Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffronog

Herrons might not be as physical as u minder, ciaran maybe not so much so but others put themselves about.  Few more families like that would help county.  Are u managing some team next year Mr2 ?  Who was galls manager this year ? Does he fancy it again or will u be giving him run for his money ?

saffronog

5.30 to get up at, are u in different country Sie, or goin on the massey

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffronog on November 17, 2011, 10:43:58 PM
5.30 to get up at, are u in different country Sie, or goin on the massey
I work in a different county unfortunately.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffronog

Sign of times, a lot of hurlers been taken away from teams due to this

,  herrons also aggressive, your sort of shit stir that would pick up on language used. Minder ???

pdiddy

Quote from: saffronog on November 17, 2011, 10:50:39 PM
Sign of times, a lot of hurlers been taken away from teams due to this

,  herrons also aggressive, your sort of shit stir that would pick up on language used. Minder ???

SIE works in a different County not Country, and he has to get up to go to work at 5.30am the day after the Munsfer final.  ::)
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

the colonel

Quote from: theskull1 on November 17, 2011, 10:24:47 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 17, 2011, 09:45:43 PM
Quote from: pdiddy on November 17, 2011, 03:23:20 PM
Is AG the guy that played full forward against Cushendall in the Championship?
Yep. Was that a brother up there with him?

Did he not play left half forward? Think youre mixing him up with Anton something or other ???

Skull your correct Anton McCafferty was Full forward. He also plays for St Marys. He had a brother at wing forward for St Marys although I don't know if he was playing for st galls that day against us. Aidan Gallagher was wing forward that championship game in Loughgiel
the difference between success and failure is energy

Just Puck It

Quote from: the colonel on November 18, 2011, 02:50:08 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 17, 2011, 10:24:47 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 17, 2011, 09:45:43 PM
Quote from: pdiddy on November 17, 2011, 03:23:20 PM
Is AG the guy that played full forward against Cushendall in the Championship?
Yep. Was that a brother up there with him?

Did he not play left half forward? Think youre mixing him up with Anton something or other ???

Skull your correct Anton McCafferty was Full forward. He also plays for St Marys. He had a brother at wing forward for St Marys although I don't know if he was playing for st galls that day against us. Aidan Gallagher was wing forward that championship game in Loughgiel

Ciaran McCaffery is his brother - he was a sub against Cushendall in the Championship but didn't feature.

saffronog

Some squad at 21 trials wouldn't fancy running rule over that lot

saffronog

Is paddy mcgill current antrim panelist ??

johnneycool

Quote from: the waffler on November 17, 2011, 05:46:12 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 16, 2011, 06:16:52 AM
Quote from: the waffler on November 16, 2011, 05:20:01 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 15, 2011, 10:43:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2011, 10:34:34 PM
That's  not the case if they have been underperforming Skull. Carryduff have won the Down minor championship this year so ther has been a steady decline of the Down teams, but Portaferry have always managed to beat us handy every year, decent team to.

??? I don't understand what youre saying there milltown

It could be argued that Carryduff winning minor is a sign that the south belfast clubs with the numbers they have are making good progress as much as I'm not saying that the ards clubs may have dipped. I fully expect Bredagh and/or Carryduff to be competing for senior titles in the next 10 years. Lots of kids and lots of interested coaches will bring this about.

none of the two belfast teams will compete in down  shc in 10 yrs time both nowhere near or likely to be senior in that time having watched them both portaferry and ballygalget rebuilding with ypunger guys the crans young but year or two on down the line
Going by Ballycran's performance in the Ulster final this year and Ballygalget's in the semi last year there's a fair bit of rebuilding needed yet. I don't really buy into this 'rebuilding' fad'. it seems to be the mantra of poor teams (in any sport) who are basically admitting that they've been ignoring their youth development, club facilities etc. We were as guilty of it as anyone in the last 15 years or so until the last 7 -8 years. Dunloy are going through the same at the minute.

Surely all this 'rebuilding' is a get out clause for clubs indolence and poor manageme

well im sure if ye were asked a few years back you might have had a different view on it but sure nothing like a bit of success ta get the preachers out

small rural clubs go through peaks and troughs soley through numbers rather than any poor management or reglect and that quickly manifests itself in juvenile results. Our minor team this year only had two lads in their final year at the grade. Theses things happen.
There is probalby more girls in the parish at juvenile levels currently and hence why we're doing fairly well at the camogie. The local primary school had a total attendance of 70 odd children for several years and now all of a sudden there's 20 odd youngsters alone in P2, something similar in P3 with high twenties expected to start P1 next september.
Once in a while you'd be lucky to get 7 or 8 lads the same age making up the backbone of a team and then you'd be filling in round them with youngsters maybe three years left at that grade.

Our seniors are severly lacking in quality beyond half a dozen lads and that'll take a few years to get lads blooded from minor into the senior set up so I'd consider us rebuilding as barring Graham and Liam Clarke, none of the rest are 30 or over.
We'll keep fighting for Div1 survival until there are eight better teams to take our place.

Minder

Quote from: saffronog on November 18, 2011, 07:05:05 PM
Some squad at 21 trials wouldn't fancy running rule over that lot

John McIntosh of the famous Glenariffe Oisins i believe.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffronog

Does this then mean he is other selector like sambo selector but is the minor manager.

Minder

Quote from: saffronog on November 18, 2011, 10:25:33 PM
Does this then mean he is other selector like sambo selector but is the minor manager.

He is just involved with the U-21s AFAIK.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on November 18, 2011, 10:25:33 PM

Does this come with a translation?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Afaik? What does that mean?