Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: gelvis on August 16, 2011, 02:35:29 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 16, 2011, 01:44:35 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 15, 2011, 12:40:53 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 14, 2011, 10:25:06 PM
That's a good result for Creggan. They'll maybe be strong contenders for junior championship.

There is talk that Cushendun won't have a senior team next year, sad when you think they were in a senior final 10 years ago.
Any of the "old guard" still about i.e. Aidan Mort, Rab Laverty, the McSparrans, Conleth Magee etc? Had some good players back in the day but all those boys would be 36-38 now.

Brendan McSparran was playing this year but I doubt he'll be playing much next year with a new kid on the way

Bloody hell, the next generation of Harry Hills to frequent the Bot.

Only joking bubbles.

the colonel

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2011, 09:19:06 PM
Quote from: the colonel on August 16, 2011, 09:15:36 PM
Do you mean because of their jobs MIBG? They have been named. Surely rays actions should be highly questioned.

What? Making a mistake? someone calls you a cheating cnut and you turn round and book the player who you think said it, or has he done something else?

A bit more yes
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

The truth shall set them free.

If C'Dall and the town want to play games with the county committee then this is a saction they will have to accept.
No point whinging about it.

On the NMcM suspension, if someone else admits to it, then they serve the time, dont think there is anything more to it than that. Pretty simple.

How does this ban on home matches affect the town's early morning training regime?  ;)

the colonel

Quote from: NAG1 on August 17, 2011, 08:28:18 AM
The truth shall set them free.

If C'Dall and the town want to play games with the county committee then this is a saction they will have to accept.
No point whinging about it.

On the NMcM suspension, if someone else admits to it, then they serve the time, dont think there is anything more to it than that. Pretty simple.

How does this ban on home matches affect the town's early morning training regime?  ;)

NAG1 no disrespect but you have no idea what is going on so can make prejudgments. We have not tried to play games with the CCC. And on the suspensions, I won't even comment on the conduct of certain individuals, trust me it has been far from simple as posts in the last week have discussed who was responsible

NAG1

Colonel, no disrespect either but its quite simple, your pitch wouldnt be closed if the individuals involved had been put forward for suspension by the club. The individuals would have taken the bans and not the club.
If the club prefer to have their pitch closed and not the name then thats their decision.

Serious persecution complex going on down there about RM, as I have stated before having watched alot of his games. He is pretty fair across the board and generally as with most referees county players get the benefit of the doubt most of the time. So maybe time to look at the chip on the shoulder.

the colonel

Quote from: NAG1 on August 17, 2011, 09:24:08 AM
Colonel, no disrespect either but its quite simple, your pitch wouldnt be closed if the individuals involved had been put forward for suspension by the club. The individuals would have taken the bans and not the club.
If the club prefer to have their pitch closed and not the name then thats their decision.

Serious persecution complex going on down there about RM, as I have stated before having watched alot of his games. He is pretty fair across the board and generally as with most referees county players get the benefit of the doubt most of the time. So maybe time to look at the chip on the shoulder.

The people have been named.

I have no chip on the shoulder about Ray, he knowingly put Neil in for verbal abuse when he knew it wasn't him. I am not going to go on about what Ray said and done on the night of the game, and in the days after the game as it is not going to do us any help by putting that on a public forum.

Don't come on here with your high and mighty's (accusing my club and I of having a 'chip on the shoulder' if you have no idea what has happened over the last week. Some of what has went on has been ridiculous.

NAG1

I wasnt acusing your club I was saying you personally had chip on your shoulder about RM. I was at the game and saw the incident and also have been around long enough to know that this is nothing to do with personalities or some sense of revenge. As you have said doesnt do any one any favours by complaining about it on here.

maxpower

Though it has got me extremely curious as to what has went on over the last week or so!!!!

Understand best not to go into detail on a public forum.
What happens next????

NAG1

MIBAG was on the money re: reasons why

But max you are correct not the best place for it on here

oisinog

Quote from: the colonel on August 17, 2011, 09:44:08 AM

I have no chip on the shoulder about Ray, he knowingly put Neil in for verbal abuse when he knew it wasn't him. I am not going to go on about what Ray said and done on the night of the game, and in the days after the game as it is not going to do us any help by putting that on a public forum.

Colonel everyone at the game knows who it was and Ray was correct in his decision. Neil got frustrated during the game because he was not playing well and lashed out it was a moment of madness from a player normally so calm. I was really surprised when I heard him say it as I know Neil very well and it was not like him.

If Ray has changed his mind then so be it he now thinks its a mistake and he is a big man for admitting he may have made a mistake and no one can hold that against him

Just Puck It

Quote from: oisinog on August 17, 2011, 10:15:08 AM

Colonel everyone at the game knows who it was and Ray was correct in his decision. Neil got frustrated during the game because he was not playing well and lashed out it was a moment of madness from a player normally so calm. I was really surprised when I heard him say it as I know Neil very well and it was not like him.

If Ray has changed his mind then so be it he now thinks its a mistake and he is a big man for admitting he may have made a mistake and no one can hold that against him

Surely if Ray was so correct in the first place, like you and 'everyone at the game' knows, then surely there would be no grounds for him to have made a mistake?  If he was so sure in the first place, which I feel he would have to have been in order to issue a straight red card, then why would he back pedal now?  Like you said, he was 100% correct.  ::)

Two Hands FFS

Why would Karl be getting suspended then if it was Neil who said it?? Sounds strange Oisin

pdiddy

Quote from: Just Puck It on August 17, 2011, 10:38:32 AM

Surely if Ray was so correct in the first place, like you and 'everyone at the game' knows, then surely there would be no grounds for him to have made a mistake?  If he was so sure in the first place, which I feel he would have to have been in order to issue a straight red card, then why would he back pedal now?  Like you said, he was 100% correct.  ::)

Yeah, I was confused by Oisinog's last post.  Everyone at the game knew it was Neil yet RM is admitting he made a mistake ?????
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

NAG1

My point on it was that Ray was very close to NmcM and followed the ball pointing at him as if to say I heard that and will be back, which he was. Now if Cushendall are saying that it wasnt NmcM then they would have to say who it was and therefore that person would be liable for suspension. Thats how I see it anyway, no big conspiracy to that.

Think Oisinog has this wooden spoon out for the nieghbours  ;)

oisinog

Quote from: Just Puck It on August 17, 2011, 10:38:32 AM

He was 100% correct its only speculation that Neil is going to get off. We all know that sometimes managers have a wee word in a referees ear which can get a player off