Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Sambo to manage Antrim minor team and selector for Seniors.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

aontroim

Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on November 04, 2011, 04:48:31 AM
Some hurling and scenery pictures from the home of hurling http://youtu.be/9_sFhrdnyeE

Watched a bit of that and was suddenly struck by something....... :D

Susan Boyle

Niall Patterson

(No offence intended to our Shamrock brethren before anyone starts)

aontroim

On a more serious note though, given the age criteria set down by Jerry Wallace for next years minor squad, can see Rossa especially being annoyed as possibly some of that talented U16 team who move up will be too young to be nominated for trials.

Onthehill

Quote from: Minder on November 04, 2011, 10:06:41 AM

How on earth is he going to be able to do the both? Its impossible. I'm all for Sambo taking on the minors, I think he done real good work with them the last time him and woody took it on.

I know for a fact (good source) he is having problems getting selectors, thats why everytime he is asked over the last few weeks he gets all defensive "I'm very close to naming them - I'm speaking to key people blah blah"
On a side note what county names a manager without knowing their backroom team? Its all very fishy and mysterious for my liking.

Magicsponge

Quote from: hardstation on November 04, 2011, 11:43:26 AM
Quote from: Onthehill on November 04, 2011, 11:38:42 AM
Quote from: Minder on November 04, 2011, 10:06:41 AM

How on earth is he going to be able to do the both? Its impossible. I'm all for Sambo taking on the minors, I think he done real good work with them the last time him and woody took it on.

I know for a fact (good source) he is having problems getting selectors, thats why everytime he is asked over the last few weeks he gets all defensive "I'm very close to naming them - I'm speaking to key people blah blah"
On a side note what county names a manager without knowing their backroom team? Its all very fishy and mysterious for my liking.
My thoughts exactly. A shambles.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Someone asked on the guestbook a while ago what his backroom team would be, and the response was that he hadn't picked one yet. I thought this was weird since even most clubs know the backroom team before they select a manager. I would have imagined a having a backroom team would be essential for a manager applying for a county job

Buswhacker

Aontroim........Niall's a better singer,and Susan's a crap goalkeeper !!

saffronog

I would say at least this time sambo has been appointed with less of a cloud.  God only knows who else would come in, ideally it would be Belfast man of some stature.  Names escape me at present, possibly a shite haven't a clue.  Anyone help ?? 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on November 04, 2011, 08:21:26 PM
I would say at least this time sambo has been appointed with less of a cloud.  God only knows who else would come in, ideally it would be Belfast man of some stature.  Names escape me at present, possibly a shite haven't a clue.  Anyone help ?? 

Jingo ??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

What about Crossey or Mickey Johnston?! Ooops!

Normally the city man is token gesture anyway and without influence - think ger Rogan or Gerard Holden etc - altho maybe that's an indictment of Belfast!

Maybe jerry Wallace /wallis Derry/Londonderry could bring an outsider? Although the last outsider to help did take his managers job!

The whole appointment of a manager without his backroom team is another "only in antrim" moment. It seems the powers that be contacted mr Wallace/wallis/Derry/Londonderry to step in from Dinny rather than the other way around perhaps?

saffronog

Might have something there with holden as he enticed sambo to.the gort this year, good for sambo as he would have more of say, either way wallis doesn't know the caliber like he would in cork scene.  Holden would be yes man.  Jingo Mr2 nice idea could he work with sambo after dirty Joe act ?  Jingo can hold head up when managing saffrons. 

jeremiah

Nominations for trials are in, a few good potential additions but some of these players would barely make a good reserve team

A Chara
the following players are requested to attend Casement Park ,no later than 7.15pm, on Wed 9th November with full playing gear.

Michael Dallat   Ballycastle
Malachy Dallas   Ballycastle
Ryan Donnelly   Ballycastle
K B Mc Shane   Ballycastle
Sean Mc Laughlin   Carey Faughs
Cathal Mc Auley   Carey Faughs
Fintan Mc Carry Carey Faughs
Neil O Connell Clooney Gaels
Francis Neeson   Clooney Gaels
Ronan Kearney   Cushendall
Eunan Mc Killop   Cushendall
Dominic Mc Quillan   Cushendun
Nial Mc Auley   Cushendun
Eoin Mc Quillan   Cushendun
Cathair Cunning   Dunloy
Randal Mc Donnell Glenariffe
Mark Nulty      Glenariffe
Kevin Mc Donnell  Glenariffe
Seanan Mc Toal      Glenariffe
Michael Gettins   Glenariffe
Conor Mc Cann   Gortnamona
Martin Ward   Gortnamona
Nial Mc Alea   Sarsfields
Kevin Mc Kernan Sarsfields
Callin Caldwell   Sarsfields
Ciman Rea             Sarsfields
Benny Mc Dermott   Shane O Neills
Kevin Grieve   St Agnes
Declan Mc Larnon   St Agnes
Christopher Mc Kee   St Agnes
Liam Kearns   St Brigids C,mills
Aaron Smylie   St Brigids C,mills
Sean Mc Areavey   St Galls
Aodhan Gallagher   St Galls
Sean Burke           St Galls
Conor Mc Gourty   St Galls
Aonton Mc Caffery   St Galls
Adrian Downey   St Johns
Liam Knocker   St Johns
Conal Morgan   St Johns
Gareth Clarke   St Johns
Cairbre O Caireallain   St Pauls

saffronog

The boy natty from dall, where is he, after that count about six.  Let's hope jerry is as good as they say he is.  Surely good few shams to come.

Milltown Row2

How many committed last year saffronog ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog

True, least johnny Campbell this year and I'd take the brother, brother went to school with one of glenariffe lads always mentioned him, r mc donnell, very good minor but his real talent goalie, very good basketball but reckon a skill not really needed.  Some sars men maybe, very good 21 campaign. Mc kernan recognised name.  Mr2 with galls maybe slowing at.football and hurlers seeing light at.end of tunnel might there be big push next year for volunteer trophy.

CentreHalfBack

Quote from: jeremiah on November 04, 2011, 11:06:32 PM
Nominations for trials are in, a few good potential additions but some of these players would barely make a good reserve team

A Chara
the following players are requested to attend Casement Park ,no later than 7.15pm, on Wed 9th November with full playing gear.

Michael Dallat   Ballycastle
Malachy Dallas   Ballycastle
Ryan Donnelly   Ballycastle
K B Mc Shane   Ballycastle
Sean Mc Laughlin   Carey Faughs
Cathal Mc Auley   Carey Faughs
Fintan Mc Carry Carey Faughs
Neil O Connell Clooney Gaels
Francis Neeson   Clooney Gaels
Ronan Kearney   Cushendall
Eunan Mc Killop   Cushendall
Dominic Mc Quillan   Cushendun