Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the colonel

Quote from: Minder on August 29, 2011, 12:53:59 PM
Apparently we played Tosh in the backs with the wind to try and stop ball going into McManus, as I would say Cushendall would have been looking to finish the game early with goals from him.

I am sure you could have played someone else in there to do that role? Neil came out and won quite a bit of ball in the first half and got fouled a few times when he was bearing down on goal. Strange having Chris sheppard in forwards also. Dan McKillop never touched leather in an unusual corner forward role.  Minder it certainly looked like Paul McD was not pleased at all but to be fair i've never seen a man who came on as a sub, taking it well when he was removed again.

We had a few well below par and struggled with glenarriffes extra man back. Thought Graffin was best man on show last night.
the difference between success and failure is energy

maxpower

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2011, 12:35:40 PM
Game to be played i hear (hope) Wednesday week under floodlights in Casement.

Why did Dunloy play so bad? Or wait i think we played really well and if we bring a bit of composure to the replay we could win the match. We were missing two starters who were away on holidays so they will give us extra options on the day/night. Speak more later, out on a fun day with family :o

Can't see the teams agreeing to that, does it not now have to be a North Antrim venue, and I doubt if the winning team would then be happy to play a Championship semi final against the competition favourites with on 3 days rest

On the game St Galls hurled well, very well, and will be most disappointed they didn't take what was a glorious chance to win the game. But we're still alive in the competion, we'll have to see if we can make a more positive impact the next day
What happens next????

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on August 29, 2011, 01:13:52 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 29, 2011, 12:53:59 PM
Apparently we played Tosh in the backs with the wind to try and stop ball going into McManus, as I would say Cushendall would have been looking to finish the game early with goals from him.

I am sure you could have played someone else in there to do that role? Neil came out and won quite a bit of ball in the first half and got fouled a few times when he was bearing down on goal. Strange having Chris sheppard in forwards also. Dan McKillop never touched leather in an unusual corner forward role.  Minder it certainly looked like Paul McD was not pleased at all but to be fair i've never seen a man who came on as
a sub, taking it well when he was removed again.

We had a few well below par and struggled with glenarriffes extra man back. Thought Graffin was best man on show last night.

I am sure Paul wasn't too happy but he was out for the guts of a year with a knee injury and just isn't fit at the minute and wasnt able to get to the ball. He would have been a handy fella to have in the forwards if he was fit. I think Chris Sheppard was in CHF to try and nullify Natty and just break ball but we have tried him there various times through the years and it has never worked, he is an excellent corner back when he is on his game and I wouldn't play him anywhere else.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sleeping giant

I dont think we will get it as handy as i would like in semi. The town are known as a championship team.  Maybe not so much past 10 years. But they have enough to make sure we dont get it are own way. I still fancy us to come away with few to spear. Dunloy to get into semi and dall to beat them by 6/8 points
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

gelvis

MR2 when did Big Anton come back to yous?  Thought he was gettin his kicks with Davitts for the last year or two?
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 29, 2011, 12:32:51 PM
The spiral of hatred continues. Quite sad really.
wudnt have it any other way. Plus. Love him or hate him. Great lad. But brings alot on his self!      To the fair he shall go ;D

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 29, 2011, 03:43:54 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 29, 2011, 12:32:51 PM
The spiral of hatred continues. Quite sad really.
wudnt have it any other way. Plus. Love him or hate him. Great lad. But brings alot on his self!      To the fair he shall go ;D
Oh I know mate. But imagine a young fella heading to the fair!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Here!!!  I aint having go.  If it was up to me id tell them all to go

Bog Ash Camam

Bloody spelt my username wrong! "Camam" instead of "Caman".  Can I change this anyway?  Any help would be appreciated!
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

Minder

Quote from: Bog Ash Camam on August 29, 2011, 08:02:18 PM
Bloody spelt my username wrong! "Camam" instead of "Caman".  Can I change this anyway?  Any help would be appreciated!

Shows your individuality. Leave it as it is.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bog Ash Camam

Great game in Casement last night.  The St. Galls lads really performed well!  Just confirms to me that championship is a different story.  Galls lads hurled with gusto, belief and passion.  Fair play to them.  Is this maybe the start of the hurling revival in Belfast.  Rossa and St. Galls putting it up to the north Antrim teams.  Well done the city lads.  That wee lad that came on as a sub for the Galls is a flying machine, playing in behind the Dunloy defence, picking up the scraps and then motoring in on goal.  If he had of been on earlier, I reckon he may have really put Dunloy to the sword.  Karl Stewart really showed his hurling qualities!

Milltown Row2

One good game doesnt make a championship, if we win the replay then that would be some achievement
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2011, 08:33:29 PM
One good game doesnt make a championship, if we win the replay then that would be some achievement

Could'nt agree more Milltown, but great performance all the same!  Dunloy in my opion were slow, sloppy and seemed very laboured.  Their stickwork was second rate compared to Galls.

Bog Ash Camam

I was talking to a few lads in Casement last night and they were telling me about the proposed developments for Lamh Dheargs pitch.  Apparently a 3G pitch and other major refurbishments/structural developments are going to take place having received a rake of money as an urban village development.  They also told me that when Casement is getting refurbished thay will become the "County Ground".  I am sure Loughgiel and St. Johns will not be too happy about that!  Fair play the the Lamhs all the same, thinking ahead :-X

Last Man

Quote from: Bog Ash Camam on August 29, 2011, 08:50:51 PM
I was talking to a few lads in Casement last night and they were telling me about the proposed developments for Lamh Dheargs pitch.  Apparently a 3G pitch and other major refurbishments/structural developments are going to take place having received a rake of money as an urban village development.  They also told me that when Casement is getting refurbished thay will become the "County Ground".  I am sure Loughgiel and St. Johns will not be too happy about that!  Fair play the the Lamhs all the same, thinking ahead :-X
A field of dreams perhaps?