Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 16, 2011, 06:16:52 AM
Quote from: the waffler on November 16, 2011, 05:20:01 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 15, 2011, 10:43:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2011, 10:34:34 PM
That's  not the case if they have been underperforming Skull. Carryduff have won the Down minor championship this year so ther has been a steady decline of the Down teams, but Portaferry have always managed to beat us handy every year, decent team to.

??? I don't understand what youre saying there milltown

It could be argued that Carryduff winning minor is a sign that the south belfast clubs with the numbers they have are making good progress as much as I'm not saying that the ards clubs may have dipped. I fully expect Bredagh and/or Carryduff to be competing for senior titles in the next 10 years. Lots of kids and lots of interested coaches will bring this about.

none of the two belfast teams will compete in down  shc in 10 yrs time both nowhere near or likely to be senior in that time having watched them both portaferry and ballygalget rebuilding with ypunger guys the crans young but year or two on down the line
Going by Ballycran's performance in the Ulster final this year and Ballygalget's in the semi last year there's a fair bit of rebuilding needed yet. I don't really buy into this 'rebuilding' fad'. it seems to be the mantra of poor teams (in any sport) who are basically admitting that they've been ignoring their youth development, club facilities etc. We were as guilty of it as anyone in the last 15 years or so until the last 7 -8 years. Dunloy are going through the same at the minute.

Surely all this 'rebuilding' is a get out clause for clubs indolence and poor management.

I would imagine that anyone looking at Dunloy's development over the last few years would be saying anything other than ignoring development SIE. Serious money spent for the future of Hurling in North Antrim as a community including LG.

Teams and clubs go through phases where there are talented bunches of kids who come along at the one time, the hard work has to be done when this group are not around so that you can still add those 2-3 minors to your senior squad and improve it year on year.

2 Championships seem to have seriously gone to the heads in LG, able to pontificate against other clubs who have been putting in the hard yards. But I guess you pay enough mercenaries some of them are going to bring a bit of luck with them along the way.  ;)

imtommygunn

Quote from: the waffler on November 16, 2011, 05:20:01 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 15, 2011, 10:43:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2011, 10:34:34 PM
That's  not the case if they have been underperforming Skull. Carryduff have won the Down minor championship this year so ther has been a steady decline of the Down teams, but Portaferry have always managed to beat us handy every year, decent team to.

??? I don't understand what youre saying there milltown

It could be argued that Carryduff winning minor is a sign that the south belfast clubs with the numbers they have are making good progress as much as I'm not saying that the ards clubs may have dipped. I fully expect Bredagh and/or Carryduff to be competing for senior titles in the next 10 years. Lots of kids and lots of interested coaches will bring this about.

none of the two belfast teams will compete in down  shc in 10 yrs time both nowhere near or likely to be senior in that time having watched them both portaferry and ballygalget rebuilding with ypunger guys the crans young but year or two on down the line

Bredagh were in the Down SHC this year...

Seamroga in exile

Developing buildings rather than teams skull. Take a look at your own set up through the years before pontificating about mercenaries.

Again, you have no room to spew forth about any other club before dealing with issues within your own, which I'm told there are a few.

And as for being childish I have told you that you lot are no different to anyone else. Reasoned enough I think. At least I haven't resorted to personal insults like yourself. 

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 16, 2011, 09:26:26 AM
Developing buildings rather than teams skull. Take a look at your own set up through the years before pontificating about mercenaries.

Again, you have no room to spew forth about any other club before dealing with issues within your own, which I'm told there are a few.

And as for being childish I have told you that you lot are no different to anyone else. Reasoned enough I think. At least I haven't resorted to personal insults like yourself. 

So now,  not only am I amongst the group of idiots who unfurled a disgraceful banner at the county final 3 years ago, I am also NAG1

You most certain have personally insulted me SIE , by reasoning that me and my opinions are in some way aligned with the actions of arseholes who purport to be real supporters of my club. As I've said an astonishing lack of reasoning. That inability to make reasoned comments makes you a fool in my book. You may find it insulting, but youre the one hoisting yourself on your own petard.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 16, 2011, 09:26:26 AM

I am just looking in from the outside SIE

Developing the infrastructure to allow teams to be developed long term is developing teams in my book. My point is you have taken the high moral ground here in the last while on the back of winning two championships, it was not that long ago that LG people were turning on their own players during their losing streak. So you will forgive any one on here if they take issue with you pontificating and looking down your nose at any other club.

Where were the personal insults?

Seamroga in exile

I apologise for getting you and NAG mixed up, my mobile  didn't show his name for some reason. Doesn't take away from the fact that sweeping generalisations are being made about LG and their supporters. As for the banner I was merely pointing out that your own supporters aren't immune from idiotic behaviour. We have them too.

Perhaps this should be put to bed.

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 16, 2011, 10:11:23 AM
I apologise for getting you and NAG mixed up, my mobile  didn't show his name for some reason. Doesn't take away from the fact that sweeping generalisations are being made about LG and their supporters. As for the banner I was merely pointing out that your own supporters aren't immune from idiotic behaviour. We have them too.

Perhaps this should be put to bed.

Lets put it to bed after you to explain the relevance and indeed the justification of your comments in the context of the conversation I was having with MR2 and subsequent points made to sleeping (but now awake) giant?

Seamroga in exile

I've more important things to worry about skull. Like where the All-Ireland semi is going to be played.

NAG1

Going by the UHL performace could be a short lived worry SIE  ;)

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 16, 2011, 10:38:08 AM
I've more important things to worry about skull. Like where the All-Ireland semi is going to be played.

Is that the sound of a bin lorry I hear? beep beep beep beep beep

Congratulations on a good mornings work

Seamroga in exile

:). Nah Skull, I'll respond when I've time.

north aontroim gael

As someone from Loughgiel who reads this site reguarly but rarely contributes can I just say that reading the posts of other Loughgiel posters makes me cringe at times.

SIE in particular you show the maturity of an 11 year old.

Very proud of our clubs fantastic achievements this year but see no need to boast and brag.

Focus on the next target and move on. By boasting and blowing about what has been achieved the club will only lose site of what can be achieved.

Brian Cody for instance is a man our club has hosted and been lucky enough to visit in recent years. Despite his success he remains modest and humble but feriously driven, the attitude our team/club needs going forward.

Seamroga in exile

Where was I boasting or indeed bragging?

imtommygunn

btdtgtt

Ulster V Munster - this will surely be in Parnell Park no?

Although perhaps Mullingar right enough.