Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

Good to see Malachy Dallas let his name go forward, been one of the best forwards about and should have been involved more over the last few years.
What happens next????

saffronog

Someone of that age and still an inability to hit on both sides I ain't so sure

Seamroga in exile

Is this a squad to find a few new fellas to add to the senior squad? If not, we're in trouble.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2011, 12:08:47 AM
How many committed last year saffronog ?
Chrissy O'Connell, Johnny Campbell, Liam Watson and Eddie McCloskey. There were probably more, this is off the top of my head.

I thought that DD might have been persuaded to make a come back but that's out of the question now that the prodigal son has made a return to the fold. He's been outstanding the last two seasons. How long before the stab-in-the-back Sambo press interview?

Minder

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 05, 2011, 10:38:16 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2011, 12:08:47 AM
How many committed last year saffronog ?
Chrissy O'Connell, Johnny Campbell, Liam Watson and Eddie McCloskey. There were probably more, this is off the top of my head.

I thought that DD might have been persuaded to make a come back but that's out of the question now that the prodigal son has made a return to the fold. He's been outstanding the last two seasons. How long before the stab-in-the-back Sambo press interview?

Goalkeeper is a problem alright and I wouldnt be too confident of any of the other goalkeepers.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffronog

I agree minder.  Dd and watson have previous with sambo, Chris o connell prone to mistakes and not playing. Enough, though miles ahead of people for trial.  Apart from big mc donnell

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on November 05, 2011, 12:49:10 PM
I agree minder.  Dd and watson have previous with sambo, Chris o connell prone to mistakes and not playing. Enough, though miles ahead of people for trial.  Apart from big mc donnell

Saff, are you really from All Saints?

DD i doubt very much would be interested in going back to Antrim, regardless of who's helping or taking the team

As for those lads that you (SIE) mentioned that played for Antrim last year, how many games did they play?

Truth be told its a small number (players) for a team that won and has been playing in so many senior finals over the years don't ya think?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog

Mr2 am a saints fan but hurling very much my first love, played hurling briefly for south west team but will give away no more, lived in town all my life.  Dd probably not go back due to wrong side of 30 I think, but if sambo hadn't been there would have been tough decision as he is hurling man.

imtommygunn

DD hasn't played in a good number of years when sambo wasn't involved. Doubt sambo has much to do with it. He was hurling man last year and the year before too...

Just stirring I suspect.

saffronog

Sambo and woody reign finished his time with saffrons, and surely you'd agree there aren't many in county better than him.  Apart from the enigma that is magee seems to have dropped of face of the earth.

Seamroga in exile

No one was stirring anything. DD has been head and shoulders above any other keeper in Antrim over the last few years. I was speaking as an Antrim supporter wanting the best for his county. It's a shame, that's all.

He made two outstanding saves in the last twelve months that I'll never forget. One against Dunloy in the Ulster league final last year. P. Richmond through on a one on one and hit a bullet. DD stuck his caman out at point blank range and flicked it over the bar. The other against Cushendall in this year's final. The son of god, sorry, S McNaughton (great hurler btw) struck from 10 yards out and DD somehow managed to put it out for a 65. Brilliant! and a good lad to boot!

imtommygunn

There are none in the county better than him.

I'd like to see Kearney in there - it just doesn't seem right having a guy as your county keeper who isn't first choice keeper for his club.(No disrespect intended)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 05, 2011, 05:39:51 PM
There are none in the county better than him.

I'd like to see Kearney in there - it just doesn't seem right having a guy as your county keeper who isn't first choice keeper for his club.(No disrespect intended)
Non taken, as it happens I agree with you.

saffronog

Yeah kearney deserves chance, though personal opinion is he's little awkward , keepers have to he neat and tidy, though his pocs have imptoved.  But still little suspect, always few mistakes.  Proof shown in him playing second fiddle in dall recent year ago.

imtommygunn

I think that was due to him being away and coming back mid year though so it would have been harsh dropping mcauley (I think it was him?) who was in at the time. I think he's good but maybe not the level of DD / Magee.

Few good keepers coming through in Cushendall - Donaghy and Gillan. Bound to be some others worth looking at too.

Pity we're in the position now where we are maybe struggling a little. Not so long ago we had DD and Magee battling for the no. 1 spot. Both would have walked onto most teams in Ireland. Funny how things go.