Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on September 12, 2011, 11:12:26 PM
from BreakingNews.ie

Current Antrim Senior Hurling manager Dinny Cahill is being challenged for his position after two other nominations for the role were submitted.

Ex Antrim trainer Jerry Wallace and former Down hurling manager John Crossey have both been nominated for the role, along with Cahill.

The Tipperary native is in his second stint at the helm with the Saffrons having succeeded the joint managerial duo of Dominic McKinley and Terence McNaughton in 2010.

During that campaign Cahill was assisted by Wallace, but the Cork native resumed his partnership with Donal O'Grady this year in Limerick, with the Shannonsiders claiming Division 2 league silverware.

Crossey took charge of Antrim's minor hurlers this year, where they lost by 38 points in the All-Ireland quarter-final to Galway after capturing Ulster honours thanks to a slender final win over Armagh.

The Belfast native has been a contender for the Antrim Senior role in the past.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/nominations-made-for-antrim-hurling-post-520223.html#ixzz1XlWdRTqa

Please someone tell me that is a joke?

drici

from BreakingNews.ie

after capturing Ulster honours thanks to a slender final win over Armagh.

A most unusual 'slender final win over Armagh.'

Ulster Minor Hurling Championship Final 2011
Aontroim 4-16  Doire 1-08

pdiddy

Quote from: NAG1 on September 13, 2011, 09:55:36 AM
from BreakingNews.ie

Current Antrim Senior Hurling manager Dinny Cahill is being challenged for his position after two other nominations for the role were submitted.

Ex Antrim trainer Jerry Wallace and former Down hurling manager John Crossey have both been nominated for the role, along with Cahill.

The Tipperary native is in his second stint at the helm with the Saffrons having succeeded the joint managerial duo of Dominic McKinley and Terence McNaughton in 2010.

During that campaign Cahill was assisted by Wallace, but the Cork native resumed his partnership with Donal O'Grady this year in Limerick, with the Shannonsiders claiming Division 2 league silverware.

Crossey took charge of Antrim's minor hurlers this year, where they lost by 38 points in the All-Ireland quarter-final to Galway after capturing Ulster honours thanks to a slender final win over Armagh.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/nominations-made-for-antrim-hurling-post-520223.html#ixzz1XlWdRTqa

It's a joke. ;D
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on September 13, 2011, 09:55:36 AM
from BreakingNews.ie

jerry wallace will get.  He more or less took them last time. From what i here he is the man for the job
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Why would he step away citing the traveling as the main reason as then let his name go forward for it?
Or was there more to it?

Milltown Row2

Are they separate nominations? Crossey isn't going with Wallace? is he?

What's people thoughts on Wallace
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

I dont know that much about him but the players seemed to talk quite highly about him.
But its definitely a case of A.B.C.  >:(

NAG1

HS very good

If Dinny wants it he should be allowed to continue, after the service he has given (agree with him in all things or not) he deserves to decide himself when enough is enough. No one was standing in line when he took it on again anyway.

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: NAG1 on September 13, 2011, 01:58:01 PM
HS very good

If Dinny wants it he should be allowed to continue, after the service he has given (agree with him in all things or not) he deserves to decide himself when enough is enough. No one was standing in line when he took it on again anyway.

Least we all forget as the debate gathers momentum Dinny is paid as will Wallace, its an income in difficult times lads, so when we talk about service remember it comes at a high cost!, they are receiving a healthy remuneration like most involved these days. Which undoubtedly has a knock on in the clubs and at the turnstiles. And please leave out the lectures about expenses etc etc etc

theskull1

good point to make

Puts a perspective why 8 pound is being charged for championship matches and how that £8 fee is stopping people from attending our games.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on September 13, 2011, 05:35:53 PM
good point to make

Puts a perspective why 8 pound is being charged for championship matches and how that £8 fee is stopping people from attending our games.
A fiver would have been grand to pay on Sunday night for a semi final game. I'll nearly turned up in my gear to save the few pound :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

4father

I don't think they realise that if they charged a small amount less, they would get more people in and therefore make more money.  The law of average economics or something I think its called.  It's how ASDA etc make shit loads of money.

ManInBlackandGreen

Listen the reality of the situation is that if CA ;D or Antrim County Board where offering expenses of 50/60/70k plus which in all fairness is a reality now, then they would be queued around the block for the job, Christ we may even get Davey Fitz for another 10k! Jesus some x antrim players/tv celebs are asking clubs for nearly half that amount ;)

I know get FTF to take a cut in his wages and that will cover at least half, or give his expenses over for the year and we can reduce the gates to £2 for championship! As usual the volunteers in the county do all the hard work for people to come in charge literally an arm and a leg in"Expenses" to take the credit. Maybe the revenue need to look at that instead of Referees match fees....................

4father

Has the hurling final been fixed yet?

Lecale2

Quote from: 4father on September 13, 2011, 09:19:18 PM
Has the hurling final been fixed yet?

Yeah it's been agreed that Shamrocks will win by 7.