Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Just so you know ....My post was in reference to the whole discussion..not specific to one post/poster
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

So, just to clear it up, Neil said it, right ?!
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

aontroim

Quote from: NAG1 on August 17, 2011, 11:51:16 AM
Some one verbally abused the ref - someone got sent off - cdall dispute who said it - cdall will appeal on mistaken identity - county will investigate

Is that not it?

Ulster game, so discipline is dealt with by Ulster CCC - probably means longer delays than had it been dealt with by Antrim.

oisinog

Quote from: ruairi on August 17, 2011, 11:53:38 AM
Oisinog I would be intrigued to find out who said it was neil said it. It is common knowledge that it wasnt Neil, and as I previously stated I am 100 % certain that it wasnt.

Quit trying to wind up shit which simply isnt true.

I have spoken to several people that includes family who agree it was Neil who said it. Again I have nothing against Neil I consider him a mate and I'm sure he would say the same about me.

I would be interested to know where you were around the pitch that night as it happend just in front of me.

At the end of the Day it does not matter to me if Neil gets off or not if Karl admits to saying it he is not risking suspension as I have said several times on one can be suspended if a red card is over ruled

Milltown Row2

I think we shouldn't really be at it here in fairness, let the CB deal with what comes from it and let it be. Our club have been "dealt harshly" (depends on your views) over the years and at the end of the day the CB is not for changing their minds on a lot of things, with referees being abused and attacked lately this will only get worse and i expect at the start of the season when the referees get together for their pre season training this will be dealt with at length.

Expect a lot of sending off's from now on in if players mouth back to the referee, only other option will be no games as the referees will refuse to do the games, it's not as if it will affect their wages ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ruairi

Minder - got a giggle from me

the skull1 - my mistake then

Hardstation - Well sure RM heard someone say it and saw his opportunity from the league game. Thats the way i see it. Wouldnt be fair for Neil to pick up a suspension for that. 

Oisinog - I was on the pitch closer to the comment than RM was. Believe me it wasn't Neil and I dont believe you were talking to anyone reliable as i have stated before, i am certain.

the colonel

Oisin Og. Biggest load of pish I ever heard on here. Wind yer neck in
the difference between success and failure is energy

oisinog

You can trust me I was speaking to people from Cushendall

At the end of the day It appears Ray is doing Cushendall a favour if he is admitting mistaken Identity so I dont understand that cushendall have a problem with him.

That me done we will agree to disagre. If Neil gets off so be it we are execting Neil to be involved anyway

ruairi

Oisinog I would expect one of the 2 suspended. personally i would prefer neil missing for 1 game as opposed to karl missing 2. We will get it tough against you's, but depends how the team deal with this setback. Could possibily work in our favour and make the other players more determined.

The people who you were speaking to were either misinformed or just trying to wind you up then. We will definitely be agreeing to disagree on this subject. I heard it with my own ears from a very short distance and was speaking to the people involved at the end of normal time. both had exactly described what i heard being said by who i heard saying it.

Believe me Ray will be doing no favours to us. Lets just wait and see how this one pans out.   

oisinog

Ruairi if the red card is over ruled then no one gets suspended.

This is why someone was willing to come forward and say it was me because they know they cant be suspended

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: ruairi on August 17, 2011, 12:26:10 PM
Oisinog I would expect one of the 2 suspended. personally i would prefer neil missing for 1 game as opposed to karl missing 2. We will get it tough against you's, but depends how the team deal with this setback. Could possibily work in our favour and make the other players more determined.

The people who you were speaking to were either misinformed or just trying to wind you up then. We will definitely be agreeing to disagree on this subject. I heard it with my own ears from a very short distance and was speaking to the people involved at the end of normal time. both had exactly described what i heard being said by who i heard saying it.

Believe me Ray will be doing no favours to us. Lets just wait and see how this one pans out.   
Well said. Let's leave it for the Ulster Council to sort out

ruairi

Oisinog i believe that wont be the end of it. The comment was said and apparently RM knows who said it now. With all what is happening throughout the country, the ccc will prob want to stand behind the referees and give them their backing. I would think the suspension will be transferred but i would prefer it it stood for reasons mentioned earlier. Although its infair to Neil, it is better for our team if we get through the first game.

We will just have to wait and see how it all works out. Time will tell.

oisinog

I dont think it will be the end of it either.

It would mean a rule change within the GAA in relation to suspension. As Ray didnt send the other person off he cant make mention to it in his match report. As far as I am aware he can make an addition that there was possible mistaken Identity which would overrule the sending off. If he was to add a name to it there would be questions to where this information came from and why was he not sent off in the first place

ruairi

I am obviously not sure what RM has in his report. I have my own opinion why Neil was sent off but RM also must have had a suspicion it was neil as he is obviously aware of the rules, but this time was mistaken.

Either way it isnt going to be swept under the carpet. i will be interesting to see what the outcome will be.   

oisinog

Quote from: ruairi on August 17, 2011, 12:51:49 PM
I am obviously not sure what RM has in his report. I have my own opinion why Neil was sent off but RM also must have had a suspicion it was neil as he is obviously aware of the rules, but this time was mistaken.

Either way it isnt going to be swept under the carpet. i will be interesting to see what the outcome will be.   

I know the GAA is running a respect campaign and it appears refs have taken a more stricter stance at verbal abuse and to be honest its about time. We have had a big problem with it still do at times. I think a high profile sending off because of this is needed at the the min the most high profile hurler in antrim in Neil.

The CCC may recemmond a club suspension but the cant apply, There may be rule changes coming