Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 01, 2011, 01:36:04 PM
Sleeping Giant, my own reading of Loughgiel has been that over the past 8 years or so they never take any game lightly, no matter championship, feis, league or whatever they always give it 100%. I'd be worried if I was a Loughgiel man. Cushendall are a different kettle of fish, you never know what they are going to do in the championship because they never give it everything in the league.
i belive it to be wide open. Who ever plays on the day. Also not a bad thing to try and give 100% in every game
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: NAG1 on September 01, 2011, 10:15:52 AM
Wouldnt matter, the wheels always come off the wagon for the town at the semi final stage. Dont think this current crop are any different.

And they've done just that fromwhat I here. Ructions at training about boyos boozing at the fair -maybe auld stock bitter cnut that he sounds was talking to them-  and 2 gone awol.  Too busy argueing about who was there to train.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2011, 02:31:46 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 01, 2011, 01:36:04 PM
Sleeping Giant, my own reading of Loughgiel has been that over the past 8 years or so they never take any game lightly, no matter championship, feis, league or whatever they always give it 100%. I'd be worried if I was a Loughgiel man. Cushendall are a different kettle of fish, you never know what they are going to do in the championship because they never give it everything in the league.

So Cushendall will win it this year? That's sorted.
Quelle surprise!!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 01, 2011, 07:37:55 PM
Wouldnt matter, the wheels always come off the wagon for the town at the semi final stage. Dont think this current crop are any different.
i

And they've done just that fromwhat I here. Ructions at training about boyos boozing at the fair -maybe auld stock bitter cnut that he sounds was talking to them-  and 2 gone awol.  Too busy argueing about who was there to train.
A Bluff??

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 01, 2011, 09:51:58 PM
i

A Bluff??

try phoning the local butchers and see if you can get a player

Milltown Row2

Bluff all they want, sure Loughgiel will hammer them anyway surely?? I jest, be a tight game and Loughgiel will be running scared. Rossa have not been great for a few years and ran them close last time out, Loughgiel were at full strength also so nothing else to bring to the table
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2011, 10:29:35 PM
Bluff all they want, sure Loughgiel will hammer them anyway surely?? I jest, be a tight game and Loughgiel will be running scared. Rossa have not been great for a few years and ran them close last time out, Loughgiel were at full strength also so nothing else to bring to the table
We run from no man!!!!!!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Fairhead

Always NAG1? 35 county final appearances would tend to suggest otherwise but maybe your dictionary has a different defninition of always!!!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 01, 2011, 10:27:41 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 01, 2011, 09:51:58 PM
i

A Bluff??

try phoning the local butchers and see if you can get a player
any other player might have belived you. Not him

NAG1

Quote from: Fairhead on September 01, 2011, 11:20:53 PM

Always NAG1? 35 county final appearances would tend to suggest otherwise but maybe your dictionary has a different defninition of always!!!

OK always in recent times then, look to the future fairhead not the past. Thats been half the problem there for the last 20 odd years no?

maxpower

Ballycastle did lose 4 finals in the 90's, beat a good Rossa team in one of the semi finals
What happens next????

NAG1

Well LG took alot more stick for losing not too many more finals  ;)

Point being they apart from one of the finals that sticks in my memory didnt come close. I have always been disappointed by them when it has come to the bigger games of 'recent times' they have good players and good talent but they never seem to produce it when it really really matters.

maxpower

i have expected more of them in some recent semi finals, where they have been very tame, though they did give us our fill of it 2 years ago in the Quarter Final
What happens next????

NAG1

Do you expect them to do the same to LG? I for one dont.

maxpower

No, I expect LG to win with a fair bit to spare
What happens next????