Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Skull, a wee bit more credit than that please, we hurled well
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

customsandrevenue

Number twenty five the subsitute got the goal on the fifth chance he had. The Galls could have won the game long before but it might have woke Hounds up. Time and a replay is write - written - right - correct.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2011, 12:32:55 AM
Bar their shooting St Galls taught us a hurling lesson.

how much credit do you want, i agree with you for what its worth st galls hurled well, karl stewart was outstanding but doesnt detract from the fact we where awfull as skull said. think we went into this game looking at the next match. we got out of jail tonight big time and if we cant get past you in the replay good luck.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Coming out of the woodwork now. Why did Dunloy play so bad?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

I was at 3 of the 4 games this weekend and for what its worth I think the team that came out of it best was Ballycastle. Loughgiel were very poor against Rossa, thought Cushendall responded well to a great effort from Glenariffe and I'm sure St. Galls will be kicking themselves this morning. Ballycastle were totally dominant against St. Johns, Neil Mc Auley was unreal, Cozzy sent over some lovely points as well. What price an upset and Ballycastle into the final?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 29, 2011, 08:36:16 AM
I was at 3 of the 4 games this weekend and for what its worth I think the team that came out of it best was Ballycastle. Loughgiel were very poor against Rossa, thought Cushendall responded well to a great effort from Glenariffe and I'm sure St. Galls will be kicking themselves this morning. Ballycastle were totally dominant against St. Johns, Neil Mc Auley was unreal, Cozzy sent over some lovely points as well. What price an upset and Ballycastle into the final?
You'd love that, wouldn't you? I don't think we'll be so lackadaisical against the town.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Megaman

jeez i think we are getting abit carried away here, three very poor performances from the Big 3 and all of a sudden theres not as big a gap. i have said for a few years the top 3 are not anywhere near as good as a few years ago (or i should say dunloy & Cushendall, those two have came back to loughgiels level)  but IMO they are still way and above any other team.

was suprised at the Dunloy result but i expect Dunloy to win at a canter in the replay.  as for the other games , St Johns are an awful bad team, ballcastle played not too bad and without Neal McAuley and to an extent causie are also poor, btw N McAuley was the best player over the weekend by a million miles.

Rossa where poor and if Loughgiel played at all would have won easy, glenarriffe scored two goals at the start of each half which imo flattered them, if they would try and play hurling they might have had a chance, as poor as the dall where they never imo looked like losing.

i still expect loughgiel to win thier semi and the other one is a tough one to call, the dall have been poor most of the year while Dunloy have been playing well recently so its a toss of a coin (that is if dnloy get through as i expect.)

Last Man

Only saw the Dunloy St.Galls match and was shocked how sloppy and disjointed Dunloy looked. St.Galls gave it a great lash, working some top drawer scores and had big Anton been fit there might have been 6 or 7 in it. Karl controlled midfield for the full hour, smashin player. Not surprisingly it was Nancy who was fouled leading to the equalising score, it's time the younger boys showed his hunger and work rate.

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2011, 12:32:55 AM

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2011, 01:09:33 AM
Coming out of the woodwork now. Why did Dunloy play so bad?
???
Post 10mins after getting home and one a few hours later explaining that youse had been given credit for they way youse played. What are you talking about now Milltown? Fcuk sake! ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

BlackandAmber

Quote from: BlackandAmber on August 25, 2011, 10:33:58 AM
The Championship

Predictions for the weekend

Loughgiel  Rossa  Glenravel 26/08/2011 19:15  Quarter-Final 

No bother for the Shamrocks with or without Watson.  Loughgiel by 15pts or more

Ballycastle  St Johns  Loughgiel 27/08/2011 19:00  Quarter-Final

Might be the onlycontest of the weekend. Ballycastle won't get it easy but I'll take them to win by 3/4 pts

Cushendall  Glenariffe  Loughgiel  28/08/2011 18:00  Quarter-Final 

The Dall at a canter.  10/12 pts in it.

St Galls  Dunloy  Casement Park 28/08/2011 19:30  Quarter-Final

Dunloy also at a canter.  Another 15 pt or more win.

;D  ;D  ;D

well that didn't quite work out!

Was at 2 games.

Loughgiel were complacent and as usual when the Divine One plays too dependent on him.  He did get a few slaps that weren't in the spirit of the game and got frustrated but Loughgiel have done all right all year without him and I heard some Loughgiel fans speculating that they'll be better without him.  They won't be as complacent either. Those same fans didn't see too much to worry about from Ballycastle and I can't really blame them. It could have been a lot different for St Johns.  4 pointsd up after 20 minutes. they had a good point ruled wide. A penalty saved.  They could have been 8 points up and The Town might not have come back from that. Like other posters have said Neal McAuley was tremendous. The Town's 2 goals in the second half were a bit fortunate.  The keeper could have done better with young McAfee's shot and the second was straight from a sideline cut. Simon McCrory had a cracking game for St johns and Brian Mcfall was good too. The Town need to improve a lot if there going to get close to Loughgiel.

NAG1

Loughgiel did enough to win, our boy can concentrate on getting paid for a few weeks now and be back for the final no doubt

Cushendall did enough to win

Ballycastle beat a below par st johns teams

Dunloy bad day at the office and nearly got caught

Dont think anything has changed, st galls should of and could of won that game, dunloy got lucky but experience seemed to tell they didnt panic and got the point to tie the game up.

Any word of the replay MR2 as I dont think the semi will be moved from the 18th

Boat missed me thinks

Seamroga in exile

The spiral of hatred continues. Quite sad really.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Game to be played i hear (hope) Wednesday week under floodlights in Casement.

Why did Dunloy play so bad? Or wait i think we played really well and if we bring a bit of composure to the replay we could win the match. We were missing two starters who were away on holidays so they will give us extra options on the day/night. Speak more later, out on a fun day with family :o

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2011, 12:35:40 PM
Game to be played i hear (hope) Wednesday week under floodlights in Casement.

Why did Dunloy play so bad? Or wait i think we played really well and if we bring a bit of composure to the replay we could win the match. We were missing two starters who were away on holidays so they will give us extra options on the day/night. Speak more later, out on a fun day with family :o
Easy MR :D, don't think anybody said yous didnt play well but the things Dunloy did poorly, like basic stickwork, overworking the ball, anticipation of breaks etc considering their usual standard kept it nip and tuck. The replay will still be a tight affair but I expect a very different Dunloy side to show Wednesday week so you will need to be full strength.

Minder

Apparently we played Tosh in the backs with the wind to try and stop ball going into McManus, as I would say Cushendall would have been looking to finish the game early with goals from him.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"