Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2011, 02:23:45 PM
CUSHENDALL – Ronan Kearney, Sean Delargy, Conor Carson, Terence McAllister, Arron Graffin, Donal McNaughton, Martin Burke, Eunan McKillop,  Paddy McNaughton, Brian Delargy, Paddy McGill, Francis McAuley, Neil McManus, Shane McNaughton.     

I'd say Carson will move into fullforward and Scullion will head into fullback who'll fill the big man's position?                                                               
You would have to fancy your chances against 14 MR2? Sorry I forgot Ray was the ref...

4father

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2011, 02:32:31 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 11, 2011, 02:28:03 PM
Quote from: Just Puck It on September 11, 2011, 02:11:17 PM
He and Eddie McCloskey both got a yellow card at the same time in the first half.  He pulled around the back of Neal McAuley's (I think) legs.  Over towards the Loughgiel bench.

never knew he got booked that time. I thought it was only McCloskey and he should have been off. Never stopped him from giving out more dirt anyway.

MR the league will be the same result unless the Town make big changes to there game.

What's the craic up there? Ya's have a good catchment area and decent youngsters coming through. Would a decent outside manager be a option for yous? Someone without loyalties to certain people within the club?

You looking a job MR2?

theskull1

Re: The discussion about refs letting the game go.

Mattie Donnellys sending off typified the stupid blatant type of fouling that is ever present up here. Everybody can see it. It's a clear as day. Referee is in absolutely no doubt. Completely stupid. The two LG challenges in the first half were as bad. There appears to be some sort of false bravado being exercised by players, showing the crowd there not "feared" or something. Compare those type of challenges to the way KK play tough. You wouldn't see them do anything close to obvious and they wont spend the rest of the game thinking about getting retribution for an earlier incident. Evolution required
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

4father

Quote from: theskull1 on September 11, 2011, 02:45:20 PM
Re: The discussion about refs letting the game go.

Mattie Donnellys sending off typified the stupid blatant type of fouling that is ever present up here. Everybody can see it. It's a clear as day. Referee is in absolutely no doubt. Completely stupid. The two LG challenges in the first half were as bad. There appears to be some sort of false bravado being exercised by players, showing the crowd there not "feared" or something. Compare those type of challenges to the way KK play tough. You wouldn't see them do anything close to obvious and they wont spend the rest of the game thinking about getting retribution for an earlier incident. Evolution required

Here here

Seamroga in exile

Any score in the cloughmills game?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 11, 2011, 02:35:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2011, 02:23:45 PM
CUSHENDALL – Ronan Kearney, Sean Delargy, Conor Carson, Terence McAllister, Arron Graffin, Donal McNaughton, Martin Burke, Eunan McKillop,  Paddy McNaughton, Brian Delargy, Paddy McGill, Francis McAuley, Neil McManus, Shane McNaughton.     

I'd say Carson will move into fullforward and Scullion will head into fullback who'll fill the big man's position?                                                               
You would have to fancy your chances against 14 MR2? Sorry I forgot Ray was the ref...

Took that from the Antrim website!! Is that what they are up to, trying to confuse us? ha ha
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Yeah we need to stop slabbering at the referee, I'm the worst for it sometimes, I'll have to apologise to Robbo when i see him, give him dogs abuse on Wednesday night. Though the night was a major milestone in our club hurling development and i got a little carried away ::)

We want consistency in the refereeing and we want it to flow. Some want advantage others want to take the free (because they have a good free taker) it's a hard call. I know I've only done Juvenile games but have refereed 3 finals and the intensity and the calls from the line and in the stand can be intimidating so it's harder than you think to see everything.

Out of the top 3 hurling teams i think Dunloy are the only ones to have a referee who has played at a high standard (Cunning) Not sure of McIntyre's hurling past though i though he was a good referee in fairness. Has Cushendall a senior referee, Ballycastle or the other Div 1 teams? I think it makes a difference
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Forever Green

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 11, 2011, 02:53:48 PM
Any score in the cloughmills game?

Lamh Dhearg 2-9 1-9 Cloughmills FT.

Doesn't sound like the best of games but shite conditions to be playing in

4father

Well done LD, another team on the up.  Good to see.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Who won junior hurling

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2011, 02:32:31 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 11, 2011, 02:28:03 PM
Quote from: Just Puck It on September 11, 2011, 02:11:17 PM
He and Eddie McCloskey both got a yellow card at the same time in the first half.  He pulled around the back of Neal McAuley's (I think) legs.  Over towards the Loughgiel bench.

never knew he got booked that time. I thought it was only McCloskey and he should have been off. Never stopped him from giving out more dirt anyway.

MR the league will be the same result unless the Town make big changes to there game.

What's the craic up there? Ya's have a good catchment area and decent youngsters coming through. Would a decent outside manager be a option for yous? Someone without loyalties to certain people within the club?

I dunno MR. The manager now took over in the middle of a season when nobody else wanted the job. The reason nobody wanted it was cos boys wouldnt train or have any comitment. A man like Paul McKillen couldn't get more than 7 or 8 to trainng sessions and you would think he would have respect but no.  AT least Nander has got them to training and he was unlucky with boys leaving to work or play soccer and so on. I doubt if the club has the money to bring in an outsider but something needs done. There workrate for that sort of pressure hurling is way off the mark and they hit big long balls up the feild still. as for loyalties to certain people within the club well you could be right there. I wouldnt want to see Nander just dumped cos he stepped up when nobody else did and yes they got relegated but he took them back up. Also they are mostly young apart from Pinky and Cossy so there is potential. Someone who knows about tactics maybe to work with Nander if they work for nothing  ;D

Forever Green

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 11, 2011, 04:27:50 PM
Who won junior hurling

No result in yet but I am hearing that Creggan won the Junior. Congrats to them as they have some quality hurlers coming through and should be a force for a long time to come if they keep the side togehter

maxpower

Who is providing the updates,
What happens next????

4father

Let's not forget the eventual return to Div 2 to Sarsfields.  St Pauls have another year in Division 3 to look forward to.

btdtgtt

Anyone keeping us up to date from Dall v gall?