Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Another inch up and I could've been attending a wake today. Don't try and belittle the seriousness of what yer man done b+a. It was nothing more than an assault of the most cowardly kind. Shame on you for even trying to say otherwise!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: ruairi on September 11, 2011, 10:32:20 AM
I would agree with JJ's summary. Referee was inconsistant at times. skinner should have walked for that tackle and another head high tackle in first half about midfield line was played on, without as much as a free. Hippy got hit late after clearing a ball aswell and play continued also. Second half the referee got it right on both the sendings off. Matthew was too late and Hippy was a shoulder to the back after skinner just shouldered mc auley in center of chest. if he hadnt of being try to sneak away after his tackle he wouldnt have got it in the back. Was stupid of hippy to do it as he was on a yellow card.
Are you trying to justify what hippy did? Unbelievable!

Seamroga in exile

Anyhow, I hope St. Galls pull off another upset. I can't see it happening all the same. I would say that anything less than a 10 point victory for the Dall would be a disappointment for them. 

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 11, 2011, 12:23:28 PM
Another inch up and I could've been attending a wake today. Don't try and belittle the seriousness of what yer man done b+a. It was nothing more than an assault of the most cowardly kind. Shame on you for even trying to say otherwise!

I missed the challenge myself due to the number of bodies about the place. But I can tell you when it comes to cowardly assaults, the injured party in this case has a fair bit of previous over the years. Who knows if this contributed to the challenge that he took on this occasion (which was rightly dealt with by the referee) . Those who use the sword tend to come up against retribution eventually whether you or me believe it to be morally justfied or not.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

BlackandAmber

Amazing! Skinner ties to break a man's leg and broke his own stick that time I think. tries to break a man's ribs with his stick and then risks breaking a man's breastbone with a shoulder charge. never mind all the other dirty slaps he gave out and suddenly HEs the victim of a cowardly assault.  hahahahaha   

BlackandAmber

Quote from: theskull1 on September 11, 2011, 01:22:36 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 11, 2011, 12:23:28 PM

I missed the challenge myself due to the number of bodies about the place. But I can tell you when it comes to cowardly assaults, the injured party in this case has a fair bit of previous over the years. Who knows if this contributed to the challenge that he took on this occasion (which was rightly dealt with by the referee) . Those who use the sword tend to come up against retribution eventually whether you or me believe it to be morally justfied or not.

now now skull dont you know that Skinner is lined up for sainthood.

Seamroga in exile

Unbelievable!  Any of you fellas going to the intermediate final?

Just Puck It

Skinner was on a yellow card when he shouldered Neal McAuley in the chest - had Hippy not shouldered him in the back seconds after he should have walked too.  Thought it was poor on Duffy's part to allow his injury to overshadow the fact that he should have been walking off the pitch rather than carried.   

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Just Puck It on September 11, 2011, 01:54:31 PM
Skinner was on a yellow card when he shouldered Neal McAuley in the chest - had Hippy not shouldered him in the back seconds after he should have walked too.  Thought it was poor on Duffy's part to allow his injury to overshadow the fact that he should have been walking off the pitch rather than carried.   

Never knew that. WHat was he booked for cos he seemed to be slappin away without any worries.  If youse win tonight you better hope you dont get Duffy in the final cos for me he was biased for Loughgiel.

Just Puck It

He and Eddie McCloskey both got a yellow card at the same time in the first half.  He pulled around the back of Neal McAuley's (I think) legs.  Over towards the Loughgiel bench.

Milltown Row2

Might head up to the 'Town' when these two teams meet next year in the league. Wouldn't mind refereeing it to. might need an extra note book :D :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

CUSHENDALL – Ronan Kearney, Sean Delargy, Conor Carson, Terence McAllister, Arron Graffin, Donal McNaughton, Martin Burke, Eunan McKillop,  Paddy McNaughton, Brian Delargy, Paddy McGill, Francis McAuley, Neil McManus, Shane McNaughton.     

I'd say Carson will move into fullforward and Scullion will head into fullback who'll fill the big man's position?                                                               
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Just Puck It on September 11, 2011, 02:11:17 PM
He and Eddie McCloskey both got a yellow card at the same time in the first half.  He pulled around the back of Neal McAuley's (I think) legs.  Over towards the Loughgiel bench.

never knew he got booked that time. I thought it was only McCloskey and he should have been off. Never stopped him from giving out more dirt anyway.

MR the league will be the same result unless the Town make big changes to there game. 

Seamroga in exile

B+A when all your team can do is dish out the dirt you have to be prepared to take it back. Your team can't hurl. I would suggest you concentrate on helping your lot get better rather than posting drivel on this forum. Probably the worst team ever to come out of the town.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 11, 2011, 02:28:03 PM
Quote from: Just Puck It on September 11, 2011, 02:11:17 PM

never knew he got booked that time. I thought it was only McCloskey and he should have been off. Never stopped him from giving out more dirt anyway.

MR the league will be the same result unless the Town make big changes to there game.

What's the craic up there? Ya's have a good catchment area and decent youngsters coming through. Would a decent outside manager be a option for yous? Someone without loyalties to certain people within the club?