Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Laughable really. Like I said skull, I'll respond to you when I have more time. My phone mobile browser is dung. I'll be on the laptop later. You better make sure that lorry doesn't back into your wall.   
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Could prob quess the lad.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

By the way fairhead, whoever you are, I never mentioned banter. I think you'll find that was another poster.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on November 16, 2011, 10:28:36 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 16, 2011, 10:11:23 AM
I apologise for getting you and NAG mixed up, my mobile  didn't show his name for some reason. Doesn't take away from the fact that sweeping generalisations are being made about LG and their supporters. As for the banner I was merely pointing out that your own supporters aren't immune from idiotic behaviour. We have them too.

Perhaps this should be put to bed.

Lets put it to bed after you to explain the relevance and indeed the justification of your comments in the context of the conversation I was having with MR2 and subsequent points made to sleeping (but now awake) giant?

Quote from: theskull1 on November 16, 2011, 12:33:58 AM
??? FFS  ::) ...I was answering a specific question asked by MR.

What in my reply just now or indeed my comments prior to and just after the games with St Galls ever suggested that I didn't believe we were beat by a better team? The answer of course is NOTHING. In fact I have openly stated that I believe we were beaten by the better team.  ::)
I get youse are enjoying your new status as the best team in Antrim but have a bit of class and quit trying to twist and stir at every fecking opertunity to get it into your nearest and dearest . Maybe you haven't the wit to do so.
I think the use of the 'youse' is what caught my eye. Reading the post now,  on a clearer screen I can see that you were probably directing your comment to SG alone. Still, it doesn't excuse the abuse which you then proceeded to come out with towards me. 

saffronog

Mr2 wake up, if u talk about a reasonable standard of hurling I.e your league and above bredagh are out of their league.  They are clinging on with super hurlers in their day like d Hughes, Lorenzo, ex sham laim mccollam, heron & Kelly who are docs and have limited time to spend, those two are the younger boys that are decent and they're late 30's.  Other boys wrong side of 40.  About 1 or 2 young home grown talent, they'll do well to keep fielding at current level.  Wish them all success but its long long time before they contribute to saffs.

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 16, 2011, 06:14:27 PM
I think the use of the 'youse' is what caught my eye. Reading the post now,  on a clearer screen I can see that you were probably directing your comment to SG alone. Still, it doesn't excuse the abuse which you then proceeded to come out with towards me.

Hello??? I think it absolutely does.

As a result of your inability to interpret properly what I wrote, you justify sgs post by aligning me with a bunch of idiots who carry a disgraceful banner onto a pitch and shamed my club by doing so. Up to this point I have assumed that everyone would read messages properly before replying. As a result of that assumption I could only conclude that you were a complete and utter sh*t stirring fool/tool for the comments you made.
I'm a bit confused by this notion that you believe I still don't have an excuse for calling you a fool? Are you telling me I was wrong to assume that people read properly before replying (especially in such an inflammatory way like you did), because if you are I think you'll find that still makes you a fool. Otherwise, be a man, accept what your misread brought about (i.e all the mud slinging) apologise for the confusion caused and that would make you NOT a sh*t stirring fool/tool.

So whats it gonna be?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Very dramatic Skull. I got it wrong, I already admitted that. Apology? Nah, I'm no fool.

theskull1

So people who apologise are fools. Fair enough  :-\

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on November 16, 2011, 06:57:16 PM
Mr2 wake up, if u talk about a reasonable standard of hurling I.e your league and above bredagh are out of their league.  They are clinging on with super hurlers in their day like d Hughes, Lorenzo, ex sham laim mccollam, heron & Kelly who are docs and have limited time to spend, those two are the younger boys that are decent and they're late 30's.  Other boys wrong side of 40.  About 1 or 2 young home grown talent, they'll do well to keep fielding at current level.  Wish them all success but its long long time before they contribute to saffs.

Are you sure?

A quick look at the tables div 3 shows that they were 5 points off the champions and above 4 North Antrim teams. Not bad for 3 constitutive seasons, more progressive than the established Antrim teams but you'd know that already. I never said that they were up to div 2 or above standard, but certainly making the league they are in more competitive and as Skull says that can only be better for the rest of the teams there.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog

Yeah I am sure bredagh long way off contributing to saffs those teams in that league along with ourselves get beat in north antrim league by clubs z teams as they are know.  Not doubting enthusiasm but my point remains, they're going to struggle due to limited young blood, likes of dun, gravel are dying at present and only surviving through amalgamated underage systems.  Great that people spreading coaching like galls mate but u need nos. As for knowing that we can all read the tables, almighty one.   

imtommygunn

Quote from: saffronog on November 16, 2011, 10:10:34 PM
Yeah I am sure bredagh long way off contributing to saffs those teams in that league along with ourselves get beat in north antrim league by clubs z teams as they are know.  Not doubting enthusiasm but my point remains, they're going to struggle due to limited young blood, likes of dun, gravel are dying at present and only surviving through amalgamated underage systems.  Great that people spreading coaching like galls mate but u need nos. As for knowing that we can all read the tables, almighty one.
Bredagh are progressing a lot at underage. I don't think they struggle for numbers. The north antrim boys are helping blood the younger ones.

Bredagh were close to top of division 3 and you're in division 4...

In reality the 2nd teams of our bigger teams would beat them but not z squads. Massive gap between 3 and 4 in antrim. Too big in fact and there should be a 4a and a 4b as the best teams in 4 don't learn that much against the lesser opposition.

saffronog

Well dall z squad won north antrim league and that contained alot of those teams, dall and glenariffe, etc wouldn't be getting beat by sars by near 30 points.  If there underage is bubbling so hot I see johns minors beat down minor champions 6-24 to seven and they were pulling up.  Senior bredagh hurlers said they had been begged not to retire or team would fold, that had been host of my point.  Also that saffs would benefit for long time.  My worry for life of other clubs is a point i stick with.  These are worring times.  An amalgamation of all these clubs didn't break much ice in senior championship. 

imtommygunn

That's not something I heard about senior bredagh players. They not have two teams? Not sure your sources are accurate.

who are "those teams" by the way?? Any division 3 team I know of that plays in the north antrim league against "z squads" play their ungraded players so they're , give or take fringe players, on a 2nd team. By z do you mean second or third team - I assume you mean third?

st johns breezed through antrim, except the final, sure. down hurling not going so well at the minute but were bredagh not in the final against carryduff?

theskull1

The way I see it, fast growing (due to population influx) up and coming clubs like bredagh carryduff and St endas have a fairly unique problem of finding a way to get their more skillful youngsters into senior without them having too much time sledging it out in the lower divisions. The concern will be whether the less skillful olderhands will hang around to help get them to a better standard of hurling.

These 3 clubs have fantastic numbers at juvenile level

Bredagh are a down club btw saffronog

saffronog

Couldn't wait I'll just delivery my century of posts and say if the galls could attract hurlers the way they do footballers they might do double next year