Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Not surprised

Time for Mickey to come out of retirement to make up the numbers
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

playwiththewind1st

The referee attacked at an Under-21 game in October has resigned after the punishments handed out to the Rasharkin club were reduced by Ulster GAA chiefs.

Ray Matthews said he was extremely annoyed, disappointed and disgusted at the outcome of the club's appeal.

He added that he had feared for his life when he was assaulted after the Antrim U-21 semi-final in Ballymena.

Rasharkin will now be allowed to play in adult league and championship competitions in Antrim in 2012.

The county board had originally banned the club from all competitions above minor grade for the year.

Rasharkin's home ground will remain closed for senior matches next year and club's adult teams will have to play all their games at away venues.

The Ulster Council's appeal judgement said that any further transgressions over the next two years could see the original bans re-imposed.

The Antrim county board also has the option of appealing against the provincial body's ruling.

Rasharkin's appeal to the Ulster Council only concerned the sanctions handed to the club - not the hefty individual bans imposed on some club personnel.

The Antrim board expelled one player, two club members and a member of the Rasharkin coaching staff.

Matthews was taken to hospital after being assaulted at the end of the Antrim Under-21 championship semi-final game against Belfast club Lamh Dhearg.

Rasharkin remain banned from the Under-21 Championship.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 20, 2011, 03:24:46 PM
Loughgiel All Ireland semi confirmed for Parnell pk, 11/2/12.

Challenge games vs ucd, kkenny, dublin, carlow, queens, antrim and middletown over next 6 weeks. Training new years eve and day.

A Saturday match. Good stuff. Weekend in Dublin. Few drinks place a bet  ;) watch game, collect winnings.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Forever Green

What are the odds on Loughgiel winning the All Ireland?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Forever Green on December 20, 2011, 09:11:10 PM
8/1 Paddy Power

10/1 Ladbrokes
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 20, 2011, 06:41:49 PM
I hear RM has resigned as a ref on the back of the Rasharkin appeal outcome.

it has made 4th headline on the BBC website - what a shower they are

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/16274168.stm
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Forever Green

12/1 for a Loughgiel win is very good odds. Think I might stick 50 quid on that one. You`s better not let me down  ;D  ;)

btdtgtt

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 20, 2011, 10:29:11 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 20, 2011, 06:41:49 PM
I hear RM has resigned as a ref on the back of the Rasharkin appeal outcome.

it has made 4th headline on the BBC website - what a shower they are

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/16274168.stm

What do u expect? Ulster council gave them the stick to beat us with!
Cannot blame RM on this - one thing refs have no support at matchday but now the blazers don't support them either!

samboswig

Yeah have to agree that the Ulster Council decision undermines the whole thing and now essentially says that ya can lash away.

I never had much time for that referee but this is completely inexusable for this great assoshheeaattion of ours.

He was always chitterin and talking too much during games, and generally gettin on like a melter but throwin a boulder at anyone is pushing it by anyones standards.

I can genuinely see now a lack of new referees coming through - a bit like a shortage of priests in our parishes.

Why would anyone now want to be a referee? How can we play our games without referees?

imtommygunn

Quote from: samboswig on December 21, 2011, 01:44:15 PM
He was always chitterin and talking too much during games, and generally gettin on like a melter but throwin a boulder at anyone is pushing it by anyones standards.

Thre weren't any boulders thrown. That was ridiculous rumours.

glens73

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2011, 10:01:15 PM
Quote from: glens73 on December 20, 2011, 09:52:25 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 20, 2011, 09:49:39 PM
8/1 Paddy Power

10/1 Ladbrokes

http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/gaelic-games/hurling/all-ireland-club-hurling-championship/winner

12/1 stan james

Can you get each way?

I doubt you would get each way for a semi-final match, it would effectively be the price of winning their semi-final (not just in normal time)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: glens73 on December 21, 2011, 02:50:39 PM
8/1 Paddy Power

10/1 Ladbrokes

http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/gaelic-games/hurling/all-ireland-club-hurling-championship/winner

12/1 stan james

Can you get each way?

I doubt you would get each way for a semi-final match, it would effectively be the price of winning their semi-final (not just in normal time)

Each way for the final lad!!! 12/1 with Stan's currently is a good each way bet for the final

glens73

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2011, 03:17:22 PM
Quote from: glens73 on December 21, 2011, 02:50:39 PM
8/1 Paddy Power

10/1 Ladbrokes

12/1 stan james

Can you get each way?

Each way for the final lad!!! 12/1 with Stan's currently is a good each way bet for the final

That's what I meant, each way for the touranment, as such. The best bet for Loughgiel to qualify for the final, at present, is 9/4 with Paddy Power. I doubt there is an each way market available with only 4 teams left.