Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffronog

No problem with ray landing a.few digs, natural instinct.  See Jackie tyrell out of Sundays game, reckon this and week turn around could be tricky.  This could end up in courts, rasharkin always had a scummie element, saints for ulster.

aontroim

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 02, 2011, 06:12:11 AM
There's no mention of the incident on the county website at all. Maybe if they ignore it it'll go away.  ::)

Neither is there any mention of us winning the league. Brilliant site, not.

Was there any mention of Ballycastle, St. Pauls or Creggan winning their league?  Give your club PRO a kick up the hole if this bothers you so much.

Seamroga in exile

Great response!!! Bloody typical. I'm not interested in those other clubs, tbh. But now you've brought them up, yeah, why weren't they mentioned? I mean, is it too much to ask the county website to update everyone on how the their leagues have finished? I mean, they are the county  Aontroim leagues aren't they?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Magicsponge

As the man who replies in the guestbook says so often, if you want it mentioned get someone from your club to send in a report on the match and I'm sure it would be on the website. There was a bit in the twitter feed, not much but still there

Seamroga in exile

So, the PROs of the respective clubs have all to individually send in a message of congratulations to the county website to get it mentioned? Really? I wouldn't have thought it would have been too difficult to upload a message of congratulations to the clubs.

NAG1

Well SIE you just did it in here  ;)

Just copy and paste it across

Seamroga in exile

I might just do that NAG.

the colonel

SIE run for County PRO and stop your whinging
the difference between success and failure is energy

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on November 02, 2011, 11:37:17 AM
No one ever did in the past Skull so why should now be any different  ;)

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 02, 2011, 11:28:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 01, 2011, 10:20:08 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 01, 2011, 10:12:34 PM
By all accounts he was swinging digs himself ::)

You obviously are having a go, there is no need for your statement because you dont know the facts of the situation so I would suggestion you take down your accusation against a referee who was attacked by a mob.
I wasn't having go. Its not us who has problem with him. I just feel that it could maybe of been handled different. But like you pointed out i dont know the facts
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Magicsponge

Who wouldn't be swinging and kicking at people attacking them? A man's allowed to protect himself isn't he? If he had of knocked out half of the people attacking him I still would have found it totally acceptable that "he was swinging digs himself"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 02, 2011, 01:00:48 PM

You obviously are having a go, there is no need for your statement because you dont know the facts of the situation so I would suggestion you take down your accusation against a referee who was attacked by a mob.
I wasn't having go. Its not us who has problem with him. I just feel that it could maybe of been handled different. But like you pointed out i dont know the facts

If you don't know the facts why did you post? Where you there?

Who is this "us" you talk about? Loughgiel? what's that mean?

Could he have handled himself differently against the mob? How would you have handled it?

Ray refereed our game against Cushendall and had he blew before they scored the winning point we could have had a replay, if had have blew for a foul out on the wing late on we could have won. I'd plenty of reasons to be cross with Ray the next day, but here's the difference, I spoke to Ray the next day and he explained his reasons behind it and that was that. Approachable and took time to explain and give his opinion on how we could have won the match based on his prior experience of being a player himself.

He may talk a lot during the but nobody talks more than the players, mouthing telling the referee how to referee (guilty off and since refereeing it's my pet hate from players) If we had a questionnaire on the rules, the referee would get more right than the player. Remember no referee then the games can't be played
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog

good point MR2 on Ray and Referees, final point on this, clubs and supporters need major punishment.  Or else there will simply be no referees.  Anyway is this way an indiividual who is giving his time should be treated.  Thug element here i'm afraid.

SIE - fair point about league win, should have been mentioned, to give it more profile and also winners of all leagues.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2011, 02:22:24 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 02, 2011, 01:00:48 PM

If you don't know the facts why did you post? Where you there?

Who is this "us" you talk about? Loughgiel? what's that mean?

Could he have handled himself differently against the mob? How would you have handled it?

Ray refereed our game against Cushendall and had he blew before they scored the winning point we could have had a replay, if had have blew for a foul out on the wing late on we could have won. I'd plenty of reasons to be cross with Ray the next day, but here's the difference, I spoke to Ray the next day and he explained his reasons behind it and that was that. Approachable and took time to explain and give his opinion on how we could have won the match based on his prior experience of being a player himself.

He may talk a lot during the but nobody talks more than the players, mouthing telling the referee how to referee (guilty off and since refereeing it's my pet hate from players) If we had a questionnaire on the rules, the referee would get more right than the player. Remember no referee then the games can't be played
I have no problem with the man. Think he is a great ref.   All i pointed out was that he hit back. It is a discussion site.  Wanted to here more on matter.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Applesisapples

If you had people attacking you, would you be letting them? Stupid comment
MR2  to answer your question. No!!  i wouldn't be letting them, but am not a top ref in antrim, surely the matter could of been defused sooner if he didn't start throwing digs himself, think RM is top ref and any nice person, not having go
Catch yourself on, he was chased by a mob, I don't think Ray went and sought them out to start the row. As I said elsewhere the blame lies with the mob and the players who started by getting sent off, not the officials. With attitudes such as yours we will never stamp this out.

saffronog

Let's us remind ourselves this is not first referee attacked in antrim, glenariffe referee was in Irish news with black eye one time, a.guy robin, he works in michlen very close to scene of rays attack.  As for smart remarks if every ref was to get a slap our own Elliot and mc clean would have got them long ago.  Mick o connell and tommy excellent refs.  Young cunning shaping up well