16 Damien Quinn Loughgiel
17 Chris O'Connell Loughgiel
18 Barney  McAuley Loughgiel
19 John Campbell Loughgiel
20 Eddie McCloskey Loughgiel
21 Joey Scullion Loughgiel
22 Liam Watson Loughgiel

Minder

So it is actually a training panel that will be cut before the first league game by the looks of it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

oisinog

I heard its going to be reviewed again in February. There are 4 keepers named there.

If you take away the 7 loughgiel players there is still more that the normal National League Panel

btdtgtt

I think it is a good decision to name 36 - allows for the extra numbers until the Shamrocks return - then cut it when they do. As for the actual 36 I dont think we should read alot into it until the national league squad is announced - then we can all disagree!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Noticed that one myself

jeremiah

Yeah, just one is a bit disappointing. I thought Michael Turley would have got a look in given his recent form with Queens. I think Michael Armstrong is concentrating on Football with the County this year as well.

There was a bit more added on the County website

The following Players who have/were involved in the Antrim Senior Hurling Panel of 2011 are not included in the initial 2012 Senior Inter-County Hurling Training Group.
*These Players have personally indicated their intentions to retire from Inter-County Hurling to Diarmuid de Bhailis, Bainisteoir Foirne 2012

Ciaran Herron   Kevin Lynch's
Karl McKeegan   Cushendall
Sean Delargy   Cushendall

*The following Players will focus their development and involvement in Inter-County Hurling within the Under 21   Development Squad.
They will be closely monitored by Senior Hurling Management (as will all the Under 21 Development Squad)

Conor McCann         Creggan
James Black         Carey Faughs
James McCouaig         Carey Faughs
Mathew Donnelly   Ballycastle
Paddy McNaughton   Cushendall

*The players below are released back to their Clubs to regain fitness, recover from injuries and play consistently. They will be closely monitored by Senior Hurling Management, as will other Players that played in trial games or that missed the trial process;

Thomas McCann Creggan
Ciaran Cunningham   St John's
Stephen Shannon   Rossa
Paddy Doherty           Dunloy
Neil O'Connell          Clooney Gaels
Kevin Molloy           Dunloy
Kevin McKeague     Dunloy
Conor McKinley           Dunloy
Chris McGuiness     Rossa
Sean Hawes           Lamh Dhearg
Michael Armstrong   Rossa

theskull1

I think thats a good open way of picking a panel and more importantly leaving the door open for the rest to get themselves into contention

Thats good communication..well done
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the colonel

There's certainly one or two I wouldn't have near it, and there would be one or two that were excluded there that I would have included. Good basis to start considering the LG players won't be there until their campaign is over. 2 keepers need for training from January 1st and Seanan and Ronan will provide that. I would imagine that DD would be the first choice and could be a fight between the other three to get another spot.
the difference between success and failure is energy

oisinog

I would like to see Ronan as the number 2 there. Seanan is not just as consistant at Ronan and no harm to young o'connell if you dont start for your club you should not be there for your county

NAG1

I would have thought the likelihood of DD returning would be slim.

I have to commend them on the way this was carried out and communicated leaves everyone very clear and where they stand and what they have to do in the next few months.

btdtgtt

I am looking more at the Belfast side of things here.
St Galls men strong hurlers - no Gallagher obviously football.
Lamh Dearg maybe a claim on a few more if only comparing to others on the list.
The Rossa man I don't know but I see the others are listed in the "extras" are strong hurlers.
St John's offer the usual names from last year - squad players only at county level.
Those Sarsfields & St pauls boys might benefit from the experience but they are not good enough for division 1 club hurling.
I would prefer not to comment on the St Agnes (or is that stpauls!) representitive!!

the colonel

Certainly the St Agnes inclusion is a bit off the cuff!! what age would he be now anyway? Very surprised Conor McCann is not included.
the difference between success and failure is energy

upthem

Calling all past, present and future QUB and UUJ Gaels!
Thursday 15th Decembers sees the greatest university rivalry spill over into the ring with QUB and UUJ GAA coming head to head in Fight Knight at the Queen's PEC at 7pm.
Come and see some of the upcoming names in Ulster GAA take to the ring. This is a night not to be missed!
Tickets costing £15 are available from the PEC, UUJ Sportscentre, committee members or email fight_night11@yahoo.com
Follow us on facebook at 'Fight Knight'

saffronog

I would have o connell sub to dd and then fight between the other 2 for 3 rd, so far so good jerry.  Some boys will get heave in Feb or March when Shams back in town.  Good to see dd back.