Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Jesus Christ grow f**king up!!!  anything to be santering!! 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 03, 2011, 07:48:18 PM
Jesus Christ grow f**king up!!!  anything to be santering!!

Yep.  Somebody should of said that to W4nker.

Seamroga in exile

I'm getting visions of mountains and molehills here and jumping bandwagons. It wasn't malicious at all. If anyone else had have said it no one would have been commenting on it at all. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

BlackandAmber

Youse won't be having nightmares about Crusheen or Na Piarsaigh on these performances anyway.  ;D  Youse will want the Limerick boys saying as they depend so much on Dowling.

Seamroga in exile

I think Na Piarsaigh hurled rightly them last 15 minutes B+A. We'll have to get Liam to call Dowling a cry baby since what he says has such influence on other teams' players. 

Were yous boys having a laugh or what? It gave me the giggles I have to say.    :P

saffronog

Na pairsaigh have some real talent though reckon wee lad who got the 1-3 near the death in that game won't trouble ding gillan.  However unless there is serious lapse in concentration and an bit of under estimating I expect, Shams to be defeated.

BlackandAmber

I think youse are in with a real shout now. Crusheen ran out of steam in the 2nd half after last weeks efforts. Na Piarsaigh are weak in defence except for that O'Brien and he's a bit slow. Downes was disapponiting and saffronogs right about Gillan.  Dowling is class but looks like he might be inconsistent.

Bodies to meet another Offaly team in the final?

Seamroga in exile

That would be great B+A but no one in Loughgiel is thinking like that. We all know we're big underdogs for the semi and rightly so. However, if we play well and the ball rolls for us we're capable of beating Na Piarsiagh. I still say it's a big ask. But you never know.  Roll on February!!! 

saffronog

I know its rough guide, but a team that gets to final on st paddys tends to he giving the county teams a good run for their money in challenge games.  Hopefully no Walsh cup games will allow a few challenge games for jerry and his merry men.  Laois, wexford, westmeath should tell Shams if they'll be close.  Did they play any of these last year Sie.  If so how did they get on????

Seamroga in exile

I think they held Wexford to 5 or 6 last time out Saffron og. Not sure though. No doubt there'll be a few games down south before feb.

Milltown Row2

Would have less chat about it lads in fairness, the Limerick team know they are no world beaters and will certainly go into this game expecting it to be real tough, with the experience that Loughgiel have they won't underestimate ya's.

Have said already that this was the best draw, (Munster) as they haven't been great of late so it's all down to the prep work put in from now to Feb. Some teams would be better suited to play off the games now and not have the wait over Xmas and Jan.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

actually held James Stephens to a draw last year in friendly, again, these games mean nothing,  i expect a serious hard game in Feb,  better chance playing a 'bigger name'  more chance they would take the win for granted,   this is there first time here and wont be taking anyone lightly i would think, will be a big ask, but you never no!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

imtommygunn

The wee corner forward couldn't hit a barn door until the last 5 and then went on fire. Downes is a great player - any time he got the ball today he was instantly surrounded - Loughgiel will need to do the same.

Putting high balls in and around O'Brien looks like a no no too.

Na Parsiagh strong favourites but sure nothing to lose for Loughgiel.

saffronog

Mean nothing results wise sg, but important, especially for Shams as have been pushed that much and havent had serious game for long time.  It also will give Shams management chance to see there first 20.  The guy downes is superb, I think he won't be as physically challenge against mcgarry.  Dowling midfield special.  It will take shamrocks running and taking on men.  Mccloskey on form no problem, wee benny boy and off course the man himself.  No nonsense with frees this time either.  A good start can put serious pressure on a team, but na pairsaigh have been battled hardened and stack  will have them focused and champing at bit.  Look forward to Feb definitely, double header on tg4 me hopes.

Milltown Row2

You could run a bus with all the Ballymena ones Saff ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea