Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffronog

Well keepers last a little longer, braniff, always supreme athlete its simply down that have slipped past 10 years.  I wonder of the footy wasn't on could u establish a list sooner.

Minder

Quote from: saffronog on November 11, 2011, 08:32:17 PM
Well keepers last a little longer, braniff, always supreme athlete its simply down that have slipped past 10 years.  I wonder of the footy wasn't on could u establish a list sooner.

That's an interesting but irrelevant question. It's not that Down have slipped, Braniff has been riddled with injuries and I am not sure how often you would have seen him playing as Portaferry matches would clash with All Saints games of a Sunday. I would also guess you haven't seen too many Down games in the last couple of years, of course I could be totally wrong.....
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffronog

I am sure not first time u have been wrong, I'd say I have seen as many as u.  On the night shift here minder what's score in Estonia.

Minder

Quote from: saffronog on November 11, 2011, 08:42:08 PM
I am sure not first time u have been wrong, I'd say I have seen as many as u.  On the night shift here minder what's score in Estonia.

You obviously have access to the Internet so check it out.

Sleeping giant

Of course its all only a matter of opinion, some of older members in this think there the god father or something :D    Id have Mc Manus SMcNaughton A Graffin J Campbell Liam Watson Cormac Donnelly N McA all ahead of him and that's of top of head, say theres more to, decent hurler, no doubt, but not the best or near it,  IMO
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Minder

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 11, 2011, 08:53:06 PM
Of course its all only a matter of opinion, some of older members in this think there the god father or something :D    Id have Mc Manus SMcNaughton A Graffin J Campbell Liam Watson Cormac Donnelly N McA all ahead of him and that's of top of head, say theres more to, decent hurler, no doubt, but not the best or near it,  IMO

Well I suppose the only way you can judge it is consistency at inter county level, not what they might do, and Stewart has been more consistent than any of them bar Mc Manus and there isn't much in it.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Minder on November 11, 2011, 08:57:14 PM

Well I suppose the only way you can judge it is consistency at inter county level, not what they might do, and Stewart has been more consistent than any of them bar Mc Manus and there isn't much in it.
And how would you come up with that??   Cause he fits frees for the county??   yet to see him turn in a big game from play for county,  out of them all id say graffin is most consistent. 

Minder

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 11, 2011, 09:01:25 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 11, 2011, 08:57:14 PM

And how would you come up with that??   Cause he fits frees for the county??   yet to see him turn in a big game from play for county,  out of them all id say graffin is most consistent.

When did McManus stop hitting the frees?

Sleeping giant

when he turned and asked another player to hit one against Dublin ;D    think it verys.   Karl and Neil hit fair share each

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 11, 2011, 09:09:01 PM
when he turned and asked another player to hit one against Dublin ;D    think it verys.   Karl and Neil hit fair share each
I think you'll find your clubmate who told Shane to hit the free that day.

Sleeping giant

I think you will find it wasnt!!   horses mouth and all that ;)

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 11, 2011, 09:19:46 PM
I think you will find it wasnt!!   horses mouth and all that ;)
Well I'll believe my horses mouth ; )
Yours must have had a bet on it.

Sleeping giant

My horse was the lad who ended up hitting it, why dont you ask him who called him over??

Sleeping giant

No odds anyway, wouldn't mind them turning out a few more preformaces like that day

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 11, 2011, 09:26:18 PM
My horse was the lad who ended up hitting it, why dont you ask him who called him over??
It was Shane who hit the equaliser. Karl Stewart hit the winner. But I agree it was a rare good day at Croke.