Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oisinog

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 20, 2011, 10:31:41 AM
I have been told Neil McM will definitely play.  This might not necesssarily be from the start of the game but he is expected to feature.  Think it will be a tight match with only a couple of scores in it.  Going to go for Loughgiel by 4 points.

Anyone know arrnagements with seating etc.  What is admission fees?  Do you need a ticket for the stand?

I cant see Neil playing to much of a risk for further Injury

btdtgtt

I take the county have decided to make the admission fees top secret?! What are they hoping to gain?! It is like a siege mentality without a siege!! Simple information!!
I honestly cannot see Cushendall winning without McManus - if he was fit I think they would make ammends for last year but without his playmaking and scores I think the Shams will score enough to lead with a bit to spare in the closing minutes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 20, 2011, 01:33:32 PM
I take the county have decided to make the admission fees top secret?! What are they hoping to gain?! It is like a siege mentality without a siege!! Simple information!!
I honestly cannot see Cushendall winning without McManus - if he was fit I think they would make ammends for last year but without his playmaking and scores I think the Shams will score enough to lead with a bit to spare in the closing minutes.
;)
Ok McManus played against Glenarrife, they only won by 3 he didn't play against us and they won by a point. He played against Loughgiel in the County final last year and they lost by a point. In that game he was injured and maybe should not have played as he was not that great (due to the injury)

Loughgiel scrapped past Rossa, they hammered a Ballycastle (without winker) team that in the end lost two players. Last year they played (along with Cushendall) crap in the final and manged to win by a point. I don't see a big improvement from either teams on Sunday and that's why either team can win it. Neil is a big loss but he's only one player and teams can play better (Winker) without their star players. It's a team sport

Another close final decided by the referee
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

aontroim

£10 a head for both finals - not sure if there will be a further fee to get into the stand - nothing mentioned about that yet.

Milltown Row2

Aye thats 20 quid overall FFS!!

Heading to both finals a couple of pints, food taxi's/fuel and you'll have spent a right few quid.

Will have to just head in at halftime ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2011, 03:42:37 PM
Aye thats 20 quid overall FFS!!

Heading to both finals a couple of pints, food taxi's/fuel and you'll have spent a right few quid.

Will have to just head in at halftime ;)

entry £20, pints £40, food £20, taxi's £20.

Your team being in the final every year/the dall beating the shamrocks- priceless  ;)
the difference between success and failure is energy

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on September 19, 2011, 12:42:17 PM
BAC there is definitely an air of familiarity with some of those words and phrases ;) Me thinks you have been on many times in the past and keep this going one of the MODS may do it again if not already. Very aggressive may be more underlying issues at work here :o Minder just may well be right, me thinks there may be a "Cat" ;) amongst the proverbial pigeons ::)

To the final lads, Shamrocks by what, MR whats the spread in PP?
Oh so wrong chum!  How did you know I was a carpet fitter, now thats really interesting? Amazing.
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

clootfromthe21

Quote from: the colonel on September 17, 2011, 03:22:45 PM
Dinnys for Galway as coach.... Jerry wallis a cert

This for definite?????

Jesusjones

The reason I'm confident is that everyone seems to have forgotten that Cushendall never really perform too well in the league or the feis. This time last year everyone was talking about how bad Loughgiel are and that Cushendall would win the final. Last year we played terrible and Loughgiel played to the pin of their collar and we still only lost by a point. Loughgiel won a handy Ulster championship, no one really tested them, in previous years ourselves or Dunloy were well tested by the likes of Ballycran and Dungiven. Loughgiel didn't perform at all well against a limited enough O Loughlin Gaels in the All Ireland. As usual Loughgiel have been impressive in the league, however they were impressive in the league 6 years in a row and got beat in the final every year. I don't know where this idea that Loughgiel are world beaters comes from, in truth the only big result they have had was last years final. Each Loughgiel players that takes the field will have 1 championship medal, all of our boys will have a minimum of 3 with lads like Declan Mc Killop, Odhran Scullion, Karl Mc Keegan and Aidan Delargy will have 5. Do you think if the game is tight the doubts won't creep in for Loughgiel? Cushendall by 4

Seamroga in exile

I don't think we've been overly impressive in the league at all. It was Dunloy's to lose and isn't over just yet. The main difference is that last year we yet again tied up going into the final 10 but pulled it back unlike previous years. Also, maybe you lot over there have forgotten, we won it! Cushendall haven't been impressive in any competition but have the knack of staying to the end, that's why I think it'll be another tight one. I have a lot of faith in our forwards who have been performing well this year. That's why I think we'll pull through.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Lecale2

Paddy Power Match Betting    
Loughgiel Shamrocks    8/15

Draw    9/1

Cushendall    7/4

auld stock

Neil broke his collar bone 10mins into last years final & take it from me he will def not be making an appearance on the pitch on sunday unless as i hope the 'dall win & he is on celebrating!!! i would be confident that we can win on sunday as if someone had told me on the morning of the final last year  that the shammrocks would score 1-9, i would have tore their arm off. yes they still scored more than us but im just saying that form goes right out the window on this one & i genuinely believe either team can win this one. l'guile have the monkey off their backs & will rightly start as favourites. add to this the 'dalls 2years of hurt & i think it is too close to call pre match.as for saying c'dall have beat nobody of note in the c'ship this last few years all i can say is that they beat all the teams put in front of them up to the final. if you wanted to be pedantic , you could also level that accusation at both teams this year,with l'guile beating 2 div 2 teams & c'dall beating 1 div 2 team. i am however not pedantic & i'll bet just like every other c'dall & l'guile supporter am delighted to be back in the final again with every chance of winning.dont give a damn if its easy on the eye or for that matter good for the neutral.results are all that count & as last year proved even if it ends up 1pt to nil the players & supporters of the winning team wouldnt be too bothered.in ten years time people wont ask how you won a c'ship, they'll ask when you won one.

Seamroga in exile

Couldn't agree more auld stock.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

maxpower

Cushendall to win by 2 points in a high scoring game

What happens next????

btdtgtt

Some great opinions lads it's building up nicely. But I fear MR2 might have hit the nail on the head here - the ref will decide it!