Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 29, 2011, 07:39:13 PM
Here!!!  I aint having go.  If it was up to me id tell them all to go
I wan't having a go fellow Seamroga, I was referring to this very situation that certain people were referring to around this time last year, on this board, in a negative sense.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Bog Ash Camam on August 29, 2011, 08:50:51 PM
I was talking to a few lads in Casement last night and they were telling me about the proposed developments for Lamh Dheargs pitch.  Apparently a 3G pitch and other major refurbishments/structural developments are going to take place having received a rake of money as an urban village development.  They also told me that when Casement is getting refurbished thay will become the "County Ground".  I am sure Loughgiel and St. Johns will not be too happy about that!  Fair play the the Lamhs all the same, thinking ahead :-X
It'll make no difference to us mate. I dare say we'll get our fair share of county hurling matches.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

aontroim

Quote from: Last Man on August 29, 2011, 08:56:18 PM
I was talking to a few lads in Casement last night and they were telling me about the proposed developments for Lamh Dheargs pitch.  Apparently a 3G pitch and other major refurbishments/structural developments are going to take place having received a rake of money as an urban village development.  They also told me that when Casement is getting refurbished thay will become the "County Ground".  I am sure Loughgiel and St. Johns will not be too happy about that!  Fair play the the Lamhs all the same, thinking ahead :-X
A field of dreams perhaps?

A field of pipe dreams perhaps - if the 'success' of their development draw is anything to go by.

Last Man

Quote from: aontroim on August 30, 2011, 12:14:14 AM
Quote from: Last Man on August 29, 2011, 08:56:18 PM
A field of dreams perhaps?

A field of pipe dreams perhaps - if the 'success' of their development draw is anything to go by.
Cart before the horse?

Jesusjones

A week or so ago I was advised on this discussion board that Cushendall wouldn't get near Rossa at U-16. Well we are just after beating them 1-11 to 1-9. In fairness both teams played some great hurling and it was a great game. 1-5 to 0-4 down at half time Cushendall put in a strong second half to win.

Last Man

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 30, 2011, 08:00:59 AM
A week or so ago I was advised on this discussion board that Cushendall wouldn't get near Rossa at U-16. Well we are just after beating them 1-11 to 1-9. In fairness both teams played some great hurling and it was a great game. 1-5 to 0-4 down at half time Cushendall put in a strong second half to win.
Thats a great result JJ,from a group of players that little was expected of and from a tight panel numbers wise. Watched Rossa earlier in the season an figured they would be the team to beat. Sambo has worked his magic again.

NAG1

Build it and they shall come

St Galls have it all to do again IMO. Looked like they had one of those nights were everything was going right for them and nothing was for Dunloy, those are the kind of nights when you need to be ruthless and put teams to the sword. Be interesting to see when the replay is fixed, both clubs cant be made happy with the date so will be intriguing.

Milltown Row2

Do Glenariffe and Cushendun have their own under 16 teams?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 30, 2011, 08:49:34 AM
Do Glenariffe and Cushendun have their own under 16 teams?

We have an U-16 team but no minor team, just don't have the numbers.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Last Man

Cushendun=St.Brendans, Glenariffe maybe not.

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 29, 2011, 10:07:46 PM
It'll make no difference to us mate. I dare say we'll get our fair share of county hurling matches.

Just telling you what I heard lad! It appears they are one of the few remaining urban villages and have now access to a sufficiently high amount of shackles.
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

NAG1

Where are they getting the money from then?

Glensman

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 27, 2011, 10:59:30 AM
Quote from: Glensman on August 27, 2011, 10:36:11 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 27, 2011, 10:19:31 AM
I never said it was ok. I just wonder if someone else had've been in that situation would they have got the same treatment. I would hope so but don't think so. The vultures always circle for their piece of meat as soon as Winker steps out of line. Like I said before, he was stupid for getting involved. Enough said.

When Karl McKeegan is behind the wire tomorrow night in Loughgiel sure maybe siddle up and have a wee chat with him about the merits of calling the referee this and that...

If it helps you sleep at night, if it gives you something to moan about in the Pound, if you actually think his teammates join in this persecution complex for/with him (do you actually think so?!) then fair enough...

"Our wee Liam was stupid for getting involved"   "always in the wrang place at the wrang time" - change the record, it is seriously old and scratched.
I don't drink in the Pound. Last time I looked he wasn't that wee either. I did say that he got what he deserved, what's your point?

McAllisters then...

Point was mainly in reference to your line "I just wonder if someone else had've been in that situation would they have got the same treatment."

Karl McKeegan did so I disagree with your point. Whoever called a linesman/official a b@stard/gypsy b@stard TWICE deserves to go so in my humble opinion you're wondering is wrong.

As I say it's my opinion. No hatred from me whatsoever. All I want is consistency and a bit of respect for officials. Don't care who the person is.

You made it personal by bringing Winker into it and questioning whether others would be treated the same.

Any word on Dunloy/Galls replay?

Jesusjones

Lastman, in fairness our U-16's have a management team most county's in Ulster would give their right arm for, Sambo, Alex Emerson and Sean Delargy. Our U-16's aren't just good at U-16 level, we have a good 6 or 7 of them performing brilliantly at minor level as well. We were delighted with the result last night and fair play to Rossa they were brilliant as well, some cracking young hurlers.

NAG1

What is the tarriff for getting sent off vor abusing an offical, maybe the maninblackandgreen could let us know. Some confusion on this.

Thought the fixture for that replay would have made the IN today but seems not.