Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

My take on the game against Dunloy

We started off with getting the first point after some nice play from Karl who passed ball into Gaga, right after that Dunloy scored 2 goals and a point without reply, the goals that went in were awful in fairness. For the first I think Richmond knocked in a hopeful ball, our full backline were in front of the Dunloy forwards who advanced in, I think our goalkeeper had one eye on the forwards instead of both on the ball and it went through his legs!! The second was another balls up and could have been a foul out but hey shit happens.

At this point the Dunloy line were laughing out of embarrassment and thought that was that. Eventually we started to take control of the game and basically bossed midfield and just couldn't turn our possession into scores, Any score we got we had to work hard for it while Dunloy always had space and time to knock over the points.

Approaching halftime we were two points up on Dunloy having clawed our way into the game, noticed the Dunloy line getting a wee bit annoyed with their players, I said to my mate that Dunloy looked flat and uninterested, possibly over trained. Thought Dunloy would give themselves a shake at halftime and come out and blow us away.

We scored straight from the throw in and our lads kept at Dunloy, Midfield was still an area that they failed to have any influence and they didn't make any changes in that area, some of there county players were subbed also. But Dunloy worked a good goal and managed to get three in front and we were holding on, just. We managed to fumble a goal and it left the game, in injury time, 2 in it for Dunloy. Bap managed to score a goal for us on the 31st minute (he had two other chances before that) to leave us in dreamland

Dunloy took a quick puck out and found Liam Richmond while our lads were still celebrating!! Our forwards should have stopped the goalkeeper from taking it quickly and let us get into position, I feel, had we won possession, Owen would have blown fulltime. But we nearly managed to lose the game when our keeper tried to puck out the ball to one of our fullbacks and he fumbled only for Dunloy to miss the chance at the end.

Some confusion at the end as I think extra time should have been played, the game was 50/50 in terms of  how we were playing, at this point and I would have rather taking my chances on the night.

On the replay, I hope it goes the same way, if Dunloy have it in their locker to play better then they can go on a win, if that's all they had then our lads will feel then that there is another chance to get past them and beat one of the  "big three".    I think the replay will be next Wednesday under lights in Casement. We play Football Championship on Saturday night so it won't be before that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: NAG1 on August 30, 2011, 10:59:50 AM
Where are they getting the money from then?

I understand it is some NI/European Urban regeneration initiative.  Hannahstown falls under this category.  Fair play to them, as I said previously!
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

Bog Ash Camam

I also heard on Sunday evening that RM is ear marked for the county final, as this is allegedly, definitely his last year of refereeing and is officially due to retire at the end of the season.  However, I am not so sure it would carry any reliable substance, but then, you never know!
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bog Ash Camam on August 30, 2011, 01:05:00 PM
I also heard on Sunday evening that RM is ear marked for the county final, as this is allegedly, definitely his last year of refereeing and is officially due to retire at the end of the season.  However, I am not so sure it would carry any reliable substance, but then, you never know!

Not if Cushendall are in the final ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

I had heard the dunloy replay was tomorrow might under lights at casement
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on August 30, 2011, 01:39:07 PM

Nothing on Antrim website.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the colonel on August 30, 2011, 01:39:07 PM
[/quote

Next wednesday night I heard at Casement.

It's like a home pitch for some of our dual players, last weekend that weekend and then the following wed night!!

Gives a Dunloy a lot more time to sort out their problems and come back stronger, in the meantime our lads will get ready for St Brigids, it's only fair

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on August 30, 2011, 12:20:01 PM
What is the tarriff for getting sent off vor abusing an offical, maybe the maninblackandgreen could let us know. Some confusion on this.

Thought the fixture for that replay would have made the IN today but seems not.
wud it not be the 4 weeks like karl mc keegan got??
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

theskull1

With cushendall looming in the next round I'd have thought both hurling teams would have preferred tomorrow night if the St Brigids game could have been shifted to the Sun night. But the dark side is strong in milltown row so they wouldn't be having that.

Not much time for recouperation for the winners if the semi final date of Sunday week holds
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 30, 2011, 02:55:57 PM
With cushendall looming in the next round I'd have thought both hurling teams would have preferred tomorrow night if the St Brigids game could have been shifted to the Sun night. But the dark side is strong in milltown row so they wouldn't be having that.

Not much time for recouperation for the winners if the semi final date of Sunday week holds

Ah christ surely some of the lads will want to be at Croker. If Antrim county board don't rush things i.e the hurling semi (as the final won't be till end of September) then there would be plenty of time to play it. Christ what happens if we win though ::) Clash with football and hurling again

pdiddy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2011, 01:05:51 PM
Quote from: Bog Ash Camam on August 30, 2011, 01:05:00 PM

Not if Cushendall are in the final ;D

I heard Skinny was getting it  :P ;D
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

theskull1

Oh yeah!! ...Doh!

Did I ever tell you youse played well yet milltown...I can't remember  ;)

theskull1

From hoganstand

Dunloyrealist
County: Antrim

just got a text there confirming the replayed game between Dunloy and St Galls is on the wed 7th at Casement park

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 30, 2011, 03:18:07 PM
Oh yeah!! ...Doh!

Did I ever tell you youse played well yet milltown...I can't remember  ;)

Cunny funt!!!

ManInBlackandGreen

Did I hear someone call my name ;D Sorry lads been otherwise engaged the last week or so, depending on the infraction that "Terrible" put in his report I would say the maximum is 4 weeks in total, however taking into account additional permutations Terrible if he had the intelligence could work the rule book and get him 6/ 8 weeks if as said he had the intelligence of our more established National referee's ;) I'd put the money on 4 weeks, must check PP eh MR ;D