Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffronog

Looking ard to a few beers and tg4, tomorrow, I agree oulart and na piarsaigh to win, and a gort sham final what odds ?????

Glensman

Any team info on those Queens teams? Where were the bulk of players from?

Would be great to see a team step in to Fitzgibbon.

As previously alluded to Dick O'Kane took a good UUJ crop a couple of years ago that got to the B semi/final.

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on November 25, 2011, 02:52:30 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 23, 2011, 11:01:44 PM
Hardly! No northern universities play fitzgibbon any more! Interesting game in final all the same...

2 of the greatest days in my entire GAA life were to watch the Queen's team that beat Maynooth in a Fitzgbbon preliminary at Knockbridge in the early 1980s & then, to top that, getting to a Fitzgibbon Cup final in 1985 against UCC in Croke Park, after beating UCD the day before. They were beaten by 7 points, but no matter - it was some achievement even getting to the final.

QUB were playing divsion 1 universities hurling in those days & they have fallen an almighty way since those heady days.

saffronog

Limerick boys not getting much from ref at minute

4father

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2011, 07:04:59 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 20, 2011, 06:46:33 PM
Bad luck Creggan.

Gory rumours beyond me but nit sure about Rossa - they have a history of turning down people involved in fall-outs with other clubs! See sars and a few johnnies!

Mind u maybe something - panzer dad is originally a Rossa man?

Aye Panzer's da is a Rossa man alright. Gorts had a big fall out during the year i know. Had Sambo down working withy them and it still didn't help

I don't want to return to this for any length of time but just to let you know,i met Martin Flanigan in the bookies yesterday who filled me in on the names of the lads who are exiting. I don't know the kids but I know some of their families.

EDITED.  4 players definitely confirmed as leaving.  I deleted the names there, hardly fair on them.

He seems to think that the club is in turmoil and might even go down in the football and hurling next year because of this and a rake of lads who went to england to study.  Bad times for them.  I'm sure Martin will never tell me a thing again if he sees this!  :D

How's the training going with the Loughguile lads?  I haven't been keeping an eye on the board recently (death in the family) I wish ye all the luck in the world in your fundraising and your on-field preparation.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on November 27, 2011, 02:32:17 PM
Limerick boys not getting much from ref at minute

Loughgiel will have to play in Antrim colours after today's game i fear. Na Piarsaigh were lucky to win last time out, had a great spell and that effectively won the match for them. They could still get a purple patch again.

Don't be naming names 4father, willy out in bar!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

4father

You're right, deleted the names there.  Didn't think when I wrote that, hardly fair on the lads because its only hearsay

saffronog

They did hit little purple patch.  Oulart beaten, haven't seen game but laim dunne, and wexford job has had to ne a little distracting.

Seamroga in exile

Crusheen and Na Piarsaigh a draw.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Glensman on November 27, 2011, 12:21:38 AM

As previously alluded to Dick O'Kane took a good UUJ crop a couple of years ago that got to the B semi/final.

Hardly! No northern universities play fitzgibbon any more! Interesting game in final all the same...

2 of the greatest days in my entire GAA life were to watch the Queen's team that beat Maynooth in a Fitzgbbon preliminary at Knockbridge in the early 1980s & then, to top that, getting to a Fitzgibbon Cup final in 1985 against UCC in Croke Park, after beating UCD the day before. They were beaten by 7 points, but no matter - it was some achievement even getting to the final.

QUB were playing divsion 1 universities hurling in those days & they have fallen an almighty way since those heady days.

Dick O'Kane took UUJ to a Ryan Cup final (which, as I understand it, is the Division 2 championship) in Dublin 2 years ago where they were beaten by Mary I from Limerick. UUJ had McManus, Graffin and McAuley playing for them - i think Mary I had Shane McGrath of Tipp and Gary Hurney of Waterford playing. UUJ were competitive until they had a man sent off for two quick yellows in the second half.

I'm nearly sure a St Mary's/Belfast Tech combination won the Division 3 cup that weekend.

gelvis

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on November 27, 2011, 05:44:37 PM
Quote from: Glensman on November 27, 2011, 12:21:38 AM

Dick O'Kane took UUJ to a Ryan Cup final (which, as I understand it, is the Division 2 championship) in Dublin 2 years ago where they were beaten by Mary I from Limerick. UUJ had McManus, Graffin and McAuley playing for them - i think Mary I had Shane McGrath of Tipp and Gary Hurney of Waterford playing. UUJ were competitive until they had a man sent off for two quick yellows in the second half.

I'm nearly sure a St Mary's/Belfast Tech combination won the Division 3 cup that weekend.

Aye the UUJ man sent off was that "Brick" McCarthy from Cushendall.  He was a real prospect back in the minors.  What ever happened to him?
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

antrimgeal1989

bad run of injuries. cushendall could do with him fit again

saffronog

Injuries bad job, however I had heard attitude was also questionable

btdtgtt

Shocks for me anyway in the club hurling games - Shamrocks will be rubbing their hands!

I dare say Gort will kiss and make up! Without getting personal names does anyone know what the fall out is over?

Sleeping giant

can honestly say i fancied coolderry, haven't been on this in a bit, Shamrocks will still have to hurl like never before to beat either side, yes of corse any side in Antrim would of took the way the draw could go before a game was played, that being said, will still be very tough, i think i would prefer the Claire men, training starts this week ;)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.