Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

All the best teams get singled out for rough treatment, Cushendall are the current minor antrim and ulster champions and have again played some great stuff this year. As far as I am concerned the trouble at the ballycastle and st. galls matches was instigated by the opposition who had designs on knocking out the top team and then couldn't take it when it didn't happen for them. Against Ballycastle it was the castle players who started the fight, castle supporters who came over the wire first, I am not defending the dall supporters who came over the wire and I am sure they will be punished in due course. At the St. Galls game I put all of the blame on the St. Galls players and management, some of the things that went on were terrible and it even resulted in a St. Galls and Antrim senior footballer calling his own players and mentors a disgrace and telling them they should be ashamed of themselves.

Just Puck It

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2011, 01:08:48 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 24, 2011, 10:20:55 AM
JamesH, did you's not win?

Are St Galls a threat at this age group or any other at hurling?

Then man up and let it go, if they themselves feel that this is the way to treat and manage junvenile teams then let them be, because no success will ever come from this approach.

MR2 not a dig at you could be said the same of many clubs across the board. Just time to shun people who behave like this and not give them the oxygen of any type of publicity.

If you don't want to have a dig, then why dig? If you posted your club we could all have a swipe at it.

As for not being a threat at hurling, sure we never said we were. There are plenty of hurling lads within the club who were totally shamed at the other nights activities, like i'm sure you have lads from Ballycastle and Cushendall fiasco who were embarrassed at their players/members when there was a free for all.

Seems to me that trouble follows the Dall minor team , but maybe it's other peoples fault all the time ;)

Disagree with that.  Two games this year there has been trouble - albeit they were two games in a row.  You can argue that Cushendall had a hand in the trouble at the first game, but in Rossa Park on Friday night there would have been no trouble at all only for an extremely ill-disciplined St Gall's minor team.  The only reason trouble seems to have 'followed' our minor team was because your team only wanted use the game as a disguise for pulling the stick.  Speaks for itself when two of your players were sent off closely followed by a lose of all interest in the game.  Your number 10 deserves nothing less than a year's ban for what he did, as do the mentors for acknowledging what he did by changing his jersey from number 10 to number 14.  CJ McGourty hung over the fence himself telling your own players what a disgrace they were to your club.  Don't spew that shite that trouble follows us when every bit of it was instigated by your own players.

Milltown Row2

Have I supported what went on in Rossa park? No, I wasn't even there so can't comment on it. In fact I was in Cushendall!! People in glass houses.......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Just Puck It

No but you were suggesting that the trouble follows Cushendall, as if they are responsible for it.  I was just correcting you on that part...

Milltown Row2

No need, i put a smiley face on that part.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

The Championship

Predictions for the weekend

Loughgiel  Rossa  Glenravel 26/08/2011 19:15  Quarter-Final 

No bother for the Shamrocks with or without Watson.  Loughgiel by 15pts or more

Ballycastle  St Johns  Loughgiel 27/08/2011 19:00  Quarter-Final

Might be the onlycontest of the weekend. Ballycastle won't get it easy but I'll take them to win by 3/4 pts

Cushendall  Glenariffe  Loughgiel  28/08/2011 18:00  Quarter-Final 

The Dall at a canter.  10/12 pts in it.

St Galls  Dunloy  Casement Park 28/08/2011 19:30  Quarter-Final

Dunloy also at a canter.  Another 15 pt or more win.

NAG1

Agree on all of the B&A

Though the town vs St Johns could a tight one, depending on how both teams turn up.

Milltown Row2

Will the standard of Div 2 playing a Div 1 team make a big difference in that game? (St Johns v Ballycastle)

St Johns have a very youthful appearance about them, I fancy them to beat Ballycastle and at 6/5 that's a good enough price for me. With the 3 McFauls, McCrory and a few decent minor players I think they have better players than Ballycastle

With St Johns out of the Football Championship they will be more keen to stay in some championship.

NAG1

MR2
Dont think it will make that much of a difference Div 1 to Div 2 and dont think there will be much in it but something tells me to go with the town on this one.

maxpower

What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 25, 2011, 04:26:17 PM
MR2
Dont think it will make that much of a difference Div 1 to Div 2 and dont think there will be much in it but something tells me to go with the town on this one.

You serious?

ManInBlackandGreen

Referee for this one needs updated, I hear G Duffy is not refereeing The Town v St Johns  :o

oisinog

Is the information out for the refs yet I didnt see anything when I was checking the county website

Dont worry I found it. I was expecting Tommy for our game but Ray is spot on

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 25, 2011, 04:57:24 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 25, 2011, 04:26:17 PM
MR2

You serious?

The Town have won Div 2. St Johns have struggled in Div 1.  You'd think that would leave them close.  I think it will be close and maybe my 3/4 pt prediction for the Town is based on hope  ;D