Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oisinog

Quote from: saffronog on December 08, 2011, 05:36:06 PM
I would have o connell sub to dd and then fight between the other 2 for 3 rd, so far so good jerry.  Some boys will get heave in Feb or March when Shams back in town.  Good to see dd back.

I have had numerous discussions about this with mates. How can you justify having a player on the county team not getting match time for his clubs first team.

Granted he is a good keeper but he will be DDs understudy for a few more years

pdiddy

IF a player is good enough then I have no problem with him being 2nd choice in his own club. IF CoC is a better keeper than the other 2 then he should be in the squad.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

saffronog

With the Shams he still seems to get a bit, plus now at this stage he has reasonable inter county experience.  Plus if he is better than those other two and is good trainer he will be that bit sharper.  With the game time maybe these guys will get closer to sham keepers but at present imo they ain't as good.

pdiddy

Did martin scullion opt out or was he left out? Loughgiel's player of the year this year!
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on December 08, 2011, 02:52:27 PM
I would have thought the likelihood of DD returning would be slim.
I have it on good authority, without actually talking to the man himself, that he is indeed returning to the Antrim fold. Great to see it as he's been in great form the past couple of years.

Quote from: oisinog on December 08, 2011, 06:16:13 PMGranted he is a good keeper but he will be DDs understudy for a few more years
Surely good enough reason to be selected.

Quote from: pdiddy on December 08, 2011, 07:39:38 PM
Did martin scullion opt out or was he left out? Loughgiel's player of the year this year!
He opted out.

It would appear that Jerry/Gerry Wallis/Wallace knows his onions when it comes to managing a county panel.  It looks like a panel that represents just about the best we have in the county. If everyone commits fully then it could be a good year. I would also reiterate what has already been stated about keeping everyone informed, very refreshing.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffronog

Agree Sie, can fault him thus far.

the colonel

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 08, 2011, 08:41:39 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 08, 2011, 02:52:27 PM
I would have thought the likelihood of DD returning would be slim.
I have it on good authority, without actually talking to the man himself, that he is indeed returning to the Antrim fold. Great to see it as he's been in great form the past couple of years.

Quote from: oisinog on December 08, 2011, 06:16:13 PMGranted he is a good keeper but he will be DDs understudy for a few more years
Surely good enough reason to be selected.

Quote from: pdiddy on December 08, 2011, 07:39:38 PM
He opted out.

It would appear that Jerry/Gerry Wallis/Wallace knows his onions when it comes to managing a county panel.  It looks like a panel that represents just about the best we have in the county. If everyone commits fully then it could be a good year. I would also reiterate what has already been stated about keeping everyone informed, very refreshing.

DD turned up to one of the trials so I think that clearly states his intention. Pity about Martin Scullion. I think he is a good keeper, but I would rate Ronan higher. I would imagine that he will have had a good look at Ronan and Seanan by the time time LG play. I think Jerry will finish with two, and in my opinion that would be DD and Ronan
the difference between success and failure is energy

saffronog

He will finish with 3 I reckon and that would be chance for the other 2, or else its sham 1 2 for me.  Have to dall keeper good poc out but imo isn't as strong under dropping ball, looks little awkward at times. Mctoal seems to dive alot, very agile and fast.  Colonel where is paddy mcgill ??

the colonel

Quote from: saffronog on December 08, 2011, 09:18:48 PM
He will finish with 3 I reckon and that would be chance for the other 2, or else its sham 1 2 for me.  Have to dall keeper good poc out but imo isn't as strong under dropping ball, looks little awkward at times. Mctoal seems to dive alot, very agile and fast.  Colonel where is paddy mcgill ??

Not something I would be very sure about CO'C. Paddys own club form would need to become consistent. Not sure if he has the appetite for county hurling either. When Paddys on form hes deadly.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Sleeping giant

anyone fancy naming the best team out of that lot?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Glensman

Quote from: the colonel on December 08, 2011, 02:16:53 PM
There's certainly one or two I wouldn't have near it, and there would be one or two that were excluded there that I would have included. Good basis to start considering the LG players won't be there until their campaign is over. 2 keepers need for training from January 1st and Seanan and Ronan will provide that. I would imagine that DD would be the first choice and could be a fight between the other three to get another spot.

Who else would you have included Colonel?

Re further conversations about keepers it's DD and Kearney for me as well.

antrimgeal1989

hard but ill give it a go

1. DD
2. Undecided...kieran mcgourty??
3. Hippy
4. Graffin
5. McAuley
6. J Campbell
7. Gettins maybe??
8. Shorty
9. Barney
10. Shane
11. Kark S
12. Eddie/ Joey
13. Winker
14. NMcM
15. Pj/Conor Mccann/Darren Hamill

antrimgeal1989

forgot to mention that martin scullion would walk into that half back line and do a fantastic job

simon mccrory isnt far from that starting team either

what is neil mcgarrys situation??

saffronog

Mightn't be too far away

Dd
M gettens
C donnelly
C mc courty
A graffin
J Campbell
N mcauley
P sheils
M herron
L Watson
N mcmanus
S mc crory
S mc naughtonk
K Stewart
e mc closkey

imtommygunn

Good to see Barney McAuley back in there.

6 McManus 7 Campbell

10 PJ 12 McCloskey

13 Shane 14. Watson 15. McCann

All the rest as per antrim geals...