Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: maxpower on September 02, 2011, 09:19:00 AM
Ballycastle did lose 4 finals in the 90's, beat a good Rossa team in one of the semi finals

They were home and hosed against the Dall one year, 1992 I think, second of the Dalls three in a row, until they shit on the nest badly. Were in the final in 1993 again, Dall again, wasn't anywhere near as close.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jesusjones

We beat Ballycastle in 3 finals in the 90's. In 1992 it took a great comeback inspired by Danny Mc Naughton(RIP) to get us home, 1993 we won by 10 and in 1996 by 6.

Minder

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 02, 2011, 10:15:13 AM
We beat Ballycastle in 3 finals in the 90's. In 1992 it took a great comeback inspired by Danny Mc Naughton(RIP) to get us home, 1993 we won by 10 and in 1996 by 6.

In fairness that comeback was inspired as much by the Town keeper.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 02, 2011, 12:22:12 AM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 01, 2011, 10:27:41 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 01, 2011, 09:51:58 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 01, 2011, 07:37:55 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 01, 2011, 10:15:52 AM
Wouldnt matter, the wheels always come off the wagon for the town at the semi final stage. Dont think this current crop are any different.
i

And they've done just that fromwhat I here. Ructions at training about boyos boozing at the fair -maybe auld stock bitter cnut that he sounds was talking to them-  and 2 gone awol.  Too busy argueing about who was there to train.
A Bluff??

try phoning the local butchers and see if you can get a player
any other player might have belived you. Not him

I hope your right but its what I got told. Him and another boy are in Spain. I'll be back in the town tomorrow. I might buy some meat.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Minder on September 02, 2011, 11:47:14 AM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 02, 2011, 10:15:13 AM

In fairness that comeback was inspired as much by the Town keeper.

Spring???

Sleeping giant

Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 02, 2011, 12:00:30 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 02, 2011, 12:22:12 AM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 01, 2011, 10:27:41 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 01, 2011, 09:51:58 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 01, 2011, 07:37:55 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 01, 2011, 10:15:52 AM
Wouldnt matter, the wheels always come off the wagon for the town at the semi final stage. Dont think this current crop are any different.
i

And they've done just that fromwhat I here. Ructions at training about boyos boozing at the fair -maybe auld stock bitter cnut that he sounds was talking to them-  and 2 gone awol.  Too busy argueing about who was there to train.
A Bluff??

try phoning the local butchers and see if you can get a player
any other player might have belived you. Not him

I hope your right but its what I got told. Him and another boy are in Spain. I'll be back in the town tomorrow. I might buy some meat.
wel belive me. If every player that lines out for town wants it as bad as the lad in question.   Were in for a serious game!!  That being said. Dont think they do
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jesusjones

Minder I have a video of the 1992 final in the house, granted Paul Smyth dropped a long free into the net in the second half but Danny scored 1-7 that day. 0-3 from play in the second half. Quite simply without the performances of him, Sambo, Paddy Walsh and Mark Mc Cambridge we were beat that day.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 02, 2011, 01:05:34 PM
Minder I have a video of the 1992 final in the house, granted Paul Smyth dropped a long free into the net in the second half but Danny scored 1-7 that day. 0-3 from play in the second half. Quite simply without the performances of him, Sambo, Paddy Walsh and Mark Mc Cambridge we were beat that day.
96 was also a win inspired by Danny. Brother over the team and i think two sons in it. If ever a team deserved to win it, surely it was that year
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jesusjones

96 was a year we really had to win it for Danny who passed away earlier in the season. His son Ruairi played full forward in the semi against Cushendun and the final against Ballycastle scoring 0-4 from play. A fitting tribute to his dad.

Gold

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 02, 2011, 01:43:44 PM
96 was a year we really had to win it for Danny who passed away earlier in the season. His son Ruairi played full forward in the semi against Cushendun and the final against Ballycastle scoring 0-4 from play. A fitting tribute to his dad.

What the hell happened to Cushendun?

Remember them in a senior final 10 years ago and now they're Junior?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Jesusjones

Its sad to see what has happened to Cushendun, when Dunloy were put out in 1996 they should have went on to win the championship that year but they made a mess of the semi final against ourselves and the rest is history. They had great hurlers like the 2 grahams, dan kinney, aidan mort, emmett o hara and connleth mc neill and should have won at least 1 championship. Relegated from division 3 this year. sad sad state of affairs. Just goes to show you can never take your eye off the ball with the juveniles.

theskull1

With smaller family sizes, the national trust status is really where the problems lie isn't it?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Yeah must be difficult to get any sort of team out in the population catchment so small

pdiddy

Cracking hurler.  Retired from the game much to early imo.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

the colonel

Quote from: pdiddy on September 02, 2011, 03:29:34 PM

Cracking hurler.  Retired from the game much to early imo.

I think your correct. Doing a good bit of coaching the last few years thankfully
the difference between success and failure is energy