Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on November 11, 2011, 09:30:56 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 11, 2011, 09:26:18 PM
My horse was the lad who ended up hitting it, why dont you ask him who called him over??
It was Shane who hit the equaliser. Karl Stewart hit the winner. But I agree it was a rare good day at Croke.

I know who hit the equaliser ;D     very good day,  think were well capable of them days.       
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

maxpower

Karl is a cracking player, motm twice against us, but alot of good hurlers in ulster
What happens next????

saffronog

Laim dunne new wexford manager, reckon club team could go all the way to tommy Moore, could leave county little behind.  Cunningham in same boat.

Trout

Quote from: saffronog on November 11, 2011, 10:39:47 PM
Laim dunne new wexford manager, reckon club team could go all the way to tommy Moore, could leave county little behind.  Cunningham in same boat.

What relevance does any of that have to Antrim hurling ?
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

4father

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 11, 2011, 06:15:28 PM
Quote from: 4father on November 11, 2011, 01:04:37 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 10, 2011, 11:53:47 PM
Do Gort / St Agnes / St johns / oisins / sarsfields / Tir na nog / Carey / cushendun really have 3-5 players of county standard each?

Probably not 3-5 but there's always a superstar in every team.

Gort - Young McClean and Panzer McCann junior (was always a very very cpable GK)
St Johns - Well already have Simon McCrory, McFall.  Gareth Clarke is a half decent hurler and i'm sure there's merit in seeing if they have any other younger players coming through with potential.
St Agnes - I'll give you that, of the players that went to the trial, i don't think any of them would be real contenders to make the panel.
Oisíns - Have good experience in Division 1 now for a number of years, Tosh would still be capable i'd say and there's a few i've seen playing would be up to the pace - at least making the panel.
Sarsfields - Another few years and you'll know two lads in particular - Niall McKenna and Gary Lennon - two prospects.
Tir na nog - Magill could play no problem, as could Colm Duffin i'd say.
St Galls - Gaga, Mackers, big Anton could if he trimmed up possibly. No doubt one or two younger stars and of course they already have the best hurler in Ulster in Karl Steward

To call it a waste of time is a bit harsh.  As you said, everyone deserves an opportunity.
Really? He's decent but not the best hurler in ulster.

He's been the best hurler in Ulster for a few years now without a doubt.  Best performer.  Never fails to turn up when others do.  Are there more talented hurlers? Yes, Watson being one but he can't be counted as the current best hurler in Ulster because he hasn't been there at the highest standard recently (I hope he will next year, I heard he wants to give it a lash).

You Shamrock men are very easily annoyed.  I'd have been getting all sorts of +1's had I mentioned a Loughguile man as best hurler in Ulster. 

You can't argue with Stewarty's performances this last few years.  Think from when Antrim beat Dublin and from that (aside from the sending off incident).  He was the best player on the pitch v Dunloy on both occasions.  I think you are underestimating him lads.

Milltown Row2

dick heads springs to mind! :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog

U said it Mr2.  Trout probably a little more relevance than sinn fein administering British rule.  Mr2 p putting friendships aside Neil mc manus has been the star man this past no of years.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: 4father on November 11, 2011, 11:52:20 PM
Do Gort / St Agnes / St johns / oisins / sarsfields / Tir na nog / Carey / cushendun really have 3-5 players of county standard each?

Gort - Young McClean and Panzer McCann junior (was always a very very cpable GK)
St Johns - Well already have Simon McCrory, McFall.  Gareth Clarke is a half decent hurler and i'm sure there's merit in seeing if they have any other younger players coming through with potential.
St Agnes - I'll give you that, of the players that went to the trial, i don't think any of them would be real contenders to make the panel.
Oisíns - Have good experience in Division 1 now for a number of years, Tosh would still be capable i'd say and there's a few i've seen playing would be up to the pace - at least making the panel.
Sarsfields - Another few years and you'll know two lads in particular - Niall McKenna and Gary Lennon - two prospects.
St Galls - Gaga, Mackers, big Anton could if he trimmed up possibly. No doubt one or two younger stars and of course they already have the best hurler in Ulster in Karl Steward

To call it a waste of time is a bit harsh.  As you said, everyone deserves an opportunity.

He's been the best hurler in Ulster for a few years now without a doubt.  Best performer.  Never fails to turn up when others do.  Are there more talented hurlers? Yes, Watson being one but he can't be counted as the current best hurler in Ulster because he hasn't been there at the highest standard recently (I hope he will next year, I heard he wants to give it a lash).

You Shamrock men are very easily annoyed.  I'd have been getting all sorts of +1's had I mentioned a Loughguile man as best hurler in Ulster. 

You can't argue with Stewarty's performances this last few years.  Think from when Antrim beat Dublin and from that (aside from the sending off incident).  He was the best player on the pitch v Dunloy on both occasions.  I think you are underestimating him lads.
Not annoyed at all, knowone said he wasnt a good hurler,  he just isnt the best in Ulster. IMO   

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2011, 12:25:03 AM
MR2 you seem to be just as big a dick head as Ive came across on this site,   i think its called a discussion site,  Does this mean if you don't agree with you, who has an opinion on everything, that your a dick head?? ???

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: 4father on November 11, 2011, 11:52:20 PM

What is your classification of 'recent'?

Where, oh where, did anyone on the last few pages underestimate  KS? Erm, nowhere. I think you'll find that what was said is that he is a decent hurler. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in no way is that a put down.

A bit touchy and presumptuous there 4father.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Seamroga in exile

People are always going to have a differing opinion on 'who's the best'. I've seen a couple of performances in the last 12 months from Barney that would be hard to beat. But, if I'm honest, I would be hard pushed to see past SmcN performance in this years county final. I don't know if he's the best in ulster, but if he keeps his head on his shoulders he  has the potential to be.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 12, 2011, 02:02:04 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2011, 12:25:03 AM
MR2 you seem to be just as big a dick head as Ive came across on this site,   i think its called a discussion site,  Does this mean if you don't agree with you, who has an opinion on everything, that your a dick head?? ???
It looks like he's had one or two the night SG. Plus it's a wee bit past his bedtime, he is getting on a bit now ya know.   ;)

Trout

Quote from: saffronog on November 12, 2011, 12:33:56 AM
U said it Mr2.  Trout probably a little more relevance than sinn fein administering British rule.  Mr2 p putting friendships aside Neil mc manus has been the star man this past no of years.

Were did I mention politics on this site, are you as stupid as you come across or is it part of your act?
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

Jesusjones

I thought the discussion on who is the best in Ulster could have been a good debate. Karl Stewart would be up there with the best. How about picking an Ulster first 15? I'd go:
1. Graham Clarke
2. A Graffin
3. C Donnelly
4. N Mc Auley
5. J Campbell
6. L Hinphey
7. M Scullion
8. K Stewart
9. K Hinphey
10. G Johnson
11. N Mc Manus
12. P Shiels