Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2011, 10:50:39 PM
You could run a bus with all the Ballymena ones Saff ;)
Sure you could catch a lift with them, save on the oul red biddy MR2.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

I'll be there, like i was last time and the years before. I'll stay over, have a few to celebrate also ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pdiddy

Here guys, didn't you know Max had banned all talk of this All Ireland melarky  :P
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

pdiddy

Any white smoke from the Dunloy camp yet on their new manager?  Decision was to be made last night.  Maybe we're not allowed to talk about that either  ;)
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Glensman

Query - may be a general one but also applies in Antrim (given the Rasharkin sanctions).

A team gets banned for a year...

1. Do they get relegated immediately? (and therefore does a team that got relegated the year before have a claim to be reinstated?).

OR

2. Do they sit at the bottom of the table, with 0 points, and simly get relegated as the bottom club the following year?

This is all dependent on whether the relevant club in question wins any appeal etc of course.

NAG1

My take on it would be that they would stay effectively in the division and be relegated at the end of the year with no points. I dont think that any relegated team would have any course for reinstatement into their previous division.

Magicsponge

Quote from: Glensman on December 05, 2011, 11:31:29 AM
Query - may be a general one but also applies in Antrim (given the Rasharkin sanctions).

1. Do they get relegated immediately? (and therefore does a team that got relegated the year before have a claim to be reinstated?).

OR

2. Do they sit at the bottom of the table, with 0 points, and simly get relegated as the bottom club the following year?

This is all dependent on whether the relevant club in question wins any appeal etc of course.

I would imagine they would stay in Div 1 (football) and Div 3 (hurling) this year but would be unable to play their games and therefore get relegated that way. If they were relegated straight away would this not mean they would be relegated twice, in football anyway as they wouldn't be able to play games in div 2 or 4. It would be easier to let them stay in their current divisions this year because if they got relegated immediately then you would have to decide what teams would be in the divisions impacted by this, would rasharkin take moneglasses/Glenravel's place in getting relegated or would Portglenone/St Teresa's be promoted

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: Glensman on December 05, 2011, 11:31:29 AM

OR

We would in theory still be in Div 1 football and Div 3 hurling for the 2012 season, still have to pay our affiliations etc. As the judgement stands at mo we could not fulfill  any fixture and would finish the season with zero points and would thus be relegated at the end of the 2012 season.

Rasharkin Gael

Who is in for the Dunloy job?

btdtgtt

Club AGM time of year then!
Keep us all in the loop with any developments I will try to do some News of the World style mitching on the Belfast clubs!
Is county convention left until after the club AGM's then?
As an optimisit I am choosing to view this is the testing ground for the new season and a light at the ent of the dark winter!
If only we could all be more like the Shamrocks and still be in this season!

saffronog

mr2 still barking up the wrong tree, not a sham, but if they get to final i will go and support.  one thing i'll say is they are probably one of the best supported clubs in ireland.  always take a crowd with them.

Minder

I hear Jerry made the phone calls tonight and has finalised a 35 man squad for the National League.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on December 05, 2011, 10:00:10 PM
I hear Jerry made the phone calls tonight and has finalised a 35 man squad for the National League.

Just off the phone there, told him i wasn't interested and he needs to go with youth ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Jerry has a preference for good athletes by all accounts, has this thrown up any otherwise surprise inclusions. Opens the door for you MR2 ;D

Minder

We have three on the panel.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"