Why would I want to change your opinion?

4father

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 02, 2012, 01:35:23 PM
To assume (ass u me) and then to presume is where you go wrong so anything after that is pure BS... jesus you really are full of it aren't you... unless you actually know what your talking about and are in full possession of the facts then stay off these sites  and refrain from spouting BS... read the detail instead of jumping on the bandwagon...

In fairness, you wrote enough times that I know nothing but BS, that i'm full of it and that I should stay off this unless i am in full possession of the facts etc etc etc.  It would be a bit silly telling me all of this and then ask me why I would want you to change my opinion don't you think?

ManInBlackandGreen

Again you seem to have a selective memory, you came on spouting the phrase democratic this and that,bringing the game into disrepute and so and so on, based on pure hearsay, granted they where your opinions, but to reiterate based on nothing. I am aware of the full facts that in time will take there course, however my problem is with the treatment in all this of a good referee and a genuine lad, that we have now lost because of peoples agendas, which completely lost sight of the facts and now we have lost RM, this should never have happened. Ultimately who is responsible for this, UC. County,and Referee's committee, a man and his officials where badly assaulted yes, and the authorities will deal with that in due course, my point has always centered around RM and how he has been treated which you have never engaged on, and that's all that concerns me.

4father

Asides from your problem with my posts, I have zero problem with most of yours.  RM is indeed a good lad and I hope he reverses his decision.  More importantly, I hope that the likes of you, him and everyone else get to work in drawing something up that could maybe go national that will ensure that respect for referee's is paramount.  I have no problem with that.

Your first little rant is ridiculous.  What I wrote (and stand by) is based on the fact that I know that Rasharkin appealed to the Ulster council.  That right cannot be refused.  It is in our constitution and rules.  Simple.

CornerBackNo2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 05, 2012, 08:23:45 AM
Quote from: 4father on January 04, 2012, 07:22:12 PM

Why would I want to change your opinion?

Just to update, Jody is now out of intensive care and progressing in his recovery

4father

Great news all around.  For him, for the driver, their families and St Johns.