Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

I would trust Owen Elliott to do a good fair job in the final. I'm happy with his appointment, I think he is a good honest referee.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 20, 2011, 09:19:42 PM
Some great opinions lads it's building up nicely. But I fear MR2 might have hit the nail on the head here - the ref will decide it!

Decide it because he may award a (rightful ) free late on that will win it. Referees can't play the game. Owen will certainly let the lads hurl on the edge. What final will I go to?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

winghalfback

Just a question lads any word on the lady from Ballycastle that went missing I have not heard anything about her in a while it was such a sad story that seems to have been forgotten about

Milltown Row2

Haven't heard any more about it, terrible tragedy and we can only speculate privately what's happen.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

IMO cant see LG being beat in this one, just think Cushendall are lacking the firepower up front to really hurt them.

Couple that to the fact that they really dont seem to care if they win or lose and that to me sets alarm bells off. Dont think it will be pretty, think it could be quite rough but see LG winning.

Just Puck It

Quote from: NAG1 on September 21, 2011, 09:53:29 AM
IMO cant see LG being beat in this one, just think Cushendall are lacking the firepower up front to really hurt them.

Couple that to the fact that they really dont seem to care if they win or lose and that to me sets alarm bells off. Dont think it will be pretty, think it could be quite rough but see LG winning.

You're basing this on what?

NAG1

Well one example might be the fact that three of your team were on the tiles the night before the semi final, but maybe that just shows their will to win in another way that I cant see.

the colonel

Quote from: NAG1 on September 21, 2011, 10:33:39 AM
Well one example might be the fact that three of your team were on the tiles the night before the semi final, but maybe that just shows their will to win in another way that I cant see.

????

Our boys could have lay down when 11 points down in the second half, but fought back to pull of a great comeback. Hardly the type of actions from a team who don't care. What other teams would have fought so hard in that situation?
the difference between success and failure is energy

oisinog

Quote from: NAG1 on September 21, 2011, 10:33:39 AM

It would be Intresting if you could name the 3 players. I know several of the players havent went out since the championship started

NAG1

Oisinog,

I could name them yes, but I wont be naming the players on here, but you can take it from me that I am not speaking anything other than 100% fact on this. Not that it matters now since they won their semi final just found it interesting behaviour to be engaged in so close to a big match. Therefore told me a little about their attitude to the game and the result for that matter, as Colonel says good fight back and hard work, but maybe wouldnt have been in that position to begin with if hadnt of engaged in the activities they did!

oisinog

Quote from: NAG1 on September 21, 2011, 11:46:16 AM
Oisinog,

I could name them yes, but I wont be naming the players on here, but you can take it from me that I am not speaking anything other than 100% fact on this. Not that it matters now since they won their semi final just found it interesting behaviour to be engaged in so close to a big match. Therefore told me a little about their attitude to the game and the result for that matter, as Colonel says good fight back and hard work, but maybe wouldnt have been in that position to begin with if hadnt of engaged in the activities they did!

Nag

Just because a player was out does not mean they were Drinking. I know there would be a lot of unhappy players in Cushendall if some of their players were out drinking.

I couldn't see Skinner starting players if they were out drinking. Cushendalls 3rd team won the McCaughan cup the night before so some of the 3rd team would have been out drinking.

I'm sure someone from Cushendall could confirm if this is true or not

NAG1

Quote from: oisinog on September 21, 2011, 11:54:38 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 21, 2011, 11:46:16 AM
Oisinog,

Nag

Just because a player was out does not mean they were Drinking. I know there would be a lot of unhappy players in Cushendall if some of their players were out drinking.

I couldn't see Skinner starting players if they were out. Cushendalls 3rd team won the McCaughan cup the night before so some of the 3rd team would have been out drinking.

I'm sure someone from Cushendall could confirm if this is true or not

Yes they were drinking

No they were not 3rds teamers

oisinog

Thats very intresting about the Cushendall players.

I would be intresting what someone from Cushendall has to say about this as this is out of Character for Cushendalls managment to let their players away with this

NAG1

Jesusjones

What a load of rubbish, Cushendall players were not out the night before the St. Galls game. Complete tripe