Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: BlackandAmber on August 25, 2011, 06:17:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 25, 2011, 04:57:24 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 25, 2011, 04:26:17 PM
MR2
Dont think it will make that much of a difference Div 1 to Div 2 and dont think there will be much in it but something tells me to go with the town on this one.

You serious?

The Town have won Div 2. St Johns have struggled in Div 1.  You'd think that would leave them close.  I think it will be close and maybe my 3/4 pt prediction for the Town is based on hope  ;D

Going into the game on winning form might help the towns confidence but the Johnnies also have a few good wins recently so they're not exact down in the dumps either.

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on August 25, 2011, 07:05:14 PM
MR2
Dont think it will make that much of a difference Div 1 to Div 2 and dont think there will be much in it but something tells me to go with the town on this one.

You serious?

The Town have won Div 2. St Johns have struggled in Div 1.  You'd think that would leave them close.  I think it will be close and maybe my 3/4 pt prediction for the Town is based on hope  ;D

Going into the game on winning form might help the towns confidence but the Johnnies also have a
few good wins recently so they're not exact down in the dumps either.

I thought they hadn't won a league game for quite a while.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on August 25, 2011, 07:08:32 PM
MR2

You serious?

Going into the game on winning form might help the towns confidence but the Johnnies also have a

did they not beat Dunloy a few weeks back?

I take that back, that was in June.

I heard they gave the Ports a real game of it and had improved immensely to the team that they had down with us.

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on August 25, 2011, 07:10:54 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 25, 2011, 07:08:32 PM
MR2

You serious?

did they not beat Dunloy a few weeks back?

19th June that was.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Thats cleared things up, lump on Ballycastle!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

Just a word of warning!  Was told this evening that Ballycastle only just won a friendly against Dungiven at the weekend.    :o

Jesusjones

I'd say Dungiven will win Derry and give whoever wins Antrim a tight game in the Ulster championship.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 25, 2011, 09:09:11 PM
I'd say Dungiven will win Derry and give whoever wins Antrim a tight game in the Ulster championship.

Is that how the Ulster Championship goes this year? Antrim Champions play Derry?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

so,  business end is here again,   views for the weekends games?  any shocks?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 25, 2011, 10:57:06 PM
so,  business end is here again,   views for the weekends games?  any shocks?
No.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

oisinog

The championship always has a few shocks so I wouldn't juts take it for granted that the favourites will all win

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: oisinog on August 26, 2011, 02:00:32 PM
The championship always has a few shocks so I wouldn't juts take it for granted that the favourites will all win
When was the last time one of the "big three" were beaten by a team that wasn't in the "big three"?

Seamroga in exile

It could be tonight! Rossa 4-3 up at half time. Shamrocks haven't taken the field yet. They need to buck up their ideas a bit.

maxpower

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 26, 2011, 07:20:33 PM
Quote from: oisinog on August 26, 2011, 02:00:32 PM
When was the last time one of the "big three" were beaten by a team that wasn't in the "big three"?

The last time Dunloy, Loughgiel or Cushendall lost to someone other than themselves was 2005 when Rossa beat both Dunloy and loughiel, but at that time Rossa had a team deserving to win a championship. The last genuine shock in championship was probaly Ballycastle beating Loughgiel in Dunloy around 04
What happens next????

Antrim2011

Any update on the St.Teresas and Cloughmills game?