Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: the colonel on November 02, 2011, 12:55:40 PM
SIE run for County PRO and stop your whinging
No no, you misunderstand. I was merely pointing out how bad our county site is at updating things and keeping us, the gaels of Antrim, informed. That's not 'whinging' that's pointing out the bleedin obvious.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Buswhacker

Scared to make a comment on county site for fear of getting a cheeky or sarcastic answer,usually a patronising put down!.

saffronog

I'd say u would get more.sarcasm in the pound

Buswhacker

We're not talking about the Pound,at least it would be face to face there.

saffronog

Might even be more sense there, that the nature of guestbooks any shit can be spread, the infamous top 100 site in cushendall, my crticism of county site is based on point of Sie all league champions should have been congratulated with photo and summary of facts about campaign.  Especially since people paid full time in admin.  Also a message of disgrace about ref and details as simple as an investigation being lunched.

pdiddy

According to his interview in the Irish News on Tuesday it looks like JW is going to employ the 'running game' adopted by Cork in 2002/3.  Will it work for Antrim as it did for Cork?   
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

maxpower

that running game worked well for Cork because the Newtonshandrum lads had played it all their days, the two O'Connors, Tom Kenny and Sean Og where serious athletes.

I do wonder how long any team can sustain that type of tactic

But Jerry Wallace know alot more that I do
What happens next????

saffronog

No chance that cork team were unique in being able to follow that style.  Although some of our striking would suit that style due to many players not being able to strike that well.  Reckon very few teams could carry that style.  Fascinating to see who backroom team is, for he admitted himself isn't familiar with club scene.  Mr2 who are the st galls men we should be hoping to see with Stewart after such impressive campaign.  Saints could provide decent training facilities, no hurlers at present

clootfromthe21

Quote from: saffronog on November 03, 2011, 05:05:04 PM
No chance that cork team were unique in being able to follow that style.  Although some of our striking would suit that style due to many players not being able to strike that well.  Reckon very few teams could carry that style.  Fascinating to see who backroom team is, for he admitted himself isn't familiar with club scene.  Mr2 who are the st galls men we should be hoping to see with Stewart after such impressive campaign.  Saints could provide decent training facilities, no hurlers at present

Did I read somewhere that Wallace/Wallis intends to use Jordanstown and then Casement as a base for training?

Trout

Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

drici

saffronog

Trout & drici correct armagh seniors and obviously 21 as well.  If jerry isn't on his toes the orchard will do one on them.  Poly supposedly used for training with queens u facilities could be option. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on November 03, 2011, 05:05:04 PM

We wouldn't have too many extras that would, in my opinion be ready for the County team. Karl will as usual and McGourty could also get a run at it. We have a few young lads but way too young for County team. Cj could make the panel if he wanted and Aidso Gallagher would be a big plus on that team if he switched form the county team. Thought he had an excellent season for the club when he played. County football commitments hampered his club hurling.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maxpower

Did I just read Dinny Cahill and John Crossey would be part of Mickey Johnstone's backroom team!

Any word on Jerry Wallace backroom team?
What happens next????

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Some hurling and scenery pictures from the home of hurling http://youtu.be/9_sFhrdnyeE